Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Oculus Rift Review. VR Not there yet.

124»

Comments

  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,755
    edited March 2016
    SEANMCAD said:

    They are trying very hard to sell you this shit thats for sure... Its a PR flood & its getting really fucking annoying. Don't let yourself be brainwashed. If you don't like it & think it sucks, stick to your guns and wait for when that tech is actually going to be something you want.

    Now we could ask, why are they trying so hard? My guest ( tin foil hat on ) is that its the ultimate subliminal platform where they will be able to control EVERYTHING that you see while its on. They'll get your undivided attention to fill your brain with whatever crap they want. Welcome to the new world!

    very solid

    my own ask would be if you ever see a free public demo out in a mall or whatever, give it a shot that way you will know 100% if you like it or not.

    If I was interested I would get the Google cardboard model, it's about $20 or there are instructions out on how to build a cardboard model for free, I think.  If you like that get a more expensive plastic model for your smartphone, more durable and gives you an even better feel for using it for extended amounts of times and there is software and YouTube VR videos out for iOS and Android.  A quick and dirty experience would be to bring up a youtube VR video.  You can play the video move your phone around and see how the environment changes as you move the phone around, of course you just hold the phone in front of your eyes.

    I did use a VR headset at a mall once a long long time ago.  They were doing a survey and had you watch a movie, then answer some questions.  They've been trying to make the public like this for a very long time, it's not all that new.  Every few years I would look into them but the good ones were thousands of dollars so never bought one.

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited March 2016
    SEANMCAD said:

    They are trying very hard to sell you this shit thats for sure... Its a PR flood & its getting really fucking annoying. Don't let yourself be brainwashed. If you don't like it & think it sucks, stick to your guns and wait for when that tech is actually going to be something you want.

    Now we could ask, why are they trying so hard? My guest ( tin foil hat on ) is that its the ultimate subliminal platform where they will be able to control EVERYTHING that you see while its on. They'll get your undivided attention to fill your brain with whatever crap they want. Welcome to the new world!

    very solid

    my own ask would be if you ever see a free public demo out in a mall or whatever, give it a shot that way you will know 100% if you like it or not.

    If I was interested I would get the Google cardboard model, it's about $20 or there are instructions out on how to build a cardboard model for free, I think.  If you like that get a more expensive plastic model for your smartphone, more durable and gives you and even better feel for using it for extended amounts of times and there is software and YouTube VR videos out for iOS and Android.  A quick and dirty experience would be to bring up a youtube VR video.  You can play the video move your phone around and see how the environment changes as you move the phone around, of course you just hold the phone in front of your eyes.

    I did use a VR headset at a mall once a long long time ago.  They were doing a survey and had you watch a movie, then answer some questions.  They've been trying to make the public like this for a very long time, it's not all that new.  Every few years I would look into them but the good ones were thousands of dollars so never bought one.
    using google cardboard instead of a public demo to see what Oculus is like is a bit like avoding the train station to go to the toy store to look at trains to get an idea of how loud a train gets.


    I dont know what black hole magic people think Samsung lives in that suggests a cell phone can deliever the same experience as a $1500 PC

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    "operating the Rift can be frustrating"

    "you're stuck using an Xbox controller, you're blindfolded, it is confusing"

    "visible pixels on the Rift make it seem like you're looking through a screen door"

    "the Rift is still a no-go for anyone with motion sickness"

    "you are closed off from your environment, the Rift feels isolated"

    "you might want to wait for version 2"

    auch
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    edited March 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/oculus-rift-review-vr-gets-140804729.html

    Pretty much how I've felt about VR this entire time.  It's still gimmicky and not quite there for gaming. 
    I have to ask at this point. 

    You seem to have a rather well defined and detailed opinion on this device that would kinda require one to have experienced one in order to forumlate.

    aka...you 'wrote' a review before this guy who waited to actually try it before doing so.


