Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you are on the fence about BDO

pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608
TheLazyPeon posted his video review a few days ago. I think it gives a fair impression of the game. He talks about the negatives that might be dealbreakers for some people in the beginning of the video. I agree with most of the things he is saying. It's a really nice review.

And if you're looking for other good reviews from people who have spent a considerable amount of time in the game;

It's clear this is a divisive game. And that is a good thing. Games should stop trying to be a WoW replacement and satisfy everyone. We can make MMORPGs that have their own niches and do certain things really well instead of watering down the soup. 

BDO has a lot of problems. A lot of legit problems. For some people those are dealbreakers, for others the positives far outweigh the bad. This game strays from the pack. It's def not made from the same cloth as other MMOs, for better or for worse(eye of the beholder.)

Comments

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    I have watched these videos and many others and the game looks really interesting. It's seems to bring back that world feeling that has been missing for so long in MMO's. With that said I can't seem to pull the trigger for being burned by many mmo's the last 10 years. Money is tight so need to wait for FTP and or get lucky and get a guest pass.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Too bad end game is PvP. I'd still be willing to give it a try, but Tree of Savior will be getting all my attention starting on Tuesday. ARPG combat with ridiculous class options and gorgeous artwork? Yes please! Isometric all the way!

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    DMKano said:

The game is good - but as OP said - has major problems with some items - here's my biggest peeve with it currently:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4a0mbl/elions_tear_and_why_it_will_kill_this_game/

Elion's tear has no reuse timer, you can buy as much of it as your CC allows , it gives immediate rez and it removes death penalty - you can spam this and send any PK into negative karma simply by paying money and avoiding XP loss.

Very broken indeed.

If this is not changed before GvG goes in - expect node wars to devolve into wallet wars.

You know what's op? The V key and groups. Anybody willing to buy this item to spam ad nauseum is probably rather ineffective in PvP, but I guess we'll see.
  • blutm8blutm8 Member UncommonPosts: 86
    edited March 2016
     Money is tight so need to wait for FTP and or get lucky and get a guest pass.

this game is buy to play, 30$ or so and you can play it for free for ever. no subs or other need for RL money to spend (please no "there is p2w" blablabla)

edit: check your PM o/
  • agnt84agnt84 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Been also wondering if the game is worth a shot. There seems to be peoples who hate it and peoples who love it.

Just wish i would not have wasted my money with the division, man that game was a total letdown :(
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    agnt84 said:
    Been also wondering if the game is worth a shot. There seems to be peoples who hate it and peoples who love it.

Just wish i would not have wasted my money with the division, man that game was a total letdown :(
     The game has it's pros and cons, it's not for everyone but I don't think any game is. It's totally worth the money to try it, and it will always be there for you to log in, if they add something that interests you. All future content additions to the game will be free.  The graphics are fantastic, but there are quirks such as pop-in. The economy isn't fully free with choices, or trading, but there is an in game player to player market, and it's specific to the town you're in. It's constantly full of items right now.

The classes are fun, and the combat is good once you get the hang of it. Some drawbacks that have been mentioned are lack of free in game outfits. Which is a bit of an issue, more outfits will be released but they will mostly be cash shop. The only way to really set your self apart without paying is by getting free or discounted dyes during events. My biggest suggestion is to watch some youtube guides before you dive in, or you might feel like your doing things wrong. 

In my opinion cash shop items in a cheap mmo isn't a deal breaker as long as it stays behind a certain line, the only item for me that comes close to the line is the Elions Tear, but Daum has said they will talk to Pearl Abyss and see what can be done to make it less powerful. As long as they listen to the community, which so far they have, as they've said plans are to add crafted flares to counter Ghillie Suits soon after hearing player feedback. If they get the things they promise added, they will continue to have a strong title on their hands.
  • agnt84agnt84 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Realizer said:
    agnt84 said:

The game has it's pros and cons, it's not for everyone but I don't think any game is. It's totally worth the money to try it, and it will always be there for you to log in, if they add something that interests you. All future content additions to the game will be free.  The graphics are fantastic, but there are quirks such as pop-in. The economy isn't fully free with choices, or trading, but there is an in game player to player market, and it's specific to the town you're in. It's constantly full of items right now.

The classes are fun, and the combat is good once you get the hang of it. Some drawbacks that have been mentioned are lack of free in game outfits. Which is a bit of an issue, more outfits will be released but they will mostly be cash shop. The only way to really set your self apart without paying is by getting free or discounted dyes during events. My biggest suggestion is to watch some youtube guides before you dive in, or you might feel like your doing things wrong. 

In my opinion cash shop items in a cheap mmo isn't a deal breaker as long as it stays behind a certain line, the only item for me that comes close to the line is the Elions Tear, but Daum has said they will talk to Pearl Abyss and see what can be done to make it less powerful. As long as they listen to the community, which so far they have, as they've said plans are to add crafted flares to counter Ghillie Suits soon after hearing player feedback. If they get the things they promise added, they will continue to have a strong title on their hands.
    Yea well maby i will give it a shot. Those subskill and tradeskill stuffs just looked like very complicated and hard to understand
  • pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608
    agnt84 said:
    Realizer said:

Yea well maby i will give it a shot. Those subskill and tradeskill stuffs just looked like very complicated and hard to understand
    It actually isn't hard to understand at all, but the games translation is not good and there are UI problems. It feels like the game just throws them at you. It's not like EVE. It's not deep and complex in the way that nobody can follow along. You just need to put a bit more effort into wanting to understand. 

The best thing about it is that you cant really ruin or make great mistake with the trade / life skills. you can always get it back, and your characters share things. If you start doing a bunch of stuff and you dont like your houses, nodes and workers, you can get all your points back with the click of a button. Do something else, save them up.

I think the best way to learn is to play, experiment, watch a youtube video, ask some questions, play some more "ahhhaaa" and then its smooth sailing:))