Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SPONSORED - A Brand New Nautical Browser MMORPG - Seas of Gold News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageSPONSORED - A Brand New Nautical Browser MMORPG - Seas of Gold News

Seas of Gold is a refreshing browser MMORPG experience. Focusing on strategic naval combat, the Fantasy/Pirate setting serves up seldom seen environments in this genre. Aesthetic and gameplay are well matched in this new game. 

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    This looks like a shitty Facebook game.

Joined - July 2004

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

It is a shitty facebook game ! :D

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sadly when i click and see generated by "SYSTEM" i have little hope the game is any good but simply just advertising.
    The best gaming news this site ever has is brought to us by gamer's because they have no invested interest in the game or business.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510

Wizardry said:

Sadly when i click and see generated by "SYSTEM" i have little hope the game is any good but simply just advertising.
    The best gaming news this site ever has is brought to us by gamer's because they have no invested interest in the game or business.

+1 for real talk
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012

It is a shitty facebook game ! :D

How about another shitty facebook game in a period where that are too many shitty facebook games.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Wizardry said:
    I clicked on one once and It was the BDO beta key give away. . having said that I would agree. . BUT. . don't change it because we can then avoid it easier :)  I click just because I can't stand not knowing what is in a box.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    R2 Games...stay far away.
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    Sponsored Game... nothing to see here
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    People on this site actually play facebook games? I think I looked at facebook for about 2 days before deleting that site....Trust me you wont miss the drama.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    trash!!11oneone (silent whisper)
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

fs23otm said:

Sponsored Game... nothing to see here

This is exactly why we put SPONSORED clearly on posts such as this. If you're not interested, you can simply move on. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I find the title of the game highly ironic given the developer, lol

Are R2Games planning on "swimming in the Seas of Gold" generated by the cash shop in this game ? :D 
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Boobs in game ads = either asian, or pure garbage - often both
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    I don't understand all the bitching here. They said it was a sponsored article. The sit has to make money somehow. If you didnt want to see even as "SPONSORED" is in the title then you shouldnt have clicked. Though you can be a little helper and click to show support!

If mmorpg.com was to vanish tomorrow, where would you go for your gaming news and forums?

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Not my type of game, but I will take a look occasionally at sponsored content since it helps support the site I enjoy visiting.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    As others have noticed, the game looks really pathetic. The site barely says anything about the game other than to try to get you to register and play it. I doubt that I'll ever understand why publishers decide to spend a bunch of money on advertising before they have anything to advertise.

Though I certainly don't blame mmorpg.com for taking the money. I have no problem with non-malicious ads clearly labeled as ads.
  • Toxic_RevengerToxic_Revenger Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Yes nothing says quality gaming experience better than a female pirate in sexy panties and a bustier.

“Not even Jove can please all, whether he rains or does not rain.”

—Theognis

• PaleridersPaleriders Member UncommonPosts: 37

DMKano said:

I'm on a boat and, it's goin fast and

I got a nautical themed pashmina afghan

I'm the king of the world, on a boat like Leo
    If you're on the shore, then you're sho' not me-oh
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606
    edited March 2016
    Netspook said:
    I know right? The amount of cleavage shown in a game advertisement is directly proportional to how terrible that game is. I actually love how that works, I can tell if a game is absolute crap or not from the banner/ad alone due to this universal system, it's very handy.

Deathenger said:
    If mmorpg.com was to vanish tomorrow, where would you go for your gaming news and forums?
    As for news, same place everyone goes right now, massivelyop.com. As for forums, onrpg.com. mmorpg.com is most people's backup mmo website.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I don't understand all the bitching here. They said it was a sponsored article. The sit has to make money somehow. If you didnt want to see even as "SPONSORED" is in the title then you shouldnt have clicked. Though you can be a little helper and click to show support!

Perhaps MANY like myself did not see the "sponsored" part?This site can BLAME themselves because we all know the first link is just a prelude to a second link so we don't sit there and read every word on the first link.

Perhaps get the site in order and get rid of the multiple click bait links,then we might actually read the FIRST link.

Even still this site SHOULD be bringing us equal or MORE amounts of game content instead of advertising developers.The PURPOSE of the site is not an advertising site,it is SUPPOSE to be a gaming news site.
    However as i said ,it is the GAMER's who usually bring outside news that is not carrying an agenda towards making money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Guest Writer, tell me more........ lololololololololololol.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Robokapp said:

what has happened to this place? I'm sad.

Ad blocker happened.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    What do you guys have against pixel boobs?
    I'm still having fun with Kanpani Girls which was sponsored here not too long ago.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • DrDread74DrDread74 Member UncommonPosts: 308

Netspook said:

+1

http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/
     An MMO game I created, solo. It's live now and absolutely free to play!
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Ad blocker happened.

And we know who's fault that is -- and it isn't MMORPG.com