Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard censoring themselves

jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
Source : http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/28/11321138/overwatch-tracer-pose-removal

Another attack on game artists and their artistic integrity from feminist and PC crowd. Great going blizzard, you just made way for other developer group to succumb to these assholes

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Best quote is "we want girls to feel kick butt", humorous on several levels really.

Hey Jeff, its men and women, not boys and girls.

But then again, perhaps that is the target audience age group, never can tell with Blizz these days.

Seems silly to me to make changes to the game based on one "butt hurt" critic,  :p or to assume that person's opinion is at all representative of a significant portion of the community.

We do seem to live in an overly sensitive world where some people frequently talk out of both sides of their mouths.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    edited March 2016
    bow down to your new overlords! if looking behind your shoulder is overly sexualized that guy have not been around the internet for long. imagine if he'd stumble upon blade & soul :P 

lol just found out both male and female characters can have that pose.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    LMAO
    That character is a woman?

Women have butts.. Omg I never knew...
    Harbinger of Fools
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Capitalistic society... 

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    I don't agree with this. For example, succubi are the most sexualised fantasy characters. They are not 'weak females' - they're predators. 

Without sex drive, none of us would be alive today. 

I don't want women to be burka clad.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited March 2016
    Sorry, I can't hear the feminist bullshit over my awesome games.

Post edited by Kiyoris on
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    There was a time, in the 80s and before, when people couldn't care less. And suddenly, seeing a boob or a butt became outrageous.
    Yeah.. I actually linked this article on my classic Ragnarok Online server for amusement.
    RO is over 10 years old now and back then we were making jokes that obviously Mana was being stored in boobs because it was the only logical explanation why female mages were running around with bra sizes like that.

Now this Tracer girl... I did see her picture on the battlenet client but I thought it was a young boy.
    I don't even recognize a character as female and still the feminists find something to complain about...
    Harbinger of Fools
    edited March 2016
    Jean-Luc_Picard said:
    There was a time, in the 80s and before, when people couldn't care less. And suddenly, seeing a boob or a butt became outrageous.
    yep

these were the covers of Sega games and NO ONE said anything about it, everyone loved these games

apparently in 2016, liking sexual bodies is frowned upon

oppress those hormones, BREASTS ARE EVIL

idiot SJW

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    That's pretty weird, the shot in question doesn't look "overly sexualized" at all. I can only even tell its a female character because of the shape of the hips and butt. 

Pretty amazing that they would change something like that due to one person's forum post.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Frazetta style. So 1965.

You can't live in the last century forever.
    edited March 2016
    YashaX said:
    That's pretty weird, the shot in question doesn't look "overly sexualized" at all. I can only even tell its a female character because of the shape of the hips and butt. 

Pretty amazing that they would change something like that due to one person's forum post.
    Soon characters will be covered from top to toe.

Because we all know a culture telling women what they can and can't wear, ends well.

The new Blizzard models:

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    -1 for Blizzard
  • RenigageRenigage Member UncommonPosts: 3
    -100 for Blizzard, pandering to SWJ's....and Feminists. I thought Blizzard was better than this. Well, I guess its time to boycott their games. Just for fact, women also think other women should be attractive. My GF, loves Tracers current design. She said, what are they going to do make her fat, and put a man dress on her? I think that humans should be humans, stop trying to police art and media. Don't buy the damn game, if you are offended by it.
    edited March 2016
    Renigage said:
     My GF, loves Tracers current design. She said, what are they going to do make her fat, and put a man dress on her?
    My sis loves sexy designs in games too.

You have to wonder, has feminism anything to do with equality, or is it comprised of single women in their 30s, 40s and 50s, who are overweight, angry at life, single and are extremely jealous of the idea that men enjoy to look at women, including characters, sexier than them.

I'm going to guess it's the latter. Because feminists are always angry about reveiling clothing, they champion clinical obesity calling it "curvy", they are against anything that makes young women look sexy.

And the real problems women have, not in the Western world, but in the middle east, are never addressed by feminists.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Kiyoris said:
    YashaX said:

Soon characters will be covered from top to toe.

Because we all know a culture telling women what they can and can't wear, ends well.

The new Blizzard models:

I find her eyes too sexy; needs sunglasses.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    edited March 2016
    I HATE MUERICA !!!!!!!!!!! as Boycott I will stop playing any game from Blizzard also I wont buy Legion ...they already censored Silvana's belly so screw this .....

