Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I finally accepted the fact

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    ArChWind said:

I am all for you dude. I have already quit. Can't move forward much now since at 50 it is just near impossible to do it without getting PK'ed three and four times a day. Spending more time going backwards than forward so screw it.

Best luck on your adventures in BDO.
    Why don't you just party up? Join a guild. Also, if someone bothers you and you are solo, change channels.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited March 2016
    I love BDO but it has some flaws, and some ever so slight P2W aspects. This is the proverbial norm today so we shouldn't all be surprised and upset. This is how gaming is presented nowadays even though most of us feel cheated. So what do we do? Pay the money and cry and hopefully you can get about 3 months of fun before you get P'ed off.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Sovrath said:
    ArChWind said:

I am all for you dude. I have already quit. Can't move forward much now since at 50 it is just near impossible to do it without getting PK'ed three and four times a day. Spending more time going backwards than forward so screw it.

Why don't you just party up? Join a guild. Also, if someone bothers you and you are solo, change channels.

Okay sure join a guild and guilds bring wars and more PK. Well I am not the worlds best PvP'er anymore. Slow hands and brain LOL. I just took 20 million silver converted it to gold so I could put it into my chars inventory then hit delete, uninstall.

Nope not going to bother with it. To many fuck wits in this one right now.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608
    ArChWind said:
    Sovrath said:
    ArChWind said:

Okay sure join a guild and guilds bring wars and more PK. Well I am not the worlds best PvP'er anymore. Slow hands and brain LOL. I just took 20 million silver converted it to gold so I could put it into my chars inventory then hit delete, uninstall.

Nope not going to bother with it. To many fuck wits in this one right now.
    You are right. Griefing is a major turn on for those people. Like talking shit on the internet, PK'ing people over and over trying to harass them is a outlet from their unsatisfying lives.

But on the other hand, I think it's a shame if you throw in the towel. Getting to lvl 51 (let alone 56) actually takes skill in this game. It's actually hard due to the PK'ing and xp loss. you have more to lose. and suddenly there is a element of good versus bad people, honorable vs dishonorable people, right and wrong and this entire sense of duality. Something that other games doesn't have.

And it makes the game exciting, and it makes getting higher levels mean something. So to have the excitement and challenge, the flip coin is that we have to deal with people like this.

It might also end up being too much for me when I hit 50. Or 51. or 56. Like everyone else, I just want to make it to 56. But what if we get to 56, give up on grinding and we still get steamrolled by people who are above our levels? It might put a serious dent in the enjoyment too.

And that is where Blade and Soul is the total opposite. Its PvE world is dead. its not exciting. Lvl 1-50 is just an excuse to learn your class. Your fast forwarding through the garbage story trying to grind and just get through all these deadless npcs. But its safe. there is instant travel. you dont lose xp when you die. And its boring as hell because there is nothing to do. But its more fair. its more of a skill based game. 

I feel both sides have their strengths and weaknesses. I think the best way to have a good time is to play them in a way that makes sense. With BDO doesn't it make sense to try and figure out where you can go in the game world with less chances of getting ganked? and prepping yourself with emergency tools and positions. You also got V which can help you. 

I believe some good community building can come through going with guildies who also need to level up. BDO is massive and the world is going to increase 2x with Media. You are going to be able to find a spot and win, so you can live to win...

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    WoW isn't p2w because you can't get the best gear with gold.  You could buy a million gold but still be a scrub struggling with tier 1 raids and getting 1 shot in pvp because in WoW, you have to earn the gear in-game, you don't just buy upgrades.
    You can even buy Mythic raid clears for ingame gold. Many of the raid groups in WoW offer Mythic run spots for people who have the funds. In fact some of my friends breeze through Mythic raids while they earn their monthly sub tokens by selling Mythic raids and loot to people. The best loot for ingame currency bought with real money is available in the game by its community.
    pingo said:

Getting to lvl 51 (let alone 56) actually takes skill in this game.
    LOL nope it don't take skill it just takes a lot of grind and tolerance of assholes. I have other things to do besides be constant target for them.

Maybe restart kow or better yet see if I can unretire and go back to my old job. One month has been overly boring setting at home playing silly games anyway.

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I'm not even sure what to say....this has to be one of the most insecure, immature, uneducated threads full of nonsense I've ever seen.

Your claim of P2W is based almost completely on a few of the cash shop items giving a small amount of bonus xp. Bonus xp isn't P2W, it just means you'll get max level a little bit faster.

