Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Warcraft Trailer Released

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited March 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Warcraft Trailer Released

Legendary Entertainment has released a new minute long trailer for the upcoming Warcraft movie. Warcraft is due out in theatres in May (EU) and June (NA) of this year. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Read the full story here

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Hello everyone!

I feel sexy and you should too!

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    edited March 2016
    Hmmm. Can't help myself but every single trailer looks incredibly cheap and most of the non-cgi figures look awkwardly displaced in the otherwise beautiful cgi landscape.

Hodor!

• vierklauwvierklauw Member UncommonPosts: 27
    0:40 anduin lothar and garona wut? where is medivh?
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    All i see is Ragnar Lothbrok :/

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    The elves looked ridiculous.

• MultibyteMultibyte Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Sorry but CGI looks cheap. It made me feel like Blizzard wants to make a killing thru name recognition without spending much on the making of the movie. It actually matches their recent approach to their games, basically make cheap stuff and sell thru hype.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    The WoW game graphics looks cheap so why complain that the movie CGI looks cheap?
    Personally I think the CGI looks pretty good.
    Did you also complain about the poor CGI in latest Hobbit movie?
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Now I know what the big announcement at Blizzcon this year will be...

Warcraft movie coming to DVD this Christmas!
  • Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    edited March 2016
    Multibyte said:
    Sorry but CGI looks cheap. It made me feel like Blizzard wants to make a killing thru name recognition without spending much on the making of the movie. It actually matches their recent approach to their games, basically make cheap stuff and sell thru hype.
    Yeah you got them....  Blizzard wants to compromise one of the most lucrative video game IPs ever by making a terrible cash grab movie.

That said, I'd be incredibly surprised if the movie was even at the level of a marvel film.  However they are trying.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Jonnyp2 said:
    Multibyte said:
    Yeah you got them....  Blizzard wants to compromise one of the most lucrative video game IPs ever by making a shitty cash grab movie.

Granted I'd be incredible surprised if the movie was even at the level of a marvel film...
    Die hard fans can't see anything but rose color through their glasses and Blizzard knows it... hell, even George Lucas knew that much.

This movie won't change anyone's viewpoint of the IP.  It *might* get someone to try the game out if they had never played it before but it is certainly not going to bring back those that have left the game over the years.  The movie hopes to tap into the loyal fanbase, it doesn't expect to get anyone else to go and see it.   
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Don't forget the ole popcorn trick when you take your girlfriends to the theatre.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Going to love this movie. This old man can't wait to go see it. :awesome: 

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Looks terrible, it's going to make a killing off of the fanboys though.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I am still not sold on this, going to be a rental for me unless the reviews come back 90% on RT but I suspect sub 50%
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

They should either have focused on the humans in the Warcraft universe (to reduse the CGI usage), OR made a pure CGI movie, because this mix, allthough beautifully made, makes the whole thing look very unrealistic.

Not going the the cinema to watch this one, I'll just wait until Netflix or some local TV channel shows it.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Don't forget the ole popcorn trick when you take your girlfriends to the theatre.

What's the trick?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234

IceAge said:

What's the trick?

Want to go to the movies with me? I'll show you the trick.
  • SteelhelmSteelhelm Member UncommonPosts: 332

Volgore said:

Hello everyone!

I feel sexy and you should too!

This is just the beginning!
    Talking about games where thousands of players exist simultaneously in a single instance and mechanics related to such games.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    edited March 2016
    They tacked on "The Beginning" just because they're going to franchise the hell out of it with a 2nd and 3rd series. Even if it is bad -and I'm hoping super not- the movie will sell well to nostalgic fans and fantasy fans alike. It will still have huge opening box office weekend numbers.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I hope this movie is good, because the trailer makes me want to go see it.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    This movie is going to be awful.
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Nahh itll be good. Cause i dont give a fuck about ur opinions.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I'll see it, because it's a fantasy WoW thing, and I'm more or less obligated.  However, the CGI looked really exaggerated.  Considering how far CGI has progressed, I'm wondering if they did it on purpose to give a sort of computer animation type of feel.  Considering the IP, I imagine that it had a pretty good budget to get better CGI.

If it wasn't intentional, and it just looks like that, then they wasted some serious coin on their CGI staff.

I self identify as a monkey.

• RakujiRakuji Member UncommonPosts: 144
    you people will hate on anything wont you? the movie looks awesome even if the mmorpg sucks the rts was epic and will always be epic. So go on haters spread your anger across the internet cause daddy didn't love you enough.

Kick to the Face.