Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR The Magic is gone :(

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
EDIT: i was fair and gave this game a chance, played it 6 weeks and canceled and left today after finishing KnotfE which was nice but over suddenly.  to quick in my opnion...

But my opinion about the company is still the same now even ore after playing the game from 1 to 65 + all expansions

I think its safe to say that the responsible persons for all the chaotic game design decisions should change their jobs and stay away from online games.  

Its a pain to see what the people in charge did to this once nice game... it turned into Software without any Magic

THE MAGIC OF SWTOR HAS BEEN DESTROYED...... and i am sad to see it... never mind how many expansions they add.. its ruined
Post edited by Goromhir on

Comments

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    they've always been terrible at balancing.. you just have to enjoy it for what it is.
    as for companions i like that they can fill all roles now. better than having lots of interesting ones stuck with useless roles.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    The companion thing reminds me of when they changed pets for hunters in WoW.  I had gotten most of the unique pets . . one which took taming it in the other factions lands on a PvP server.  The other I had to enter a dungeon on the PvP server to get a unique look to a boar.

In the end they made them all the same.  The differences before were not game breaking and I did it just to do it.  I pretty much stopped with the hunter after they took that away.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    I didn't like the new companion system either. I used to invest time and effort in order to gear my companions as good as possible.

However, the majority of the players is ok with the changes plus KotFE so far is a very well done expansion.
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    This is one of those games where if you really want to make some kind of difference, the best thing you can do is never go to their site, never play the game, and just hope/pray the game goes under.  I've got several other games I can think of just like that (I'm looking at you STO) where all I can do is hope the game goes under so that perhaps it'll be resurrected some time in the future as a better game.  It's a shame really and is kinda sad.  To your points OP, I agree, he magic HAS died with that game.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    This is one of those games where if you really want to make some kind of difference, the best thing you can do is never go to their site, never play the game, and just hope/pray the game goes under.  I've got several other games I can think of just like that (I'm looking at you STO) where all I can do is hope the game goes under so that perhaps it'll be resurrected some time in the future as a better game.  It's a shame really and is kinda sad.  To your points OP, I agree, he magic HAS died with that game.
    So, because you don't like a game you hope / want it to crash and burn ?

Wow.. just, wow.

In case of SWTOR you'll be disappointed though. KotFE is very good and the game is thriving.

So, don't hold your breath.
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    I just dont understand what the Game Designers thought when they started to Nerf Nerf Nerf a few month after the game was released.

I had so much fun playing my Mercenary and my Sorceror in late 2012  and i never felt like beeing OP or out of balance.

All the Buffs , proc´s etc etc were fun and had some noticeable effect on Damage, Healing, Mitigation etc.

The current buffs in this game are like 1% here 2% there and another 3% somewhere else instead of 30%/20/10%

The most buffs are not even noticeable anymore.

About the companions >>>> My InGame Mail was filled with Items i had for my companions but i havent had enough Inventory space for them.

The New companions are just what they are, boring mobile Heal over Time or Damage over Time effects...

I was disciplinated enough to take a new Trooper to Level 42 over the past days. 

I started a few new characters like Jedi Knight, close range is just crap to be honest. TAB targeting usually targets the wrong out of range targets..... Next Target doesnt work well either.

SWTOR should have a modern HUD Target system meanwhile after so many years like other games so that Auto Target Attacks the enemy in the center of your HUD.

A few changes to the Target system like Guild Wars 2 did last years and the whole game would play and feel better.

But i doubt the responsible game designers are the right persons for that.

The SWTOR game designer team seems to be to old. They are all 30-40+ years old. I think they dont have enough creativity and motivation left for some significant changes.

They prefer to release more boring content (expansions) and level increase instead of trying to bring their old game to 2016´s game level.