If you do the math actually, if you start the game and level 1-50 with every cash shop bonus xp item on at the same time as someone who doesn't have anything, and they play identical. The cash shop player will hit 50 at about the same time that the free player hits 47..........oh no....the free player has to play an extra 2-3 hours to catch up....and then they are on the exact same playing field. 

Sorry, bonus xp is NOT p2w.

And you other point.....buying the game.....???

This made me laugh so hard. I've never heard of having to buy the game as p2w....but even if you tried, you couldn't argue it. Because EVERYONE who is playing had to buy the game....so it's not advantageous over any other player.

The game isn't p2w at all, if anything the depth and complexity keeps it from being so. Someone with well set up trade routes and good workers can make more profit than someone trying to p2w at $100 a day.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    I'm not even sure what to say....this has to be one of the most insecure, immature, uneducated threads full of nonsense I've ever seen.

Your claim of P2W is based almost completely on a few of the cash shop items giving a small amount of bonus xp. Bonus xp isn't P2W, it just means you'll get max level a little bit faster.

If you do the math actually, if you start the game and level 1-50 with every cash shop bonus xp item on at the same time as someone who doesn't have anything, and they play identical. The cash shop player will hit 50 at about the same time that the free player hits 47..........oh no....the free player has to play an extra 2-3 hours to catch up....and then they are on the exact same playing field. 

Sorry, bonus xp is NOT p2w.

Soft level cap is 56.  Reaching level 50 just means you finally got finished with the tutorial.
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    DMKano said:
    p2w is defined in the gaming community as getting a advantage over another player by means of using cash.
    There is no accepted definition of P2W.
    Yes there is. Just because you won't admit you enjoy P2W games (first AA, now BDO to a lesser extent) doesn't mean there isn't a commonly accepted definition of what a P2W game is. The poster you quoted just said it loud and clear. The fact you don't agree or are too hypocritical to accept it doesn't make it invalid.
  • SyosSyos Member UncommonPosts: 5
    i Love when people who knows nothing go on internet and talk trash about game they know nothing about, all items via cash shop can be bought with ingame money, there is no such thing as op or p2w, but if you want to make excuses , sure every cash shop is pay to win from your perspective, because you don't understand what is p2w. Sure if you buy pets with cash and no ingame cash you will save yourself some money, but rly p2w? p2w is archeage, when you can benefit your gear with cash shop, this game has nothing even similiar to that. people like you need to be flagged for giving false information, and if you don't like the game, why spreading hate on forums...guess if there is no people like you forums would gone extinct

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited March 2016
    Syos said:
    i Love when people who knows nothing go on internet and talk trash about game they know nothing about, all items via cash shop can be bought with ingame money,
    ...maybe follow your own advice?

Even if you could trade cash shop items on the market, people would still call it "PW2" because you would be trading cash shop items for gold.

Really, "P2W" is nothing more than derogatory label for things you cannot afford, meaningless term.
    Post edited by Gdemami on
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, unfortunately the MMORPG genre has become a genre where paying for advantages is widely accepted by the playerbase. Fortunately there are other genres of multiplayer games where that would never be accepted.

OP you forgot about some things in the cash shop:
    • Payed respeccs of skills beyond one you get for free at lvl 45.
    • Instant revive on death which also removes the 2% experience loss of a death.
    • Extra character slots, you can buy 5 extra character slots. All characters regenerate energy passively. Energy is used for many things in the game like crafting, hiring workers, boosting nodes so the mobs in the area drop more loot, becoming friendly with NPCs for various benefits etc. More characters are also very useful for enchanting gear with blackstones by allowing you to use your fail stacks more efficiently. Parking alts in certain locations to perform a task like managing your farms or selling those boxes of sunflowers you crafted and shipped across the world will save a lot of time otherwise spent travelling.
    • Furniture for your house that gives buffs and a bed that lets you regenerate energy faster than the beds that can be obtained in-game.
    • Extra storage in all cities, usually you have to use contribution points for more storage. If you swipe your credit card you can use all your hard earned contribution points for other things instead like farming, workshops or node connections.
    • Horse breeding reset, pay to breed more times with those horses you worked so hard to level up and sell the extra offspring for some sweet silver.
    • Underwear with +1 luck, pay for better drops from mobs.
    • Horse/wagon/boat gear that makes them better than with gear obtainable in-game.
    • Horse flute that lets you call your horse from far away instead of having to run to get it.
    • A costume with +1 fishing skill and faster swim speed, fish faster.
    • Glasses that make you gain knowledge on mobs you kill quicker. S rank knowledge means you get more experience as well as better loot from those mobs. Once you get a rank it needs to be reset if you want to try to get a better rank.
    The game is good which is the sad part, ruined by the cash shop for me.
    Post edited by Foncl on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2016
    Foncl said:
    Yeah, unfortunately the MMORPG genre has become a genre where paying for advantages is widely accepted by the playerbase. Fortunately there are other genres of multiplayer games where that would never be accepted.

