Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard censoring themselves

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Xarko said:
    This one actually kinda is. The censored part doesnt really matter though, at least not to me. Im just kinda dissapointed Blizzard is willing to give up their vision so easily.
    No, it is not.

No one is ordering or forcing Blizzard make those changes, they just do it themselves to please their audience.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Argument is that, dressing up like that and standing with that pose is not strength. Let me tell you : THAT IS STRENGTH.

Last year in dhaka, captial of my country some people organized comic con, within an hour of the event 20-30 mollah with hijab and nakab gathered outside event venue and threatened to attack if "the girls inside who succumbed to devil are not turned back to god with hijab and nakab", organizers had to call police and drive them back once they started thrashing event posters and started forcing their way in. Organizers later that day said they won't ever organize another event in bangladesh.

Now you tell me, a young girl dressing up in racy outfit and standing in the middle of so many men with that pose, is it sign of weakness or strength? 
    I have a felling that Europe and  Western Civilization in general will turn into a retarded Bangladesh )))very soon no offense pal just these retarded religions social problems are melting my brain ...
    I am not offended friend, it is indeed retarded.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Gdemami said:
    Of course not!! It is just localization!! An american company is localizing their game for american audience!!! Nothing wrong here, we should all be on our way as if everything is rainbows and sunshine!! /sarcasm off
    Indeed. Pity you do not understand that...
    Right...this is the point where we should also dug a hole and bury our heads, right?

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Feminism is more about mimicking the abhoring attitude of men. "See! We can be jerks too, now we're equal!"

Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
    edited March 2016
    Right...this is the point where we should also dug a hole and bury our heads, right?
    More overreacting...?
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Gdemami said:
    Xarko said:
    This one actually kinda is. The censored part doesnt really matter though, at least not to me. Im just kinda dissapointed Blizzard is willing to give up their vision so easily.
    No, it is not.

No one is ordering or forcing Blizzard make those changes, they just do it themselves to please their audience.
    Sure, everone in the pleased audience corner just loves it, wait... where is everyone?

No, Blizzard does it to shut them up and avoid bad publicity of larger scale = lower  sales in the long run. Welcome to the bussiness.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    edited March 2016
    Gdemami said:
    Xarko said:
    No, it is not.

audience?
    HAHAHAHAHA I lough straight in your FACE!!! What audience like Anita Sarkeesian? If Blizzard bents over to  retarded feminists that are doing this only for money like Anita who made over 1 million of founding for her retarded videos   that screw Ball less blizzard .
    What other audience fat cows that don't want to work out to get their ass in shape ....

hey I for 2 years trying to get those poster abs ...know what it's impossible!!!!!  you either stay 8/24  7/7 in gym or no abs ))) or you eat all kind of additives or chemicals shit that boost metabolize .....naturally with family with work normal work with kids its close to unachievable .

And when these lazy ass feminist complain I don't understand what the fuck they are talking about ...

NO PLASTIC DILDOS FOR WOMEN !!! MEN GENITALS NOT A TOY !!!!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Kaplan has clarified the change:

We wouldn’t do anything to sacrifice our creative vision for Overwatch, and we’re not going to remove something solely because someone may take issue with it. Our goal isn’t to water down or homogenize the world, or the diverse cast of heroes we’ve built within it. We have poured so much of our heart and souls into this game that it would be a travesty for us to do so.

We understand that not everyone will agree with our decision, and that’s okay. That’s what these kinds of public tests are for. This wasn’t pandering or caving, though. This was the right call from our perspective, and we think the game will be just as fun the next time you play it.

If it isn’t, feel free to continue sharing your concerns, thoughts, and feedback about this and other issues you may have with the game, please just keep the discussion respectful.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Xarko said:
    No, Blizzard does it to shut them up and avoid bad publicity of larger scale = lower  sales in the long run. Welcome to the bussiness.
    Same thing... Still, no one is forcing them, there is no authority imposing repercussions, etc. This is not a censorship.
    Suzieeeee stop ruining the fun in every thread, seriously ....
    Gdemami said:
    Xarko said:
    Same thing... Still, no one is forcing them, there is no authority imposing repercussions, etc. This is not a censorship.
    Are you going to post the wikipedia definition of censorship next? Feel free
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    "We’re not going to remove something solely because someone may take issue with it. Our goal isn’t to water down or homogenize the world, or the diverse cast of heroes we’ve built within it."

Hahaha.
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    SBFord said:
    Kaplan has clarified the change:

We wouldn’t do anything to sacrifice our creative vision for Overwatch, and we’re not going to remove something solely because someone may take issue with it. Our goal isn’t to water down or homogenize the world, or the diverse cast of heroes we’ve built within it. We have poured so much of our heart and souls into this game that it would be a travesty for us to do so.

We understand that not everyone will agree with our decision, and that’s okay. That’s what these kinds of public tests are for. This wasn’t pandering or caving, though. This was the right call from our perspective, and we think the game will be just as fun the next time you play it.

