Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Warcraft Trailer Released

2»

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited March 2016

Rakuji said:

you people will hate on anything wont you? the movie looks awesome even if the mmorpg sucks the rts was epic and will always be epic. So go on haters spread your anger across the internet cause daddy didn't love you enough.

You people will like everything won't you? the movie looks dire even if the mmorpg is OK.

See what I did there? A sweeping generalisation.

And - whilst in no way do I want to upset your bubble - for me there are better looking films that will be far higher on my watch list. You can check out the trailers and can disagree - and that is fine - but to me:

Alice Through the looking Glass looks every bit as good and possibly better than Wonderland. X-Men Apocalypse more of "the same" maybe but very slick. As does Now You See Me 2. Ninja Turtles launches just before Warcraft as well - and it too looks fun - but it doesn't make my cut - but it will make many other peoples.

And so the Warcraft release weekend passes and in very short order - again this is just my opinion - Finding Dorey, Independence Day, The Legend of Tarzan, The BFG, Ice Age, Star Trek and Jason Bourne all look very good and better than Warcraft. There are others as well e.g Ghostbusters! Far and away to many to see at the cinema realistically - they all come out in a 6 week period post Warcraft. So no way will I be making time for Warcraft, a film that looks ordinary at best; a see on TV movie if at all most likely.

But as I say its personal. To assume that everyone is unloading hate though - no way. Stacked up against the raft of very high profile films that release in the weeks before and after Warcraft simply doesn't look that good. It should have been released early March - but clearly Blizzard didn't want that. So it - and other films as well - are going to struggle imo. This is a summer of sequels to some of the biggest films ever released.
  • SlorgSlorg Member UncommonPosts: 37
    How in the world does that CGI look terrible to you guys? Is it the cool thing to do nowadays to hate on everything blizzard churns out? The first few trailers did seem to have lighting issues but this one looked fantastic in my eyes.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I can't wait to see it. I think the characters and the CGI looks just fine. Blizzard has said that they will not let anything be released that isn't up to their standards. Their game trailers are epic and I don't see this multi million dollar film to be any less in quality.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

So, this is what you people are calling "cheap looking" CGI?

Expected nothing less from MMORPG.com

If that was from any other movie the same people would hail it as the best looking CGI ever but since it's Warcraft, it's cheap and terrible.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Imo the characters should be wearing BC level gear instead.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    idk. I think it looks like it'd be fun to go see.
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Xiaoki said:

So, this is what you people are calling "cheap looking" CGI?

Expected nothing less from MMORPG.com

If that was from any other movie the same people would hail it as the best looking CGI ever but since it's Warcraft, it's cheap and terrible.
    Exactly! As i always say "People love to hate on success". Not only WILL this movie bring in people, it's going to further cement WOW's place as top dog mmorpg. You haters can hate all you want but don't come for the king!

Witty & Wicked >:)

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Thorkune said:
    I can't wait to see it. I think the characters and the CGI looks just fine. Blizzard has said that they will not let anything be released that isn't up to their standards. Their game trailers are epic and I don't see this multi million dollar film to be any less in quality.
    Preach.  B)

Witty & Wicked >:)

• reamdereamde Member UncommonPosts: 2
    IDK, As good as their cinematics have been in the past on the games, this trailer was kinda of weak. Was hoping for something better from them.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    gervaise1 said:

Rakuji said:

you people will hate on anything wont you? the movie looks awesome even if the mmorpg sucks the rts was epic and will always be epic. So go on haters spread your anger across the internet cause daddy didn't love you enough.

You people will like everything won't you? the movie looks dire even if the mmorpg is OK.

And - whilst in no way do I want to upset your bubble - for me there are better looking films that will be far higher on my watch list. You can check out the trailers and can disagree - and that is fine - but to me:

again this is just my opinion - Finding Dorey, The BFG, Ice Age all look very good and better than Warcraft. 
    I quit reading after this...

My eye roll almost resulted in permanent blindness after this.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited March 2016
    Thorkune said:
    gervaise1 said:

Rakuji said:

again this is just my opinion - Finding Dorey, The BFG, Ice Age all look very good and better than Warcraft. 
    I quit reading after this...

My eye roll almost resulted in permanent blindness after this.
    The truth hurts I know. 

But if you want to believe that the likes of Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks, Speilberg etc. haven't got a clue when it comes to making films carry on.

As the Queen of Hearts says (in the first Looking Glass trailer): Ha ha ha ha! 
  • ryanmahafferyanmahaffe Member UncommonPosts: 83

Siphaed said:

They tacked on "The Beginning" just because they're going to franchise the hell out of it with a 2nd and 3rd series. Even if it is bad -and I'm hoping super not- the movie will sell well to nostalgic fans and fantasy fans alike. It will still have huge opening box office weekend numbers.

Yeaaaahhhh...no, different titles for different areas of the world
    Murica is just Warcraft, a lot of Europe is Warcraft the beginning

In Brazil it's Warcraft: the first encounter of two worlds
  • ryanmahafferyanmahaffe Member UncommonPosts: 83

Slorg said:

How in the world does that CGI look terrible to you guys? Is it the cool thing to do nowadays to hate on everything blizzard churns out? The first few trailers did seem to have lighting issues but this one looked fantastic in my eyes.

Yes, it is the cool thing to just hate on blizzard

But it's even cooler to hate on basically any and all CGI

So, mix the two, and you become the coolest kid on the block
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Looks good, a bit cheesy, but that's ok.. it's warcraft after all.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited March 2016

Nitth said:

All i see is Ragnar Lothbrok :/

as you should!- this movie will tank. they should had done a full on CGI movie. like their trailers for their games= that woudl of been Epic!
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    The CGI looks great, comments otherwise are clearly not opinion based on fact. But are attacks for the purpose of trolling.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    lol still looks bad, but I'll be there with a nice big cheesy smile on my face watching complete nonsense because having fun > whining like a loser.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I think it will be a flop, but WoW fans will see it for Lore playing out (or hopefully cool battle scenes). I just think the CGI will disappoint.
  • FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282
    I guess it's sort of mmo related news, but i still find it abit odd to see movie news on an mmo site.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I plan to watch it. At home. Where no one will see me watching it.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• JohnxboyJohnxboy Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Amathe said:
    I plan to watch it. At home. Where no one will see me watching it.
    I will still see you. :)