OP you forgot about some things in the cash shop:
    • Payed respeccs of skills beyond one you get for free at lvl 45.
    • Instant revive on death which also removes the 2% experience loss of a death.
    • Extra character slots, you can buy 5 extra character slots. All characters regenerate energy passively. Energy is used for many things in the game like crafting, hiring workers, boosting nodes so the mobs in the area drop more loot, becoming friendly with NPCs for various benefits etc. More characters are also very useful for enchanting gear with blackstones by allowing you to use your fail stacks more efficiently. Parking alts in certain locations to perform a task like managing your farms or selling those boxes of sunflowers you crafted and shipped across the world will save a lot of time otherwise spent travelling.
    • Furniture for your house that gives buffs and a bed that lets you regenerate energy faster than the beds that can be obtained in-game.
    • Extra storage in all cities, usually you have to use contribution points for more storage. If you swipe your credit card you can use all your hard earned contribution points for other things instead like farming, workshops or node connections.
    • Horse breeding reset, pay to breed more times with those horses you worked so hard to level up and sell the extra offspring for some sweet silver.
    • Underwear with +1 luck, pay for better drops from mobs.
    • Horse/wagon/boat gear that makes them better than with gear obtainable in-game.
    • Horse flute that lets you call your horse from far away instead of having to run to get it.
    • A costume with +1 fishing skill and faster swim speed, fish faster.
    • Glasses that make you gain knowledge on mobs you kill quicker. S rank knowledge means you get more experience as well as better loot from those mobs. Once you get a rank it needs to be reset if you want to try to get a better rank.
    The game is good which is the sad part, ruined by the cash shop for me.
    Thank you for properly calling these P2A and not PTW, you get the gold star.

One question, can any of these be obtained in game by playing, trading with other players, or from the auction house in a reasonable timeframe?

If so then they become PFC (pay for convenience).

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Cry about it.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
    Scambug said:
    DMKano said:
    p2w is defined in the gaming community as getting a advantage over another player by means of using cash.
    Yes there is. Just because you won't admit you enjoy P2W games (first AA, now BDO to a lesser extent) doesn't mean there isn't a commonly accepted definition of what a P2W game is. The poster you quoted just said it loud and clear. The fact you don't agree or are too hypocritical to accept it doesn't make it invalid.
    Nonsense, just because ignorant masses improperly use terms such as MMO to describe games with 24 people in the world doesn't mean we have to accept their usage of it.

Just as the first Massively modifying multiplayer, "W" is for "Win" and we have no shortage of dictionaries to help discern it's meaning from the term "advantage"

P2W is paying for items of power or extreme, gameplay enhancing benefits that can not be obtained in game otherwise or take an unreasonable time to do so. (and severely impact other players experience)

Learn the proper definition and you too can start having enlightened conversations.

Of course in doing so you have to admit almost no MMORPGS sell these sort of items, meaning P2W is almost a myth rather than reality.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    rertez said:
    DMKano said:

Granted the last time I played WoW was vanilla so maybe I am WAY wrong,  but the base price includes everything that is reasonably needed to play the game comfortably as far as end user experience. 

I could not play BD without auto-looting pets due to AoE grind nature of the game for me - every minutes there are 30+ mobs dead that I'd have to click on without pets. It's pretty damn unplayable to me if I didn't have pets.

PvP treant suit is a also a must IMO. Instant rez tears can be hugely useful in situations where your group gets rolled in PvP and is about to lose a node or grind spot.  Etc....

Maybe WoW is the same way today  - there are things you must buy to make the game reasonably enjoyable, but I think that WoW includes everything in the base game.

That is the difference. Again i haven't played WoW in 10+ years so maybe I am just flat out wrong.

