Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Japanese gamers outraged at Western SJW censorship.

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
edited March 2016 in General Gaming
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8542569.html

So these japanese games are now being censored because of Western SJW and Western feminists.

Japanese players are getting pretty pissed at Westerners to put it mildly. Their games are being directly affected.

Star Ocean 5 just got changed due to Western SJW.

"Square Enix Gave Star Ocean 5’s Miki Bigger Panties in Fear of Western Criticism.

In an interview with 4Gamer, Square Enix has revealed some interesting tidbits regarding Star Ocean 5: Integrity & Faithlessness, as well as how the developer is viewing worrying ongoing trends in the modern, western part of the gaming industry.

In the interview, Star Ocean 5 character designer Akira Yasuda, director Hiroshi Ogawa, and producer Shuichi Kobayashi revealed that not only is the studio aware of western criticism of revealing female character designs, they’ve made changes to the game because of that very same western criticism.

Finally, the developer confirmed they’ve slightly censored the game, in the form of Miki’s panties. You can view a comparison above, with the first image before the change, and the second image after the change.

Post edited by Kiyoris on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    "Way to prostrate yourselves to your white masters, devs" that is my favorite one

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Technically, Europe is east from North America. I hope japanese gamers realise this.
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Pantsu. <3
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114
    edited March 2016
    That pic is quality material. There's only one thing that needs correcting: "white feminazi masters". Just look at the whole Tracer and Overwatch - thing.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited March 2016
    They're right though, what the hell are SJW sites like Kotaku and Polygon doing telling artist from OTHER COUNTRIES what they should and should not put in their games.

A rating on games is one thing, it's another when Western self-appointed SJW start to demand from Japanese developers to censor or get hit with a low gaming score.

I mean if I was an artist for a game, and a bunch of random foreigners started telling me what I can and can't make, I would be pissed too.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    edited March 2016
    Lol the feminists are insane. I can't believe they would make panties bigger because of that reason. This may now give me ambition to create a skyrim mod, where you run around in thongs and no bra, and kill pig nose ringed feminists, to achieve ultimate power. 

That is like saying that your gonna change something in your game, because your afraid your gonna hurt the feelings of the iq 30 people at the retard camp. Yes feminism in its current form,  is a mental disorder, if you didn't get it. 
    edited March 2016

That is like saying that your gonna change something in your game, because your afraid your gonna hurt the feelings of the iq 30 people at the retard camp. Yes feminism in its current form,  is a mental disorder, if you didn't get it. 
    Also, SJW sites like Polygon and Kotaku actually lower scores if there is too much female skin in a game.

And because for some idiotic reason, these sites still generate traffic, Japanese developers are forced to bow to these US sites and censor, or get hit with a lower score.

edited March 2016
    Torval said:
    Kotaku and Polygon are based in countries where people are allowed to express their opinion. If they couldn't it would just be another facet of the censorship you continually rail against.

You see "in the west" we're actually allowed to voice our opinions, make demands, and express ourselves how we want. "In the west" no one has to listen to anyone else or capitulate outside of the law.

This has nothing to do with opinions:

1) what kotaku and polygon do is based on a feminist agenda
    2) kotaku and polygon are part of the GameJournoPros list, leaked by breitbart, which pushes agendas
    3) they lower scores for insane reasons, like Bayonetta being too revealing, even though she has been since forever
    4) their arguments are always full of holes, they called the bayonetta character sexist, until the Japanese artist spoke out about it and said she was female
    5) the majority of people playing these games DO NOT want their games censored
    6) the audacity of these sites, telling foreigners to abide by SJW standards they invented, is ridiculous, who do these sites think they are
    7) gamers are massive groups of people, this over-the-top SJW and Censorship idiocy is actually starting to hurt foreign relations, PC correctness has become such a disease, the US is actually about to elect a president who laments SJW and PC correctness as a campaign point
  • TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Torval said:
    Kiyoris said:
    They're right though, what the hell are SJW sites like Kotaku and Polygon doing telling artist from OTHER COUNTRIES what they should and should not put in their games.

A rating on games is one thing, it's another when Western self-appointed SJW start to demand from Japanese developers to censor or get hit with a low gaming score.

I mean if I was an artist for a game, and a bunch of random foreigners started telling me what I can and can't make, I would be pissed too.
    Kotaku and Polygon are based in countries where people are allowed to express their opinion. If they couldn't it would just be another facet of the censorship you continually rail against.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Japan is a country built on western values (well at least they got them shoved down their throats after WWII).

About those devs selling out: i think that it isn't the artists who are selling out, but the suits at the top who force artist to change their artistic vision because they want to make money. For the artist the choice is simple: comply or look for another job.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Torval said:

You see "in the west" we're actually allowed to voice our opinions, make demands, and express ourselves how we want. "In the west" no one has to listen to anyone else or capitulate outside of the law.

Correct. Kiyoris thinks that "we in the west" must always accept everything and not voice a dissenting opinion.

We can be politically correct, we can be racist, we can be "trash" we can be snooty and stuck up, we can do business with someone because we want over sexualized images and we can decide that we won't publish something if we don't like those images.

If foreign companies want to do business with "certain companies" then they can either capitulate or find another company to do business with.

