Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO threads ad nauseam

2»

Comments

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Scambug said:
    Oh the irony, another BDO thread!
    Hopefully one of the last. I think we've got enough threads to cover every last detail of the game by now.

Yes it does try new things and yes the industry is a little dry but you have to wonder why a game like The Division, for example,  isn't getting near as much attention or coverage when it's just as new and 10 times more successful. Agenda much?
    It may not be much, but The Division coverage does exist.  This week alone there has been :-1: 
    1. Beautiful Disaster
    2. The Division is Already Better Than Destiny
    3. Week 2 Playthrough - RipperX
    4. Forums
    Some may feel it's not enough.  I suspect the real problem is user preference.  Gamers prefer a Fantasy setting as seen in BDO.  It's too bad you couldn't filter the home page for all the latest content, Not(BDO).

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    edited March 2016
    Soki123 said:
    Maybe you're just missing something about the game?  Maybe the game is just that damn good?

If it was, should t they all be playing and not making threads here?
    So what you are claiming right now, is that your life is actually so sad, you have nothing more fun to do then post on a forum? 

Or does this mean that you, like anyone else, is not just focused on one thing and does actually do more then one thing in a day?
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    If you think the BDO "thread-spam" is bad now, you weren't here during the runup to the GW2 launch, lol

EVERY thread was about GW2, and every second comment included the phrase: "I'm just waiting for GW2...".

Even threads that weren't about GW2 became about GW2 after one or two pages...
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    This is common for just about every new quality MMO thats come out since this site has been a thing. People talk the good and bad of all new MMOs. People people that play the more threads you will see. This is as standard as it gets. 
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Maybe there's far more threads and talk on MMORPG.com for BDO than the Divisiion because it's a far better , actual mmo , than the Divsion ?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    BDO is still new and it's trying new things.  It's bound to be controversial.
    Also, it is beyond the comprehension of some how to play and enjoy a title as this so they angrily slash at that which they don't understand.

Saw the same thing when AA launched with many people slamming it who didnt get a chance to play it in alpha before Trion whoopsed it all up at launch.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Tabloid42Tabloid42 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited March 2016
    edit: derp

Scambug said:

There's 10s of other games out there that are far more deserving of our attentions than this mediocre MMO with awesome character models that everyone will have quit and forgotten about 6 months from now.

I wanna know what these 10's of other games more deserving are!!!!
  • SoraStarSoraStar Member CommonPosts: 3
    BSO is a breath of fresh air for me, even if I dont understand it very well yet. :)
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    OP is free to create a thread about linear quest hub themeparks.  They are so tired and old though, no one will respond.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The jelousy is just sad. Same posters keep coming here.  :p
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Recore said:
    The jelousy is just sad. Same posters keep coming here.  :p
    Pathetic also. I don't think they have their own happy game forum to be in or if they do, no one is posting there.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2016
    Scambug said:
    Oh the irony, another BDO thread!
    Hopefully one of the last. I think we've got enough threads to cover every last detail of the game by now.

Yes it does try new things and yes the industry is a little dry but you have to wonder why a game like The Division, for example,  isn't getting near as much attention or coverage when it's just as new and 10 times more successful. Agenda much?
    Note the name of the site, MMORPG.COM, and not Shooters World.com

I'm sure somewhere there is a forum to talk about your favorite games; this isn't it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    most of the posts I see are hate threads, posts about people disliking the cash shop, the end game, etc. Picard comes in and defends the game because he likes it, other people defend it because they enjoy the game, they get called white knights, etc. thats how I see threads going for BDO's forum. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

pantheron said:
    most of the posts I see are hate threads, posts about people disliking the cash shop, the end game, etc. Picard comes in and defends the game because he likes it, other people defend it because they enjoy the game, they get called white knights, etc. thats how I see threads going for BDO's forum. 
    So,..business as usual in the MMO land.  

:)

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    pantheron said:
    You've basically summarized the entire history of this website. 
  • pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    pantheron said:
    You've basically summarized the entire history of this website. 
    I may not have posted  much, but I have been here 8 years, I know my history : P

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    BDO deserves the attention it's getting.  It's the first MMO that has given me that addicted, must-play feeling that I experienced in DAoC and EVE. All of our guild mates are enjoying the hell out of it and we forsee calling this home for some time to come.  

Only a finished, polished Camelot Unchained or Crowfall could pull us away if they're good, but it will be 2017 at minimum for that.
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
This discussion has been closed.