Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mediah update arriving tomorrow, April 30th

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
Just posted in their forums a little while ago:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/59060-maintenance-regular-maintenance/

No details as to whether Blader/Plum will also come with it as it did in other regions.
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Where have all the MMO's gone? where is my online player? where is his shiny gun? Where is my elf Ranger? Where have all the MMO's gone. ugh boy
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Never mind. I missed that there's already a thread in the News forum.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• CareBearGriefCareBearGrief Member CommonPosts: 2
    So excited! Been waiting for queued pvp for so long; someone IG told me it's in this patch imma die if its not
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited March 2016
    +16 and up equipment that transforms players into GODS OF MURDER for ganking those not able to keep up!  New higher soft level cap (for more murder fun for those not able to keep up!)!  And grinding to it must be in PvP enabled areas (BRING THE SHEEP TO THE WOLVES)!   (Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there's nothing significant added for those pansy carebear horse breeders, farmers, and node linkers, right? At least, I never saw anyone talking about such things when discussing the expansion)

LET THE HEADS ROLL.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.  SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
    Yeah. Queued PVP battleground is in.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited March 2016
    *reads patch notes*  Ayup, absolutely nothing for horse breeding, fishing, node linking, or crafting (besides an item added to alchemists which is used for PvP only)

*readies axe*

YOU CAN'T PUT LEVEL 45 OFF FOREVER, GUYS.  (but don't worry, if you recall correctly, the lack of end game isn't an issue!)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    *reads patch notes*  Ayup, absolutely nothing for horse breeding, fishing, node linking, or crafting (besides an item added to alchemists which is used for PvP only)

*readies axe*

YOU CAN'T PUT LEVEL 45 OFF FOREVER, GUYS.  (but don't worry, if you recall correctly, the lack of end game isn't an issue!)
    Why do you care? you don't play it.

fyi, I'm level 50 and definitely undergeared compared to the +16's coming and you don't see me rushing to the forums and fretting.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:

*readies axe*

fyi, I'm level 50 and definitely undergeared compared to the +16's coming and you don't see me rushing to the forums and fretting.
    I care not for your nonexistent frets!
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    +16 and up equipment that transforms players into GODS OF MURDER for ganking those not able to keep up!  New higher soft level cap (for more murder fun for those not able to keep up!)!  And grinding to it must be in PvP enabled areas (BRING THE SHEEP TO THE WOLVES)!   (Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there's nothing significant added for those pansy carebear horse breeders, farmers, and node linkers, right? At least, I never saw anyone talking about such things when discussing the expansion)

LET THE HEADS ROLL.

+15 is still cap.

There was not +16 - +20 in this patch.

Gotta give Daum credit, these guys know what they're doing.

LET THE HEADS ROLL.

+15 is still cap.

It's possible Daum simply forgot to include it in the patch notes.  Servers are up now so we'll see.
    Sovrath said:

*readies axe*

I care not for your nonexistent frets!

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

edited March 2016

LET THE HEADS ROLL.

+15 is still cap.

It's possible Daum simply forgot to include it in the patch notes.  Servers are up now so we'll see.

Its been confirmed by CM Joukas.  

+15 - +20 was not included in this patch.  They realize its too soon and this will give the rest of the population time to be competitive.

+15 - +20 was not included in this patch.  They realize its too soon and this will give the rest of the population time to be competitive.
    Oooooh, okay, nice.

Guess I shouldn't have underestimated Daum's intelligence.  Releasing +16 and up enchantments without/before switching the business model to an F2P P2W cash shop model would have been a pointless self-sabotaging move with no profit to gain from it.
    edited March 2016

Oooooh, okay, nice.

Guess I shouldn't have underestimated Daum's intelligence.  Releasing +16 and up enchantments without/before switching the business model to an F2P P2W cash shop model would have been a pointless self-sabotaging move with no profit to gain from it.

I agree.  It's only been a month.  Much to soon to bump it up beyond +15 at this point.

BTW, its been confirmed ... Blader and Plum by mid April.