I also ask all guys who support me on this... they are going after willing of few % of player base maybe even lower than hell with it ....will see how long Blizzard will flow with 1% that complain.

Common Dudes Video Game are mainly and mostly 90% played by men it's men product ...
    this is ridiculous ...

I request to ban and remove all  DILDOS from sex shop  as it insult my sexuality and my manliness real penis is better than dildos !!! " Real penis better than dildos " Real penis better than dildos "  Go go man movement !! For Equal right "  No fake Dildos !!!! for feminists no fake dildos for feminists !!
    Fair ? ^^

Just to explain no I don't care much about a pixel butt but it's man product and when feminists moment request some changes about our mostly product I feel my self limited in my right .
    Let's than ban all dildos that these sick feminists are using. Men genitals is not a toy Man genitals is not a toy . Plastic Dildos don't meet real standard  dildos don't meat real standers.

Yes I am joking but because this shit is ridiculous and if Blizzards bent over feminists I simply won't buy their products done!
  • RenigageRenigage Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited March 2016
    Kiyoris said:
    Renigage said:
     My GF, loves Tracers current design. She said, what are they going to do make her fat, and put a man dress on her?
    My sis loves sexy designs in games too.

You have to wonder, has feminism anything to do with equality, or is it comprised of single women in their 30s, 40s and 50s, who are overweight, angry at life, single and are extremely jealous of the idea that men enjoy to look at women, including characters, sexier than them.

I'm going to guess it's the latter. Because feminists are always angry about reveiling clothing, they champion clinical obesity called it "curvy", they are against anything that makes young women look sexy.

And the real problems women have, not in the Western world, but in the middle east are never addressed.
    This^. I think that men with 8 pack abs and 10 pack abs and look like Nathan Drake, is unrealistic. I love those damn games though! I don't get up in arms because some dude has his shirt off and is bigger than I. I'm like damn, maybe I should hit the gym. Wait, its because I was born in a generation, where I don't need a safe space. Where I don't get offended by a post,tweet,or youtube video. It is time to fix this entitled generation! LET ART BE FREE! LEAVE THE DEVS ALONE!
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Not this again....this is not a censorship.
    Damn straight lol. Lets boycott! I mean its not as if I was planning to buy either Overwatch or Legion, but that doesnt stop feminazi from complaning, so why should it stop me!

Man, Im just tired...so .......tired ............

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Argument is that, dressing up like that and standing with that pose is not strength. Let me tell you : THAT IS STRENGTH.

Last year in dhaka, captial of my country some people organized comic con, within an hour of the event 20-30 mollah with hijab and nakab gathered outside event venue and threatened to attack if "the girls inside who succumbed to devil are not turned back to god with hijab and nakab", organizers had to call police and drive them back once they started thrashing event posters and started forcing their way in. Organizers later that day said they won't ever organize another event in bangladesh.

Now you tell me, a young girl dressing up in racy outfit and standing in the middle of so many men with that pose, is it sign of weakness or strength? 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited March 2016
    Gdemami said:
    Of course not!! It is just localization!! An american company is localizing their game for american audience!!! Nothing wrong here, we should all be on our way as if everything is rainbows and sunshine!! /sarcasm off

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited March 2016
    Of course not!! It is just localization!! An american company is localizing their game for american audience!!! Nothing wrong here, we should all be on our way as if everything is rainbows and sunshine!! /sarcasm off
    Indeed. Pity you do not understand that...
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    edited March 2016
    Argument is that, dressing up like that and standing with that pose is not strength. Let me tell you : THAT IS STRENGTH.

Last year in dhaka, captial of my country some people organized comic con, within an hour of the event 20-30 mollah with hijab and nakab gathered outside event venue and threatened to attack if "the girls inside who succumbed to devil are not turned back to god with hijab and nakab", organizers had to call police and drive them back once they started thrashing event posters and started forcing their way in. Organizers later that day said they won't ever organize another event in bangladesh.

Now you tell me, a young girl dressing up in racy outfit and standing in the middle of so many men with that pose, is it sign of weakness or strength? 
    I have a felling that Europe and  Western Civilization in general will turn into a retarded Bangladesh )))very soon no offense pal just these retarded religions social problems are melting my brain ...
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Thanks Blizzard, for giving in to these idiotic opinions. This is exactly how Free Speech and Creativity will die. 
    Gdemami said:
    This one actually kinda is. The censored part doesnt really matter though, at least not to me. Im just kinda dissapointed Blizzard is willing to give up their vision so easily.
This discussion has been closed.