Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE Station Access Collection HELP!

t0yb0xt0yb0x Member Posts: 201

i am about to spend money on the SOE Station Access Collection. i've been playing the EQ2 beta and actually like it. i never thought i would. i'm really kinda surprised, tbh.

so here is the issue. as a prior SWG er member (pre CU) is this a really dumb move on my part?

or should i just get the collection and be able to poke my nose into the other cruddy SOE MMOs?

is there a trial for MXO? i could look on the website, but i'm F'n tired atm.

please save me from this possible huge mistake.

or is it a huge mistake?

SOE is sending me purchasing vibes! THE HORRORS!

i'm going back to bed

g'nite,
-t

_______

Now Playing:
EQ2
Prior Games (in no order):
SWG, L2, RO, PT, ROSE, CoH/CoV, AO, UO, EVE, WoW and a bunch of others.
_______

Comments

• InflictionInfliction Member Posts: 1,115
    Browse this site for ten minutes (see SWG specific forum) and you'll find 10,000 reasons why NOT to purchase anything from SOE, especially an all access pass.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

There is no trial for MxO yet, but the Combat Revamp is about to go live ( not planned by sony planned by monolith) so i assume after this major work is done they will offer a trial.

I'd say station access is worth it just to try out some of the other games, the only SOE games i play are MxO and SWG but im sure being able to try the others for free isnt a bad thing, or mayeb not free but for 8 dollars extra a month or something.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

Originally posted by t0yb0x

i am about to spend money on the SOE Station Access Collection. i've been playing the EQ2 beta and actually like it. i never thought i would. i'm really kinda surprised, tbh.
    so here is the issue. as a prior SWG er member (pre CU) is this a really dumb move on my part?
    or should i just get the collection and be able to poke my nose into the other cruddy SOE MMOs?
    is there a trial for MXO? i could look on the website, but i'm F'n tired atm.
    please save me from this possible huge mistake.
    or is it a huge mistake?
    SOE is sending me purchasing vibes! THE HORRORS!
    i'm going back to bed
    g'nite,
    -t

Station access will grant you access to; EQII, MxO, Planetside, SWG and some others and in my opinion is a good deal ( if you want to play any of those titles ).

Subscribe for a month and you can try MxO etc.

• deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

i am about to spend money on the SOE Station Access Collection. i've been playing the EQ2 beta and actually like it. i never thought i would. i'm really kinda surprised, tbh.so here is the issue. as a prior SWG er member (pre CU) is this a really dumb move on my part?

SWG is fundamentally different since November. it has a trial I think, so you may want to check it out before purchasing it. Keep in mind that the trial area is as "Star Warsy" as it gets, after that it's a let down.

If you like the new SWG, then by all means buy SOE Station Access Collection. Planetside is a decent game to play from time to time and MxO is having a combat revamp that significantly improves the game. If you don't like the SWG trial, a safe bet is just purchasing only EQ2.

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

• t0yb0xt0yb0x Member Posts: 201

thanks all.

i decided to not cave in and just get EQ2 instead. i'll poke my head into SWG and see what damage is done w/ using a trial account. i can't believe you can make a jedi from the start now. what's the point?

i guess the point is that it gives me a reason to become a bounty hunter. ::::40::

cheers!
    -t

_______

Now Playing:
    EQ2
    _______

• HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

i've been playing the EQ2 beta and actually like it.

You mean trial, don't you? ::::35::. Although...

• t0yb0xt0yb0x Member Posts: 201

Originally posted by Hashman
    You mean trial, don't you? ::::35::. Although...

wow... the forums are way sluggish.

anyway...

yar... i meant to say "trial" and not "beta". getting my worms mixed up. (yes... worms)

i need a nap =_=

-t

_______

Now Playing:
    EQ2
    _______