Loving how Daum is handling BDO.  Everything about this game and it's release has been a refreshing twist to the mess that have been other games and releases to this point.  Was starting to write off the MMORPG genre. BDO has rejuvenated my faith that the genre could be turning a corner and evolving into something special going into the future.

Oooooh, okay, nice.

Speaking of pointless self-sabotaging moves... :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

A notice just popped up in the game for the first 40 man battlefield.

If anyone wants to try it out best to hurry and log on now.  Should be fun lol

Are those for any particular level or do they have some kind of bolstering mechanic?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Oooooh, okay, nice.

Speaking of pointless self-sabotaging moves... :)
    You can't self-sabotage yourself if you have no end-goal!  I'm just here for the entertainment.
    Iselin said:

Are those for any particular level or do they have some kind of bolstering mechanic?

Players stats (ATK & DEF) will be adjusted to meet the minimum requirement if the player’s stats are below the threshold.

Here I'll copy/paste all of the info regarding the Crimson Battlefield;

Crimson Battlefield

• The Crimson Battlefield is a special island where players are divided into two teams to fight for 20 minutes in a 40 vs 40 deathmatch.

• Players stats (ATK & DEF) will be adjusted to meet the minimum requirement if the player’s stats are below the threshold.

• All participants receive a +1,000 HP bonus while in the battlefield.

• If the sum of both teams score is over 200 and the difference in score between both teams is greater than 30% the losing side will receive an additional HP Buff of +500 (Total +1,500)

• Players can enter the Crimson Battlefield via their Black Spirit or once they have done that by hitting ESC and clicking the Crimson Battlefield button.

• Players earn points by killing enemy players.

• Each player starts with 10 points.

• When you kill an enemy you gain ½ of their points.

• When you are killed by an enemy you lose ¼ of your points.

• You cannot go below one point.

• You will always earn at least one point for a kill.

• The Crimson Battlefield is available in all channels except the Siege Channels.

• When the battle ends the winning side earns 6 Red Seals, while the losing side earns 2.

• 150 Red Seals can be exchanged for a Red Essence at Ornella in Heidel.

• Heating Red Essence and Ancient Magic Crystal: Power can produce Red Battlefield Crystal: Power.

• Heating Red Essence and Ancient Magic Crystal: Adamantine can produce Red Battlefield Crystal: Adamantine

• Battlefield exclusive potions can be purchased from the NPC Daz in the Battlefield.

• [Battlefield] HP/MP Instant Potion (XL)

• High-Concentrated Herbal Juice

• HP/MP Potion (XL)

um ...

• Heating Red Essence and Ancient Magic Crystal: Power can produce Red Battlefield Crystal: Power.

• Heating Red Essence and Ancient Magic Crystal: Adamantine can produce Red Battlefield Crystal: Adamantine

What the heck does one do with "power" and Adamantine?

Thanks man I had seen that. But I wondered if there is any other kind of tweaking. I mean, can a level 45 even hit a 50 without missing 9 out of 10 times?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Thanks man I had seen that. But I wondered if there is any other kind of tweaking. I mean, can a level 45 even hit a 50 without missing 9 out of 10 times?
    What I get from that is that the battlefield criteria is pretty much at max and everyone who wants to join and isn't up to par is brought up to meet that criteria.  I haven't tried it yet trying to go down the list of things I really wanted to do first but I am anxious to give it whirl as soon as I get myself organized.
    edited March 2016

Sovrath said:
    um ...

What the heck does one do with "power" and Adamantine?

I think those will be needed to craft powerful weapon and armor enhancements.

Shoot, just ran into what looks like a T2 horse and dont have any rope  :(

Shoot, just ran into what looks like a T2 horse and dont have any rope  :(
    One of the three I tamed yesterday looked very different from most of my others and he was hell to tame no matter how many sugar lumps I gave him. Finally got him and registerd him... T1 male lol. One of the others, a run of the mill chestnut turned out to be a T2 female. Looks can be deceiving. 

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED