Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Images - Women wear real armor in COE!

MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
Soulbound has dropped some new images onto their social media feeds

And if you don't want to click either of the above...

---

!!!Discuss!!!
Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Well if they are going into combat...that makes sense.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    whilan said:
    Indeed.

No Chain Bikini's of crazy defense ability.
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • shellusshellus Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Nice,  now that is a lady ready for battle!
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I wouldn't say "real" but the armor do look far more practical then it does in most MMOs.

The scale mail skirt in the last picture looks a bit too much if you aiming for real though, the few historical women who actually wore armor (like Jean D'arc) did basically wear the same armor as men did for a reason... If this would be better the men would have worse it as well (and called it "kilt").

Then again, 100% realism is not really something MMOs should aim for, it is enough if female gamers can choose a few practical armors, if the rest is a bit more fantasy or even the usual silly stuff that is fine as lontg as there is a choice.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    They need more flashy design. They look bland. And yes they can totally go for flashy without showing cleavage or bare thighs or abdomen.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    edited March 2016
    I'm a woman and I don't mind the scantily clad outfits. I don't know what all the fuss is about. The characters on the images above make those character look totally uninteresting to me. They are boring, that's what they are.

The politically correct feminist movement these days .... 
  • RedAlert539RedAlert539 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    edited March 2016
    Leon1e said:
    I'm a woman and I don't mind the scantily clad outfits. I don't know what all the fuss is about. The characters on the images above make those character look totally uninteresting to me. They are boring, that's what they are.

It's not about being politically correct. It's about oversexualizing things just for the sake of it. I'm a man and i love seing women donning sexy outfits and being well......sexy, as most men do. But in cases where it fits with the context. Playing a female warrior/knight/palladin carrying a huge ass weapon and tanking a 15 foot monster face to face is not one of them. Nobody said that fantasy mmos should be all about realism but imo they shouldn't also be about being over the top UNrealistic. There's a balance point in there that when it's found could make for great results. Keep in mind that(at least imo) a woman doesn't have to wear scantily clad outfits in order to look sexy. 
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    DMKano said:

So realism is sacrificed for gameplay - and with that all the "over the top stuff" goes out of the window too - so bottom line to me - even going down the path of trying to find something that's realistic is pretty silly to begin with.

It's much better to accept that over the top is the baseline and just let it go.
    TLDR: Bring back the chainmail bikini's ! :D 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Leon1e said:
    I'm a woman and I don't mind the scantily clad outfits. I don't know what all the fuss is about. The characters on the images above make those character look totally uninteresting to me. They are boring, that's what they are.

I don't really look at it as having much to do with feminism, or even moving away from revealing clothing for any other purpose than it looks cool. I think the above outfits look way cooler than what you typically see on female avatars in games. I really don't care about the practicality of it either. I just don't think what typically passes for female armor in games has any "cool" factor at all. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RedAlert539RedAlert539 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    edited March 2016
    DMKano said:
    Leon1e said:
    I'm a woman and I don't mind the scantily clad outfits. I don't know what all the fuss is about. The characters on the images above make those character look totally uninteresting to me. They are boring, that's what they are.

It's not about being politically correct. It's about oversexualizing things just for the sake of it. I'm a man and i love seing women donning sexy outfits and being well......sexy, as most men do. But in cases where it fits with the context. Playing a female warrior/knight/palladin carrying a huge ass weapon and tanking a 15 foot monster face to face is not one of them. Nobody said that fantasy mmos should be all about realism but imo they shouldn't also be about being over the top UNrealistic. There's a balance point in there that when it's found could make for great results. Keep in mind that(at least imo) a woman doesn't have to wear scantily clad outfits in order to look sexy. 

But over the top unrealistic is very subjective - being able to run in plate armor - is way over the top unrealistic to me. Let alone watching charaters SWIM in full plate, heh.

That's just it - when it comes down to it - fantasy video games are over the top unrealistic from the start - nobody could swing those heavy weapons for more than 15 minutes without being absolutey exhausted afterwards.

So realism is sacrificed for gameplay - and with that all the "over the top stuff" goes out of the window too - so bottom line to me - even going down the path of trying to find something that's realistic is pretty silly to begin with.

It's much better to accept that over the top is the baseline and just let it go.
    That's why i talked about "balance". You don't have to go fo either of the extremes. For example, these outfits shown here look nice, simple and practical without being 3 tons of metal but also not being something that came out from a 14 yo's wet dreams. 
    As for the unrealistic being the norm, i know that's the case and i've accepted it. And for those who like it as such well more power to them. I'm just saying that there COULD be a few exceptions for those of us who have a different kind of taste.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    DMKano said:
    So a fantasy game that has magic and fantasy races - must have "real" armor?

Heh ok.

I'd rather take a bit of a flare over some sort of "logical fit" in a video game that's meant to be fun, but that's just my 2c

It doesn't have to be slutty, it can be armor with full coverage but doesn't have to look like it was made out of a metal trash can

I thought magic was not usable by players in CoE, no?
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Galadourn said:
    DMKano said:
    So a fantasy game that has magic and fantasy races - must have "real" armor?

