Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LVL 16 Just went to Heidel not sure what to do?

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
edited March 2016 in Black Desert Online
Should i be focusing on velia housing and crafting stuff or is the idea to collect all my contribution points invested in velia and now set up shop in heidel,, fishing and exploring are what i enjoy doing can someone guide me or point me in the right direction i feel overwhelmed
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Post edited by MikeB on

Comments

• pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608
    thunderC said:
    Should i be focusing on velia housing and crafting stuff or is the idea to collect all my contribution points invested in velia and now set up shop in heidel,, fishing and exploring are what i enjoy doing can someone guide me or point me in the right direction i feel overwhelmed
     This guide by Harukai can help you set up beer farms in Velia; 

It's a good starting point. 

Dulfy has a good guide too; http://dulfy.net/2016/03/01/black-desert-node-management-and-hiring-workers-basic-guide/

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Personally I set up in Velia potato farming for beer and logging and concentrated on building my raft and then rowboat for fishing.

Later on I took my boat and connected nodes to Ilya island in order to be able to ship materials there to use in their tier 2 shipyard to build my fishing boat.

Along the way I set-up one worker in Glish to mine lead that I needed for the rowboat and later on NW of Calpheon for the other type of logging (I forget what exactly at the moment) I needed for the fishing boat.

Now I'm still using the same workers and my labor to produce plywood and ingots that sell quickly in the marketplace for a modest profit. I also make more beer than I need so I sell some of that as well... always in demand.

I keep my main fisherman / beer cooker / raw material processor in Velia and have a second alt there for her energy when I need it.

My main is now level 40 questing and grinding the Calpheon area. I'm up to 165 contribution points and 130 energy ATM so I have more than enough to connect all the cities for cheap transport of everything my workers produce to Velia for processing. (If you don't have the nodes connected you can still transport between warehouses but it's much more expensive.)

I'm sure what I'm doing is far from optimal but it works for now.

I don't have any workers at all in the Heidel area.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Nice guides so far. OP, I felt the same but I found that it's ok to make mistakes too.  You can never loose your contribution points, because if you invest them wrong you can just undo your investment and get your points back. I still have most of my points invested in Heidel, I prefer this place :)
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    OMG YOUR POOR CYBER EARS, IM SO SORRY PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Iselin said:
    Personally I set up in Velia potato farming for beer and logging and concentrated on building my raft and then rowboat for fishing.

Later on I took my boat and connected nodes to Ilya island in order to be able to ship materials there to use in their tier 2 shipyard to build my fishing boat.

Along the way I set-up one worker in Glish to mine lead that I needed for the rowboat and later on NW of Calpheon for the other type of logging (I forget what exactly at the moment) I needed for the fishing boat.

Now I'm still using the same workers and my labor to produce plywood and ingots that sell quickly in the marketplace for a modest profit. I also make more beer than I need so I sell some of that as well... always in demand.

I keep my main fisherman / beer cooker / raw material processor in Velia and have a second alt there for her energy when I need it.

My main is now level 40 questing and grinding the Calpheon area. I'm up to 165 contribution points and 130 energy ATM so I have more than enough to connect all the cities for cheap transport of everything my workers produce to Velia for processing. (If you don't have the nodes connected you can still transport between warehouses but it's much more expensive.)

I'm sure what I'm doing is far from optimal but it works for now.

I don't have any workers at all in the Heidel area.

Thank you so much this is pretty much what i intersted in. Im having a hard time getting out of that themepark mentallity and adjusting to " doing whatever i please" 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

I recommend setting up shop in Heidal. If the Media expansion lands next week the massive greyed out area of the map will be it. Meaning- Heidal will be in the center of the entire game world. 
    Im confused though, is the idea to have houses in each major city or are you suppose to pull all your contribution points out of the city as you move on to higher lvl area's also how do i know what is a lvl appripiote area mobs dont have lvls unless i am not seeing it ?
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

thunderC said:
    Im confused though, is the idea to have houses in each major city or are you suppose to pull all your contribution points out of the city as you move on to higher lvl area's also how do i know what is a lvl appripiote area mobs dont have lvls unless i am not seeing it ?
    You really decide. The system is open enough to let you do it in different ways.