Kiyoris seems to think that people not wanting to publish something because they don't agree with it is censorship. I think she needs to educate herself a bit.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Does not hurt my feelings at all. IMO too many MMOs are walking away from family. Even WoW never showed blood and gore. Now lots of skills show blood flying all over the place. Many of these games need to be pulled back a little and think of the larger picture. I wish more devs teams would make this move. I do think M rated games should have their fun but as it stands, when there is more M rated contact then teen rated. We have a problem. 
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    pantheron said:
    "Way to prostrate yourselves to your white masters, devs" that is my favorite one
    Its pretty accurate
    edited March 2016
    Sovrath said:

If foreign companies want to do business with "certain companies" then they can either capitulate or find another company to do business with.

Don't worry, more and more games are simply no longer coming out in the US. Japanese developers and gamers are sick and tired of judgemental US SJW telling them what they can and can't do.

You can keep your bloody shooters and SJW, we'll keep artistic integrity and good games.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I spent 15 years living in Japan (Sendai and Tokyo).  I can understand people being upset about something like this.  Things aren't much better, over here.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Once again, who cares? Stop being like the SJW's who cry about everything.

No one is forcing these companies to change jack squat. They're welcome to release whatever they want. And if they get lower reviews or fewer sales then so be it. But they don't want lower reviews or fewer sales, so they change stuff. This is about money and not about social justice or boobs or butts.

It only proves that game studios don't care about you as a person (never have and never will), they just want your money. Businesses are not meant to deal with anyone's silly socio-cultural issues, they're meant to make money. Don't like what they do? Don't buy from them, they'll change things back. Simple.

Crying doesn't change anything. You can't sit around whining because you don't get to see as much pixel booty as you previously wanted to while still buying the product. You either stand by what you believe and forego the games or you stfu and buy the game and stop caring if a game has 1 ass slap or 10 ass slaps.

And just to add, what on Earth does it matter if Japanese gamers are outraged? Are they special or something? If they're still buying the games then their money's voice greatly outweighs any other whining.

Who am I kidding? You're going to buy the games anyway and continue crying big ol' tears while not realizing that you're exactly the same as the SJW's. It doesn't matter which side of the coin you're on, if you're a whiney little sadsack, you're the same as the other.
  • DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Should we tell another country how to live? Probably not. Should there be a standard for how women are viewed across the world? Yep. 

If you want to show off a girl in panties, equality the shizz out of it and put a guy in his briefs or something. Easy peasy. I've heard the, "Shouldn't censor female characters... because it is art" rant before. No, it is tits and ass. I get why you like to look at it, but it does warp one's perspective. Every time I hear a conversation like this, my own warped perspectives kick in though. I had a friend who was all pro-no censor.
    "Girls should be in tiny outfits all the time because it is art and IF that is how the character wants to dress then she can do what she wants... see I am pro-woman's choice... I am totally open minded"

Same guy REFUSES to play Enchanted Arms because one of the characters was gay. 

It is all the same crap. 
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    edited March 2016
    I love Japan, except when they kill Whales and Dolphins.
    Unfortunately, yes...the USA is full of a bunch of Politically Correct Pansies, who will censor a game like this, but at the same time during "Prime Time" Television in the USA shove Vaginal Itch creme commercials, Condom commercials, male impotence/performance/enhancement commercials, tampax tampon commercials, and KY Jelly commercials down our kids throats.
    Just remember, if you throw enough money at the Poltically Correct Censorship Rulers here in the USA they can be bought to change their minds.
    edited March 2016
    Rusque said:
    Once again, who cares? Stop being like the SJW's who cry about everything.

No one is forcing these companies to change jack squat. They're welcome to release whatever they want.
    No they're not "welcome to release whatever they want", in fact more and more Japanese developers choose no longer to release their game in the US.

Japanese developers feel very UNwelcome in the US. Their artists are CONSTANTLY under attack in the US from SJW and feminist groups.

Why would Japanese developers still release games when US review sites trash them and cry every time they see female skin?

• rochristrochrist Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Lord knows there is a terrible shortage of panty shots and jiggling boobies in Japanese games!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Weird thing is that the people who play games like Star Ocean and other "anime bullsh*t" games don't give a crap about the SJW or their agenda and don't buy games like Bayonetta (one of the best games ever BTW) based on what the morons of Kotaku thinks. People who buy games like this buy it because it is animie BS and not politically correct. So when the Japanese change their game because some moron at Kotaku is getting their panties in a twist they are changing their game for people who will never buy their game anyway.
    edited March 2016
    Dhaenon said:
    Should we tell another country how to live? Probably not. Should there be a standard for how women are viewed across the world? Yep.
    Oh I see, you think US gaming sites should be telling Japanese women how they should be viewed?

Are you from Japan? If not, mind your own business. Japan doesn't need lessons on how to treat women from foreign gamers.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    See i dont blame the SJW's ..There is always going to be uptight miserable lonely people who want to make trouble or have absurd amounts of free time that allow their own insecurities to manifest into frivolous  issues. I dont  blame those pathetic hipsters, whom i blame is the devs and gaming company's that cave in to the whims of these mornons, why do they cave so easy? Tell them to F off!
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Please don't bring this junk over to our forums. There's enough of this madness everywhere else. We don't need it here. Thanks!

Locking this.
This discussion has been closed.