Heh ok.

I'd rather take a bit of a flare over some sort of "logical fit" in a video game that's meant to be fun, but that's just my 2c

It doesn't have to be slutty, it can be armor with full coverage but doesn't have to look like it was made out of a metal trash can

I thought magic was not usable by players in CoE, no?
    It "can" be if you get a special talent for it, but that depends on some luck/closeness to the story, and then you need to get the magic trait. Magic as it's know is very hard to get and is somewhat hard to use (I think you need regents and time to actually cast the spell, like ritual time, makes it sound like it takes minutes to cast a fireball).

CoE is going for a low fantasy route.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• CeryshenCeryshen Member UncommonPosts: 73
    DMKano said:

TLDR: Bring back the chainmail bikini's ! :D 

I agree and we NEED more chainmail bikinis:

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Leon1e said:

Magic is not real but it is essential in fantasy, and then there are orcs; elves; faeries; so why do you play fantasy game when it is based around over the top unrealistic stuff?

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    That armor doesnt look real at all. Im pretty sure its a computor image.
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Maygus said:
    whilan said:
    Indeed.

No Chain Bikini's of crazy defense ability.
    No chain bikinis? Im out. lol.

Just kidding, looks pretty good. :D
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited March 2016
    Well, it looks boring and ugly.

That character model they made is terrible, even for a beginner 3D designer.

Why not use a free model then instead:

• IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Here we go again, random men and bad example for feminists going on qqing about half naked gear for women in fantasy games and praising ugly ass armors that cover everything because they are realistic. I prefer my characters to looks amazing showing off muscles and skin if needed than being covered in buckets. If they gonna be covered that armor must be badass with curves and horn helms and signs on the items and nice colours.  

QQ nekkid women in games sexualization, how about QQ male musculinity, no short fat guys in games QQ.
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    I like, they are cool.

edited March 2016
    Leon1e said:
    I'm a woman and I don't mind the scantily clad outfits. I don't know what all the fuss is about.
    All my sis does in most MMO is change clothese and play with clothes. The idea that women should only be wearing armor from top to bottom, covering everything, is ridiculous, dressing up a character is what many women do in MMO.

She has only a tiny slit to look through:

Are these the casters in the game?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Iwaylo said:
    Here we go again, random men and bad example for feminists going on qqing about half naked gear for women in fantasy games and praising ugly ass armors that cover everything because they are realistic. I prefer my characters to looks amazing showing off muscles and skin if needed than being covered in buckets. If they gonna be covered that armor must be badass with curves and horn helms and signs on the items and nice colours.  

QQ nekkid women in games sexualization, how about QQ male musculinity, no short fat guys in games QQ.
    Good for you, you like exaggerated armor extensions like spikes and horns, I personally dislike the way those things look. As well as highly revealing armor, just don't like it, don't care about feminism on such matters or realism though. I just like things to have an actual medieval feel to them (regardless of practicality or realism). I can handle less armor when we're talking ancient settings like Greek or Roman mythology. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    edited March 2016
    Kiyoris said:
    Leon1e said:
    I'm a woman and I don't mind the scantily clad outfits. I don't know what all the fuss is about.
    All my sis does in most MMO is change clothese and play with clothes. The idea that women should only be wearing armor from top to bottom, covering everything, is ridiculous, dressing up a character is what many women do in MMO.
    Right, that's why Guild Wars 2 is my favorite MMO. I have 10-11 toons, all female and I've dressed them all differently :D Some are sexy some arent, depends on the roleplaying mood i am in. Yes some of my alts double their professions. But I'm an altoholic anyway :) My ranger for example wears a bathsuit, or close to it and its really sexy. My guardian however wears a heavy plate and a massive greatsword. My warrior however is a bit more amazonian and has more revealing armor. My thief is the classic human female meta with underboob armor. I think it looks cute. 

I don't see why things have to be mutually exclusive. Why can't we have both, sexy armors and metal armors from an old trashcan as others have stated. 
    edited March 2016
    Leon1e said:

I don't see why things have to be mutually exclusive. Why can't we have both, sexy armors and metal armors from an old trashcan as others have stated. 
    This is why I love EQ, it has both.

It always amazes me that SJW, think they need to decide, what women should wear in games instead of letting players decide themselves.

The fact these SJW are actually present in gaming companies, is really bad. I immediately write off a game that has SJW developers.

When artists can no longer create what they wnat, and are forced to follow some SJW agenda, I no longer have any interest in the game.

EQ has both, and it is great:

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    DMKano said:
    Hype meter will start to drop off as more character graphics are released - this game has beautiful environments, but Vanguard level character graphics it seems.
    Kinda why it makes smirk on my face when I read all those "indie is answer to MMORPG".  I suspect that most players will get dissapointed when all those kickstarter MMORPGs gonna get released.   Doubt it will be much fun to play 2007 technical level MMORPG in 2020 for most players.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Prepare for a barrage of faux indignation.