Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diversity in game environments?

ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
So I've been checking out a lot of BDO streams since it released, and one thing that sticks out is that in every stream I've seen, the character is either in a forest or a cave. I haven't seen any environment type other than those 2. Is there any diversity in the game environments, like tundra, plains, desert, etc?

Comments

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Don't forget ocean and island
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Dont forget that swamp area south of Heidal.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    You also have the biggest city probably in any MMO ever.   
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    You also have the biggest city probably in any MMO ever.   
    Divinity's Reach in GW2 is impressive too, but Calpheon is more realistically built, and you can enter almost every single building too.
    Calpheon's pretty much the only one that trumps DR for me. It's so atmospheric too.
    As an in game friend said yesterday, "The city itself tells a story".

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• kszer0kszer0 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Forgrimm said:
    So I've been checking out a lot of BDO streams since it released, and one thing that sticks out is that in every stream I've seen, the character is either in a forest or a cave. I haven't seen any environment type other than those 2. Is there any diversity in the game environments, like tundra, plains, desert, etc?
    You won't see a huge variation in game environments until the Mediah and Valencia updates.  Everything is forest and grassy fields with a few rocky regions thrown in. It's all very pretty, but it gets pretty repetitive after awhile. Once they catch up to KR the size of the world doubles and we'll get a bit more variation.