Its always the same, once companies start and never stop to release pure content Expansions the game mechanics wont change anymore... yea a few numbers changed here and there... but thats usually just out of designers boredom

Lazy Bored Designer  1 > "AH ! look.. we could change this value from 30 to 10 and that from 20 to 3!" 
    Lazy Bored Designer  2 > "yea change that so at least its looks as if we are doing something!!"
    Lazy Bored Desinger  1 > "hmm do you think these values are important ???"
    Lazy Bored Designer  2 > "no idea but they look to big, just change them like we did before.."
    Lazy Bored Designer  1 > "maybe we get shitstorm , these are companions values.."
    Lazy Bored Designer  2 > "who cares, change and put them to the Patchnotes... we will see what happens"
    Lazy Bored Designer  1 > "yea right the customers will tell us what we did..."
    Lazy Bored Designer  2 > "What customers ?? 
    Lazy Bored Designer  1 > "True man......... whats a customer ?"
    Lazy Bored Designer  2 > "Patch and Save !! lets go get some food !
    Lazy Bored Designer  1 > "yea man i am hungry now after all the work we had  !! And tomorrow we change                                                 some other values, its fun doing that !!
    /irony off

just my impression about the SWTOR game design team
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Goromhir said:
    I just dont understand what the Game Designers thought when they started to Nerf Nerf Nerf a few month after the game was released.

I had so much fun playing my Mercenary and my Sorceror in late 2012  and i never felt like beeing OP or out of balance.

All the Buffs , proc´s etc etc were fun and had some noticeable effect on Damage, Healing, Mitigation etc.

The current buffs in this game are like 1% here 2% there and another 3% somewhere else instead of 30%/20/10%

About the companions >>>> My InGame Mail was filled with Items i had for my companions but i havent had enough Inventory space for them.

The New companions are just what they are, boring mobile Heal over Time or Damage over Time effects...

I was disciplinated enough to take a new Trooper to Level 42 over the past days. 

I started a few new characters like Jedi Knight, close range is just crap to be honest. TAB targeting usually targets the wrong out of range targets..... Next Target doesnt work well either.

SWTOR should have a modern HUD Target system meanwhile after so many years like other games so that Auto Target Attacks the enemy in the center of your HUD.

A few changes to the Target system like Guild Wars 2 did last years and the whole game would play and feel better.

The SWTOR game designer team seems to be to old. They are all 30-40+ years old. I think they dont have enough creativity and motivation left for some significant changes.

They prefer to release more boring content (expansions) and level increase instead of trying to bring their old game to 2016´s game level.

Its always the same, once companies start and never stop to release pure content Expansions the game mechanics wont change anymore... yea a few numbers changed here and there... but thats usually just out of designers boredom

Lazy Bored Designer  1 > "AH ! look.. we could change this value from 30 to 10 and that from 20 to 3!" 
    Lazy Bored Designer  2 > "yea change that so at least its looks as if we are doing something!!"
    Lazy Bored Designer  2 > "no idea but they look to big, just change them like we did before.."
    Lazy Bored Designer  1 > "maybe we get shitstorm , these are companions values.."
    Lazy Bored Designer  2 > "who cares, change and put them to the Patchnotes... we will see what happens"
    Lazy Bored Designer  1 > "yea man i am hungry now after all the work we had  !! And tomorrow we change                                                 some other values, its fun doing that !!
    /irony off

so your reason for no nerf is the statistical backing that you did not feel OP?
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Horusra said:
    Goromhir said:

/irony off

so your reason for no nerf is the statistical backing that you did not feel OP?
    you didnt read anything you just commented after reading ONE sentence.

Obviously you could have given your exact same comment on any other forum topic on any forum ..

Just for you Horusra , because you didnt read anything and i have some spare time .

No i dont want to feel OP because in PvE everyone is OP already

1st . I miss the old customization of companions mostly
    1.1  I dislike the fact that every companion is the same boring 5 power pet

2nd. I dislike the extreme balancing of powers which are all the same now REP/IMP
    3rd. I dislike the stone age Auto Targeting system which never works right
    4th. i absolutely dislike the slow and heavy brick weight like gameplay
    5th. I super dislike the Global Cooldown duration even with 25% alacrity

Why do i dislike so many things ?

Because when the game was released day 1 , it was way more fun than its now after they ruined the games Magic.... even if the Launch wasnt that great, the game was much better.

I am sure that the responsible BW chief designers know exactly that they have ruined the game......
  • FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Personly i dont mind the companion change much. I do think it was a mistake to  give all companions to everyone.  The basic class companions is plenty when you consider they now can do all roles,  and then add  new outlander companions that all classes can get. What's the point in having so many companions ?  They've lost their uniqueness so exept for the few lines they speak they basicly are just more of the same  type of companions we allready have.  Exept you dont have any backstory with all thoose companions that isn't your class ones so they realy are just pointless imo. 

Everyone beeing the outlander and everyone having all companions..... I just dont think it was the right move.