    Spoken like the true worthless hypocrite  you are...good work. 
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Kiyoris said:
    "operating the Rift can be frustrating"

    "you're stuck using an Xbox controller, you're blindfolded, it is confusing"

    "visible pixels on the Rift make it seem like you're looking through a screen door"

    "the Rift is still a no-go for anyone with motion sickness"

    "you are closed off from your environment, the Rift feels isolated"

    "you might want to wait for version 2"

    auch
    Several thousands words in an article and you do what?

    yeah no hyper bias there..none at all, at least none that isnt painfully obvious to literally everyone

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kiyoris said:
    "operating the Rift can be frustrating"

    "you're stuck using an Xbox controller, you're blindfolded, it is confusing"

    "visible pixels on the Rift make it seem like you're looking through a screen door"

    "the Rift is still a no-go for anyone with motion sickness"

    "you are closed off from your environment, the Rift feels isolated"

    "you might want to wait for version 2"

    auch
    Several thousands words in an article and you do what?

    yeah no hyper bias there..none at all, at least none that isnt painfully obvious to literally everyone

    You do realize most here think of you as the poster child for bias don't you ?

    I'm not sure I've ever read a more ironic statement than you of all people telling someone else about their "hyper bias".


  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited March 2016
    Dahkoht said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kiyoris said:
    "operating the Rift can be frustrating"

    "you're stuck using an Xbox controller, you're blindfolded, it is confusing"

    "visible pixels on the Rift make it seem like you're looking through a screen door"

    "the Rift is still a no-go for anyone with motion sickness"

    "you are closed off from your environment, the Rift feels isolated"

    "you might want to wait for version 2"

    auch
    Several thousands words in an article and you do what?

    yeah no hyper bias there..none at all, at least none that isnt painfully obvious to literally everyone

    You do realize most here think of you as the poster child for bias don't you ?

    I'm not sure I've ever read a more ironic statement than you of all people telling someone else about their "hyper bias".


    yeah I am aware of that however he took his to hieghts i dont think i ever have regardless of what forum posters 'impressions' are.

    when was the last time you have seen me dissect an article like that?

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,755
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

    They are trying very hard to sell you this shit thats for sure... Its a PR flood & its getting really fucking annoying. Don't let yourself be brainwashed. If you don't like it & think it sucks, stick to your guns and wait for when that tech is actually going to be something you want.

    Now we could ask, why are they trying so hard? My guest ( tin foil hat on ) is that its the ultimate subliminal platform where they will be able to control EVERYTHING that you see while its on. They'll get your undivided attention to fill your brain with whatever crap they want. Welcome to the new world!

    very solid

    my own ask would be if you ever see a free public demo out in a mall or whatever, give it a shot that way you will know 100% if you like it or not.

    If I was interested I would get the Google cardboard model, it's about $20 or there are instructions out on how to build a cardboard model for free, I think.  If you like that get a more expensive plastic model for your smartphone, more durable and gives you and even better feel for using it for extended amounts of times and there is software and YouTube VR videos out for iOS and Android.  A quick and dirty experience would be to bring up a youtube VR video.  You can play the video move your phone around and see how the environment changes as you move the phone around, of course you just hold the phone in front of your eyes.

    I did use a VR headset at a mall once a long long time ago.  They were doing a survey and had you watch a movie, then answer some questions.  They've been trying to make the public like this for a very long time, it's not all that new.  Every few years I would look into them but the good ones were thousands of dollars so never bought one.
    using google cardboard instead of a public demo to see what Oculus is like is a bit like avoding the train station to go to the toy store to look at trains to get an idea of how loud a train gets.


    I dont know what black hole magic people think Samsung lives in that suggests a cell phone can deliever the same experience as a $1500 PC

    Actually I agree.  If you can afford it and want to jump into the early adopter deep end of the pool to get the full experience go for it.  I love early adopters because they help make the second and third generation models cheaper and better working.  

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited March 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

    They are trying very hard to sell you this shit thats for sure... Its a PR flood & its getting really fucking annoying. Don't let yourself be brainwashed. If you don't like it & think it sucks, stick to your guns and wait for when that tech is actually going to be something you want.

    Now we could ask, why are they trying so hard? My guest ( tin foil hat on ) is that its the ultimate subliminal platform where they will be able to control EVERYTHING that you see while its on. They'll get your undivided attention to fill your brain with whatever crap they want. Welcome to the new world!

    very solid

    my own ask would be if you ever see a free public demo out in a mall or whatever, give it a shot that way you will know 100% if you like it or not.

