Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big 'Leak' Claims Nintendo NX Is More Powerful Than PS4. Another Hoax?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    While Nintendo hasn't made a single product I've been interested in in almost 15 years it's good to see them working on a product like the NX. I certainly won't buy one but competition is only good for the PS4 and Xbone.

• noodles6966noodles6966 Member UncommonPosts: 63
    edited March 2016
    Nintendo has to stop with these gimmick ideas they have,the proof is in the pudding. None of their systems have sold well since the SNES,the Wii only sold well because it was something completely new at the time,but that system died quickly. The key thing they have to do is make a traditional console,with a traditional controller,and the power of the console has to be in line with the ps4 and xbox one, that way they could finally attract third party developers to their console,which they haven't been able to do since the SNES because their consoles are always underpowered. Then they have to create a online platform that rivals Microsoft or Sony so they could attract the Call of Duty and Battlefields of the world. The SNES was the last good system they made. Personally, I think they should do what Sega did,give up on the consoles and just make games. Playing Super Mario or Zelda on a ps4 would be a huge hit. Imagine the games they would sell
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Nintendo has to stop with these gimmick ideas they have,the proof is in the pudding. The key thing theu have to do is make a traditional console,with a traditional controller,and the power of the console has to be in line with the ps4 and xbox one, that way they could finally attract third party developers to their console,which they haven't been able to do since the SNES because their consoles are always underpowered. Then they have to create a online platform that rivals Microsoft or Sony so they could attract the Call of Duty and Battlefields of the world. The SNES was the last good system they made. Personally, I think they should do what Sega did,give up on the consoles and just make games. Playing Super Mario or Zelda on a ps4 would be a huge hit. Imagine the games they would sell
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_fyOkrteqM

Exactly. Everyone went nuts and wanted this and then they decided...nah, let's not do that.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    It's funny how our expectations are different for Nintendo than anyone else.

I mean, here we are, extolling the fact that the NX ~might~ be more powerful than a console released almost 3 years ago. If this were any other console, if it weren't faster by a decent margin than what was currently available, we'd have already written it off as garbage (granted, there are those that do this even though this is Nintendo).

I am in the minority - I love the Wii U, and I like the second screen concept. But yeah, not having the hardware in comparison to the competition has hurt them, a lot.
  • ElandrialElandrial Member UncommonPosts: 179
    the new Nintendo,will have a built in feature that transport you into the game. YOUR first mission will be to find the port,to get you OUT of the game.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Elandrial said:
    the new Nintendo,will have a built in feature that transport you into the game. YOUR first mission will be to find the port,to get you OUT of the game.
    Sword Art Online? Think IBM is doing that one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

They wouldn't have to work very hard to be more powerful than either of the "modern" consoles.

Its absolutely entirely possible and honestly would be a stupidly smart move by Nintendo IMO to actually produce a real gaming console with better graphics than an xbox one or PS4.

The issue though would be the fact that they've ostracized so many developers for so long, and how that would play out in getting developers to make the games for their platform as well.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    edited March 2016
    Nintendo needs to get with the times imo, the average age of gamers in most of the big market nations is 30+ to build a console system focused on cartoony, simplistic, childish games is just bad marketing imo.

Their new system should be more powerful than the PS4, the ps4 is ancient tech by now in terms of modern hardware capabilities, not sure why that is even news honestly. But all in all power doesnt matter when your system is designed to produce simplistic kids games you just dont tap the main market for games...... in fact nintendo has been in fringe land for over a decade and needs to pull its head out of its ass and stop catering to children, its not 1991 anymore.
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    People play on Nintendo simply because of first party games.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    nbtscan said:
    People play on Nintendo simply because of first party games.
    Funny then that their first party games are the exact reason i will never buy one of their consoles again.