If it isn’t, feel free to continue sharing your concerns, thoughts, and feedback about this and other issues you may have with the game, please just keep the discussion respectful.

Well, I'm done with Blizzard. This is pandering to SJW and going against artistic freedom. The moment developers start bending over backwards like this and are willing to destroy their own creative vision, is the moment I'm done with them. I don't need games shaped by feminist agendas.
    edited March 2016
    Xarko said:
    What for? I am not here to fix anyone's lack of elementary education...
    Gdemami said:
    Xarko said:
    What for? I am not here to fix a lack of elementary education...
    You dont seem to understand nobody here is saying somebody forced them to do anything. The title is "Blizzard censoring themselfs" which is true.
    edited March 2016
    What is more ridiculous  I wasn't even going to play Overwatch if you guys remember we were expecting Project Titan and as we where imagining NEW EPIC MMO from creators of Totally Dominating WOW .

And we got this crappy FPS what ever .... and no pixel butt crack cleavage will change my mind .
    Just one more time feminists proved how stupid they are ...

(What about Legion well probably I won't buy it ...supporting company that turned its back to me after all these years of support pff good luck with your new audience than )

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    edited March 2016
    Kiyoris said:

She should stop worrying about how a character in a game appears and start hitting the gym. I don't understand how people can complain about being teased about their appearance and not care enough to do anything about it. Maybe less gaming and more exercise would benefit Immamookin. Put the burger down pick up some fruit and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

She would probably care a whole lot less about having a sexy character if she wasn't so insecure about herself. Seriously, complaining about not being sexy in a game because your nasty in real life is pretty pathetic. 

Yes, I know I come off as an asshole but someone has to tell the truth.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    LOL he said it reduces her to a bland sex symbol.  This person equates sex to the word bland.  Eunich's opinions on sex shouldn't really matter.  You aren't suppose to have sex or be sexy because I want you to be otherwise.  That sounds like sexism to me.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Gdemami said:
    Xarko said:
    No, it is not.

Except for a vast majority of their audience, they aren't pleased with what they are doing so that mention of a change is NOT pleasing their audience. 

None the less... Self-Censorship IS Censorship. How about we use an example I'm sure you would more likely be outraged by. If you posted something about Gay rights you would be ostracized by the vocal minority and slandered, your job at risk for people trying to get you fired all because you support such a thing.  Is it right the person doesn't say something because of the backlash so they keep quiet because a few vocal people will try and slander them? 
    Kiyoris said:

Not a shocker most of women I know don't like feminists and LGBT trash these 2 minorities proven them self to be very dump and with 0 social morals . Especially when Feminist march under LGBT flag LOL.
    That why Blizzard should be straight  blunt with these fuckers . And not give a single gaze in their side .

Yes this 10% 15% fat bodies are hard and  close to unachievable for most women  but   20% fat is  damn hot .....things get ugly when women gives 0 shit about her looks just like feminists and it has nothing to do with marketing or these fake pixel butt and boobs
    Recently a model with 35 % Body fat percentage posted her photos in bikini damn shes super gorgeous ..and those round shape are so nice and jiggly ........but it  looks good because shes exercising.

Low Body fat percentage  is hard to achieve for both genders especially after 25  with work and family but there is golden middle that is quite achievable when you do nothing and you reach 40 45 % body fat it becomes scary .

That why Stupid feminist should be ignored they are RETARDED !

I'd say these fake marketing models actually are forcing us to work out and achieve the body and shape we desire .
    hey be honest with you you want to be 100+Kg with pice of shit ? and sleep with an over wight  pice of shit ..
    or you want to kiss and hung a strong healthy body ?

Hey let's censor blizzard for promoting work out and healthy body shapes !!! Make sens ? NO

Blizzard just ignore dumb feminists

edited March 2016
    Purutzil said:
    Except for a vast majority of their audience, they aren't pleased with what they are doing so that mention of a change is NOT pleasing their audience. 

None the less... Self-Censorship IS Censorship. How about we use an example I'm sure you would more likely be outraged by. If you posted something about Gay rights you would be ostracized by the vocal minority and slandered, your job at risk for people trying to get you fired all because you support such a thing.  Is it right the person doesn't say something because of the backlash so they keep quiet because a few vocal people will try and slander them?
    Do you know what gets you also fired? Walk to your boss office and tell him he is incompetent idiot who does not know how to do his job.

Much self-censorship?

For every action, there is a reaction.

If you consider every withdrawn action due possible negative reaction self-censorship, it makes the term meaningless since it is fundamental part of social behavior.
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    After reading the article, it seems someone may have gotten to involved with their pixels and started taking things a bit to seriously...
  • IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    LOL oh America, you sure do know whats important and how to fight it. Take out the Machine!!!!

Idiots

This discussion has been closed.