Do you know about the distance bonus? It's when your workers gather things for you in one area, and you transport those goods to a different place. The more far away you sell those goods, the bigger bonus you get when you sell them to a trade manager!

For example, I last night I afk-fished outside calpheon. I found a quiet rock and quit game with "Minimized to tray" < The game stops using that many resources and runs in the background but it is still running. Next morning my entire inventory was full of fish. 
    Your fish has to be sold within 24 hours our they begin loosing their freshness. So what I did was that I ran from Calpheon all the way back to Heidal.

When I got to Heidal I talked to the trade manager and he gave me 18% bonus on every fish I sold. Of course merchants are more interested in Calpheon fish and other goods because they are not native to Heidal. And vise versa.

What this means effectively is that you want to create a node train. You want to start at the first city (Olvia) and connect nodes all along the way to Velia. When you create a connection, there can be made trade between those two cities. 
    So a part of the challenge is to explore and find all the node managers. These are the key. 

But you will run out of contribution points, and that is why you do quests. I have my alts positioned differently in the world. My Ranger is lvl 20 and she mostly crafts cooking for me. She makes beer for my workers and keep them fed. she runs back between velia and heidal. 

My main Warrior is out questing and grinding and discovering new lands. My Tamer I am using for energy and fishing. 

Remember, if you want to make a boat or have a wagon for your horse. You need a lot of wood. Like a lot. So you need to get your workers on getting the items you really want.
    A really good node map planning map; http://imgur.com/a/WAOrz
    thunderC said:
    Mobs have colors relative to you so all you know is approximate level... deep red mobs are +5 level. But if you use roads you can go anywhere without hassle. Going after raw materials yourself is the only part of gathering where you have to be able to hold your own against the local mobs.

And what the guys above said is true and Heidel is central but not necessarily where you want to be if your main worker production is elsewhere. Even though warehouse transfers are cheap, not needing to transfer it at all is cheaper still. Also... distance is a factor in what you earn from making and selling trade goods if you want to do that. Currently, Trent to Velia or viceversa is the longest trading distance. If you want to farm sunflowers for example (seems to be the favorite cash crop lol) and turn them into trade goods for profit, Velia or Trent are the better places to do it. Trent, however, is a level 45+ area, so...

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Hey, I was kidding ;)
    Sorry for my sarcastic douchey response :)
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

pingo said:
    thunderC said:
    You really decide. The system is open enough to let you do it in different ways.

Do you know about the distance bonus? It's when your workers gather things for you in one area, and you transport those goods to a different place. The more far away you sell those goods, the bigger bonus you get when you sell them to a trade manager!

For example, I last night I afk-fished outside calpheon. I found a quiet rock and quit game with "Minimized to tray" < The game stops using that many resources and runs in the background but it is still running. Next morning my entire inventory was full of fish. 
    Your fish has to be sold within 24 hours our they begin loosing their freshness. So what I did was that I ran from Calpheon all the way back to Heidal.

When I got to Heidal I talked to the trade manager and he gave me 18% bonus on every fish I sold. Of course merchants are more interested in Calpheon fish and other goods because they are not native to Heidal. And vise versa.

What this means effectively is that you want to create a node train. You want to start at the first city (Olvia) and connect nodes all along the way to Velia. When you create a connection, there can be made trade between those two cities. 
    So a part of the challenge is to explore and find all the node managers. These are the key. 

But you will run out of contribution points, and that is why you do quests. I have my alts positioned differently in the world. My Ranger is lvl 20 and she mostly crafts cooking for me. She makes beer for my workers and keep them fed. she runs back between velia and heidal. 

My main Warrior is out questing and grinding and discovering new lands. My Tamer I am using for energy and fishing. 