    If I was interested I would get the Google cardboard model, it's about $20 or there are instructions out on how to build a cardboard model for free, I think.  If you like that get a more expensive plastic model for your smartphone, more durable and gives you and even better feel for using it for extended amounts of times and there is software and YouTube VR videos out for iOS and Android.  A quick and dirty experience would be to bring up a youtube VR video.  You can play the video move your phone around and see how the environment changes as you move the phone around, of course you just hold the phone in front of your eyes.

    I did use a VR headset at a mall once a long long time ago.  They were doing a survey and had you watch a movie, then answer some questions.  They've been trying to make the public like this for a very long time, it's not all that new.  Every few years I would look into them but the good ones were thousands of dollars so never bought one.
    using google cardboard instead of a public demo to see what Oculus is like is a bit like avoding the train station to go to the toy store to look at trains to get an idea of how loud a train gets.


    I dont know what black hole magic people think Samsung lives in that suggests a cell phone can deliever the same experience as a $1500 PC

    Actually I agree.  If you can afford it and want to jump into the early adopter deep end of the pool to get the full experience go for it.  I love early adopters because they help make the second and third generation models cheaper and better working.  
    not there yet. let me try will an example. you are driving to the mall, you walk into the mall, there in the mall is a large kysok with the Vive you can try out for free of for a dollar just get in line. I thought I made that clear but I guess not. I am suggesting to people that when they see such displays in the near future that they try it.

    that part was in this quote:
    'my own ask would be if you ever see a free public demo out in a mall or whatever, give it a shot that way you will know 100% if you like it or not.'

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    For the ones who keep saying , "it's just one guy" , for every review the evangelists point out that say "I had zero problems , I could wear it for hours" there are others who point out it's physically uncomfortable and nauseating to them , two separate issues that VCR's and smart phones didn't cause when they were introduced.

    I've got no problem standing by my prediction the vast majority of gamers won't pay money to be physically uncomfortable after 20-30 mins.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/31/technology/personaltech/oculus-rift-virtual-reality-review.html

    "The Rift has other consequences for the mind and body. I felt mentally drained after 20-minute sessions. My eyes felt strained after half an hour, and over a week I developed a nervous eye twitch.

    Oculus recommends Rift owners ease into the headset: Use it a few minutes at a time initially, then gradually increase the amount of time. All Rift users should take short breaks after every 30 minutes of use, the company said."


    http://www.wsj.com/articles/oculus-rift-review-vrs-rising-star-isnt-ready-for-the-mainstream-1459173888


    "But the Rift itself, while an engineering marvel, still just isn’t that good at convincing you you’re in an alternate reality. After the novelty wears off, using the 1.5-pound headset is about as awkward as sleeping on an airplane. It’s hard to avoid feeling queasy when virtual scenes move without your actual body. I couldn’t even last one entire race in “Project Cars,” a racing simulator. (Oculus rates apps based on comfort: Our favorite zombie-hunting game, “Into the Dead,” all but forces you to stop and take breaks.)"


    http://kotaku.com/one-wild-occasionally-nauseating-week-of-virtual-reali-1767442615


    "I usually have to take breaks from Rift games well before I would if I were playing on a monitor. Usually, my eyes start to ache and I can feel the headset digging into my face. On a few rarer instances I’ve had to stop due to motion sickness, which is not a fun reason to stop playing a video game. I made the mistake of playing the intense racing game Radial-G: Racing Revolved right after a 30-minute bout of Eve: Valkyrie, and got woozy enough that I had to stop playing VR for the night. Woof."


    But no , there's no way anyone could decide that being physically uncomfortable to play a game isn't worth it to them is there ? 

  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited March 2016
    Dahkoht said:
    For the ones who keep saying , "it's just one guy" , for every review the evangelists point out that say "I had zero problems , I could wear it for hours" there are others who point out it's physically uncomfortable and nauseating to them , two separate issues that VCR's and smart phones didn't cause when they were introduced.

