Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Space MMO other than EVE

glordglord Member UncommonPosts: 338
I wanna blow up stuff and mine rocks for credits. 

Comments

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    go try black prophecy if its still around.
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Come think of it, there is no other. There's Elite: Dangerous, kinda a pseudo MMO but that pretty much it. Other than that Star Citizen.
  • glordglord Member UncommonPosts: 338
    lol

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    STO is pretty good game
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    You are out of luck and dont place your bets on Star Citizen scratching that itch because we are YEARS away from anything that even resembles 50% of the content Chris has mentioned in his public appearances.

Your best option is Elite Dangerous with its new expansion "Horizons". 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• XyireXyire Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Man I wish they'd make the old freelancer into an mmo, I think it just needed a little work and it would have been an epic one.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Space MMO other than EVE:

Star Trek Online comes to mind. Its free to play, so you might want to take a look.

Stars Wars : Knights of the Old Republic  (very much single player oriented, but you CAN play it as an MMO).
    Also free to play.

Elite:Dangerous  is up and running, its not easy to play it as an MMO but it is possible. More the small group kind of MMO. If you have a VR headset .. a must try.

EVE Valkyrie is due to launch soon, if you want to experience EVE as a fighter pilot in VR.

Vendetta Online is old, but still worth a try.

Several multiplayer space games are in development, although i would not call most of them MMO's:

No Mans Sky is coming in June 2016 ... in theory an MMO, but like Elite more a single experience with the possibility of meeting others.

Descent: Underworld is very much a multiplayer title, but very focussed on PvP. I would not exactly call it a MMO, but well worth a look.

Star Citizen looks very nice, but the multiplayer part will IMHO take more time until late in 2017. Solo game Squadron 42 should launch end 2016.

The Repopulation - very much a Star Wars Galaxies successor in the spirit. Will take a few years more due to switching game engine.

Homeworld:Desert of Kharak will have multiplayer.

Ascent - The Space Game may be something for you if you like PvE sandboxes.

Empyrion - Galactic Survival shall also have multiplayer and co-op aspects.

Space  Engineers is kinda a space multiplayer.

Warhammer Gothic Armada  has a multiplayer mode.

Fractured Space has a 5 vs 5 multiplayer MOBA style.

Have fun