Remember, if you want to make a boat or have a wagon for your horse. You need a lot of wood. Like a lot. So you need to get your workers on getting the items you really want.
    Thank you so much pingo and the rest of you guys as well, learning so much in this thread, This is the game i have always wanted but am struggling to understand the basics you guys are clearing alot up didnt even realize my alts play a huge role and i should be using some 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

quick question can my workers transport wharehouse goods if so how do i do that, for instance goods from valie whare house to hedial
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    thunderC said:
     Well you're still only level 16, I'm level 40 and still working on unlocking things in Heidel, and Glish. I also have 3 alts already leveled up to 25 and sitting on various npcs for amity farming. The game is more of how you feel like playing it, all ways lead to max gear, and level as long as you grind. There's tons of ways to make silver, so there's really no wrong way, as long as you can afford what you need.  As long as you're doing the things that interest you, you're doing it right imo.

Here's a decent leveling guide to use as you go through the Black Spirit quests. These camps will have heavy traffic though, so depending on your server/channel it may be hard to get great exp there.

10-15 Imps (Hidel Quarry)

15-18 Scarecrows (Moretti Plantation)

18-21 Al Rhundi Bandits (Castle Ruins)

21-24/25 Frogans (Glish Swamp)

25-29 Cultists (Bloody Monastery)

29-30/31 Red Orcs (Orc Camp/Southern Neutral Zone)

30-32 Bandits (Birhagi Den?)

30-34 Harpies (Mountainside of Delphe Knights Castle)

34-39/40 Abandoned Land

40-44 Chimera (West of Keplan)

44-50+ Catfish (Lake Kaia/Catfishman Camp)

thunderC said:
    quick question can my workers transport wharehouse goods if so how do i do that, for instance goods from valie whare house to hedial
    No. Workere are bound to cities and can't be moved to another one.

Transporting is an option from the warehouse menu. The only other way of moving items from one warehouse to another is to take it yourself in either your own or your mount's (and this includes donkeys, horses, wagons and boats) inventory.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    thunderC said:

Transporting is an option from the warehouse menu. The only other way of moving items from one warehouse to another is to take it yourself in either your own or your mount's (and this includes donkeys, horses, wagons and boats) inventory.
    So nodes are connected to cities then? for instance workers in velia can only collect in areas/nodes close to velia not nodes in heidel?

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    edited March 2016
    thunderC said:
    Iselin said:
    thunderC said:

So nodes are connected to cities then? for instance workers in velia can only collect in areas/nodes close to velia not nodes in heidel?

Correct, your workers in heidel will collect in that area, and you can bring goods between towns with a horse/wagon.
    remember to talk to everyone! all stable masters, all skill trainers, all sorts of people. they help raise your energy and let you obtain knowledge.

And when you obtain knowledge it helps you unlock new quests. 

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    edited March 2016
    I were like you when I first came to Heidal, so I went about it as a general themepark game, I did all the quests in Heidal then moved outwards, started to get some CP and start building up mining/weapon/armour shops in Heidal, now im working on wagons.
    I suggest you do as many if not all crafting related quests so you can craft higher tier items in the future.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    edited March 2016
    thunderC said:
    Iselin said:
    thunderC said:

If you hired a worker in Heidal he is connected to that warehouse so if you send him on to Oliva grape farm he will walk from Heidal to Oliva grape farm and back witch takes along time.

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Ah beer farm, what else do you really need from a game. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Ah beer farm, what else do you really need from a game. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    It's a sandpark game so there is no correct answer to the original question. It's up to each player to decide what are their priorities and make their plans based on that. I personally have retained Velia as my main base but have been working on linking all the main towns around the South of the map and around to Epheria where I have my level 2 shipbuilding facility. On the way, I have been setting up resource node collection points and now have a dozen workers and almost all the raw materials I need being harvested all day.

I have been concentrating on these things as I have zero interest in PvP and levels. Someone who is playing for end game PvP would probably have completely different priorities.