    I've got no problem standing by my prediction the vast majority of gamers won't pay money to be physically uncomfortable after 20-30 mins.

    you seem to think that statistical outliers will become the truth for ALL players.
     You seem to think that the experience of a few players will become the experience of all players and...

    that companies like Valve and Facebook over the course of several years didnt sit down and test the thing for 20-30 mins. and you call ME crazy?

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    http://www.techinsider.io/why-oculus-rift-might-not-be-for-you-2016-3

    "I have tried the Oculus Rift, the long-awaited (and very expensive!) VR headset twice in the last couple of months.

    And each time I've used it, I've come away feeling sick to my stomach. 

    Both times I was playing immersive, first-person perspective games. It was an incredible experience, to be sure — unlike any other video game experience I've ever had.

    But I had to stop playing and pull off the headset both times out of fear I'd lose my breakfast.

    I'm not alone. My colleague Ben Gilbert, who has spent the last week pretty much immersed in the Oculus Rift, said that about 70% of people in our office who tried it reported some kind of nausea or headache while using it."


    Nah , it's only a minor few who have issues with physical discomfort.

  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Dahkoht said:
    http://www.techinsider.io/why-oculus-rift-might-not-be-for-you-2016-3

    "I have tried the Oculus Rift, the long-awaited (and very expensive!) VR headset twice in the last couple of months.

    And each time I've used it, I've come away feeling sick to my stomach. 

    Both times I was playing immersive, first-person perspective games. It was an incredible experience, to be sure — unlike any other video game experience I've ever had.

    But I had to stop playing and pull off the headset both times out of fear I'd lose my breakfast.

    I'm not alone. My colleague Ben Gilbert, who has spent the last week pretty much immersed in the Oculus Rift, said that about 70% of people in our office who tried it reported some kind of nausea or headache while using it."


    Nah , it's only a minor few who have issues with physical discomfort.

    I am not suggesting that you dont have these experiences or that other people do as well. I am suggesting that your experience is rather rare rather than common place.

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,283
    SalmonMan said:
    You didn't even watch the video did you?  It's a complete reality check.  Definitely start posting some of those positive video reviews...     and please, if you see anything wrong with what this video states.. you should totally respond saying what's "wrong" with what he says.. because from what I can tell he's 100% correct.
    Well, in his opinion. Many disagree.

    Personally, i dont get the facsination with strapping a box to ones head, and paying a grand to do so. It seems very gimmicky, and i suspect it'll end up like 3D, but hey, what do I know. I'll check back in 5 years and see whats doing - my PC rig and large monitor are fine enough for me right now thanks :-D
    That's kinda the point many are making.  It's ok for you not to get it.  For others, it is A fascination.  In order to be successful, we have to hope the latter is willing to spend the duckets to see their fascination thrive.  

    There were people who thought 'Talkies' were a passing fad and silent movies were the way to go.  That could very well have happened if not enough people who were fascinated by the new fangled movies actually spent their money.  Today, we take it for granted that movies should have sound.  In fact, a lot of people probably don't know that movies didn't have sound in the beginning.

    Whenever new technologies come out, it's like a chess match between the companies creating the competing tech.  Only time will tell, but the battle is fascination. 

    Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    SEANMCAD said:
    Dahkoht said:
    http://www.techinsider.io/why-oculus-rift-might-not-be-for-you-2016-3

    "I have tried the Oculus Rift, the long-awaited (and very expensive!) VR headset twice in the last couple of months.

    And each time I've used it, I've come away feeling sick to my stomach. 

    Both times I was playing immersive, first-person perspective games. It was an incredible experience, to be sure — unlike any other video game experience I've ever had.

    But I had to stop playing and pull off the headset both times out of fear I'd lose my breakfast.

    I'm not alone. My colleague Ben Gilbert, who has spent the last week pretty much immersed in the Oculus Rift, said that about 70% of people in our office who tried it reported some kind of nausea or headache while using it."


    Nah , it's only a minor few who have issues with physical discomfort.

    I am not suggesting that you dont have these experiences or that other people do as well. I am suggesting that your experience is rather rare rather than common place.
    Could you list me these studies saying it's rare?


  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,231
    mgilbrtsn said:
    SalmonMan said:
    You didn't even watch the video did you?  It's a complete reality check.  Definitely start posting some of those positive video reviews...     and please, if you see anything wrong with what this video states.. you should totally respond saying what's "wrong" with what he says.. because from what I can tell he's 100% correct.
    Well, in his opinion. Many disagree.

    Personally, i dont get the facsination with strapping a box to ones head, and paying a grand to do so. It seems very gimmicky, and i suspect it'll end up like 3D, but hey, what do I know. I'll check back in 5 years and see whats doing - my PC rig and large monitor are fine enough for me right now thanks :-D
    That's kinda the point many are making.  It's ok for you not to get it.  For others, it is A fascination.  In order to be successful, we have to hope the latter is willing to spend the duckets to see their fascination thrive.  

    There were people who thought 'Talkies' were a passing fad and silent movies were the way to go.  That could very well have happened if not enough people who were fascinated by the new fangled movies actually spent their money.  Today, we take it for granted that movies should have sound.  In fact, a lot of people probably don't know that movies didn't have sound in the beginning.

    Whenever new technologies come out, it's like a chess match between the companies creating the competing tech.  Only time will tell, but the battle is fascination. 
     As I mentioned before as an early adopter of a lot of tech... there are things that fly and things that don't.  3D TV's were HUGE when they released,  they were everywhere, and pushed quite heavily.  Every time you went to an electronics store, they had them up front and center where you can try them and test them.  At Frys I remember the 3D glasses for the monitors they had, you would sit and play racing games with 3D...  but, like VR ... 3D TVs became limited.  What they really required was media designed for 3D.

    And yet, despite a large portion of movies came out in theaters (big blockbusters pushed 3D as well concluding that it was the future despite  3D movies being detrimental to filming in many cases) and the 3D blue ray crazy that burned out...  what people ended up doing was viewing them less and less.  But why?

    1) Cost 
    2)Comfort
    3) Purpose.

    3D movies were more costly to see.  The experience didn't add much to the film.

    Comfort was a big thing,  nobody wanted to wear the glasses, especially at home. 

    The purpose was really just to enhance the films...but many films that used it didn't suddenly inherently get better. People lost that purpose because it wasn't necessary. It was.. for all intents and purposes.. a gimmick.


    But VR could be different. It could go either way.  But so far what are people complaining about?

    1)Cost
    You require a very high end PC and the device itself.  
    2)Comfort
    Some people complain of motion sickness.  Most say the Rift is not that big of a deal after wearing it for a while. But this kind of goes a step further.  You are taken out of the world.  You can't see a controller, but what's just as important or worse.. .....  when I play games.. I do things like... eat,  drink,  put controllers down.. enact with things in the physical world.  You can't do that here.  It's uncomfortable.. like in the video... he couldn't see the other person.  I think quite a few gamers.. especially the older ones with kids and families, won't really have time to check out for an hour.

    3) Purpose
    Many people are asking.. "why VR.. why now?"  Name me 3 VR MUST PLAY titles?  I know I couldn't.  Nothing really screams.. "PLAY ME".  While the idea of these kinds of games can be "cool"  and I'm not saying it will never get there.  I'm saying RIGHT NOW.. it isn't there.  And it may never be for all we know. 

    All that we the players can do is really wait and see if we don't want to make a mistake and support something that may either A) be gone in a year with lessening support  or B) be replaced with something better.



  • ballisticknife0ballisticknife0 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    edited March 2016
    I've owned the DK2 for a while now. Honestly, I haven't had any one of my friends or family members that have used it be unimpressed. The DK2 is even behind the current technology, compared to the CV1 even. Although there's a lot of people who talk down about VR, it's pointless to say that it's "not here". It's definitly here, and many large companies are investing in their own version of the technology. Like all technology as well, once a large number of companies release their version, the technology for VR will improve greatly over a very short period of time as everyone races to make their product "the best". Anyway, like I said, I've owned a DK2 for a while now and I've enjoyed every moment I've used it.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited March 2016
    Dahkoht said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Dahkoht said:
    http://www.techinsider.io/why-oculus-rift-might-not-be-for-you-2016-3

    "I have tried the Oculus Rift, the long-awaited (and very expensive!) VR headset twice in the last couple of months.

    And each time I've used it, I've come away feeling sick to my stomach. 

    Both times I was playing immersive, first-person perspective games. It was an incredible experience, to be sure — unlike any other video game experience I've ever had.

    But I had to stop playing and pull off the headset both times out of fear I'd lose my breakfast.

    I'm not alone. My colleague Ben Gilbert, who has spent the last week pretty much immersed in the Oculus Rift, said that about 70% of people in our office who tried it reported some kind of nausea or headache while using it."


    Nah , it's only a minor few who have issues with physical discomfort.

    I am not suggesting that you dont have these experiences or that other people do as well. I am suggesting that your experience is rather rare rather than common place.
    Could you list me these studies saying it's rare?



    you : 'experienced discomfort and nausea when you tried it';

    I: 'did NOT experience discomfort and nausea when I tried it.

    you: 'are suggesting facebook, samsung and HTC didnt do any testing in this regard to forumlate a baseline'

    I: 'I am suggesting its likely that they did'

    you: 'do not have proof or evidence to suggest your experience captures 70% or more of people'

    I: 'dont have proof or evidence either'

    what do I have in the list above that seems reasonable that you do not?


    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros Member EpicPosts: 2,924
    Sorry, but I wouldn't trust that goofy bastard's opinion on anything.  I don't plan on getting an Oculus Rift but if I were I certainly wouldn't let this dope's opinion stop me.  The guy offers zero in the way of valuable insight.  

    You mean goggles that completely envelope my field of vision isolate me from my surroundings?  Isn't that the point, you idiot?!! 
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Sorry, but I wouldn't trust that goofy bastard's opinion on anything.  I don't plan on getting an Oculus Rift but if I were I certainly wouldn't let this dope's opinion stop me.  The guy offers zero in the way of valuable insight.  

    You mean goggles that completely envelope my field of vision isolate me from my surroundings?  Isn't that the point, you idiot?!! 
    who are you calling an idiot?

    sorry without the quote it sometimes the one above it and sometimes the Op

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros Member EpicPosts: 2,924
    SEANMCAD said:
    Sorry, but I wouldn't trust that goofy bastard's opinion on anything.  I don't plan on getting an Oculus Rift but if I were I certainly wouldn't let this dope's opinion stop me.  The guy offers zero in the way of valuable insight.  

    You mean goggles that completely envelope my field of vision isolate me from my surroundings?  Isn't that the point, you idiot?!! 
    who are you calling an idiot?

    sorry without the quote it sometimes the one above it and sometimes the Op
    Oh ... sorry about that.  I'm referring to the guy in the video.  I was commenting on the video review itself; not anyone in this thread.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    SEANMCAD said:
    Sorry, but I wouldn't trust that goofy bastard's opinion on anything.  I don't plan on getting an Oculus Rift but if I were I certainly wouldn't let this dope's opinion stop me.  The guy offers zero in the way of valuable insight.  

    You mean goggles that completely envelope my field of vision isolate me from my surroundings?  Isn't that the point, you idiot?!! 
    who are you calling an idiot?

    sorry without the quote it sometimes the one above it and sometimes the Op
    Oh ... sorry about that.  I'm referring to the guy in the video.  I was commenting on the video review itself; not anyone in this thread.
    fair enough

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562

    Even Angry Joe thinks its a great headset

  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

    Even Angry Joe thinks its a great headset

    and Polygon.com gave it an 8.5 out of 10. not that I personally am a fan of Polygon I actually hate that site...but anyway

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    SEANMCAD said:

    Even Angry Joe thinks its a great headset

    and Polygon.com gave it an 8.5 out of 10. not that I personally am a fan of Polygon I actually hate that site...but anyway
    Yeah but in a thread on the front page they are talking about how they lied about the customization just like the price and how developers are changing how they develope games because of how serious the motion sickness is getting.  
Sign In or Register to comment.