FYI WoW has a cash shop item called WoW Token that can be legally sold for ingame gold so that anyone can purchase gold for real money. Also if I'm not mistaken in WoW it's been legal to multibox with up to four accounts.

And although it's not legal a lot of players tend to go the botting route in that game. It's clearly noticable that even BG's are loaded with bots especially during nights.

Yet not many cry P2W due to the nature of a huge part of WoW's community. It always amazed me how the same people who remain silent about WoW's current business model bash on other games and call them P2W. I'm not talking about this particular "drama" about BDO offering some features through its cash shop but how a lot of WoW players tend to bash on every single MMO in general while they accept the fact that WoW has a fairly similar business model besides it's still being a monthly sub game. Some even talk about WoW being a good example of how MMOs should be offering paid services in 2016.

Of course I'm not saying that it's typical of WoW's community but it's clear that there is a vocal crowd among them that don't accept any paid features in MMOs but the ones in WoW, including paid server transfers, paid faction changes, legalized gold selling, paid max level characters, cash shop exclusive mounts, legally playing simultaneously on multiple accounts, annoying chat spams, (illegal) botting even in PvP and so on. It's just strange how people judge different games.

You are clearly delusional.  Pay to win means getting a big advantage in pvp.  People could care less in pve.  Wow does not have that feature.  There is nothing Blizzard sells that provides that.  BDO is not really pay-to-win.  There are a few items that give you an advantage, but they are something you can throw into what I call a maintenance fee.

The problem with BDO there is no end game except pvp.  And the grind from 50-56 is major, typical Korean theme park game.  

If I am going to pvp, I am most certainly NOT going to waste my time in this game. 
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    The truth is anyone can come up with reason why almost any game is pay to win. Haters gonna find a way to hate. Knights are gonna find way  knight.
    Sovrath said:
    ArChWind said:

I don't see much of a point of being 45+ if you're not in a guild anyway.
    I have to agree.

I suppose it would have helped but what really got me pissed the most LOL was I auto run to a spot and was pk'ed on the road while I went afk since the run was like 12 minutes. I ran out of my free ET so I had to take the loss again which was more than I gained that night.

Then I was Pk'ed while fighting mobs which I rounded up so I had mobs to tend to and a PK'er at the same time so I ended up dead by mobs.

Just a lot of assholes in this game right now.

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    The truth is anyone can come up with reason why almost any game is pay to win. Haters gonna find a way to hate. Knights are gonna find a way to knight.
    ArChWind said:
    Sovrath said:
    ArChWind said:

I don't see much of a point of being 45+ if you're not in a guild anyway.
    I have to agree.

I suppose it would have helped but what really got me pissed the most LOL was I auto run to a spot and was pk'ed on the road while I went afk since the run was like 12 minutes. I ran out of my free ET so I had to take the loss again which was more than I gained that night.

Then I was Pk'ed while fighting mobs which I rounded up so I had mobs to tend to and a PK'er at the same time so I ended up dead by mobs.

Just a lot of assholes in this game right now.
    Just like in EVE, autopilot is available but is rarely a good idea to use in dangerous territory, and always comes with a risk no matter where or when you use it.

Gankers always attack when you are surrounded by mobs and I wish more games worked like DAOCs FFA PVP servers did, (RIP Mordred).

The npcs would immediately disengage when a player fighting them was attacked, and could regain aggro after a few seconds on any nearby player including the attacking ganker.

Even better, upon being hit by the attackers first blow their health immediately regenerated to full health, so to gank required one to time it so you could kill the player with the alpha strike, and a smart PVEer didn't often let their health get that low.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    edited March 2016
    Kyleran said:
    Scambug said:
    DMKano said:

Learn the proper definition and you too can start having enlightened conversations.

ROFL...enlightened conversations? Is that what you're having?...About video games?
    Don't let me interrupt then, I wouldn't want to interfere with the constant flow of genius emanating from your finger tips.

Incidentally you confirmed my point that there is a commonly accepted definition of P2W. But I guess you're too blinded by your self proclaimed enlightenment to see it...dumb ass.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    People can deny it all they want, but it's definitely P2W.

It gives an advantage in a competitive field.  If there were other options to acquire these items then it wouldn't be as bad.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Are people still going on about +1 fishing being P2W? lol :)

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    rertez said:
    DMKano said:

Granted the last time I played WoW was vanilla so maybe I am WAY wrong,  but the base price includes everything that is reasonably needed to play the game comfortably as far as end user experience. 

I could not play BD without auto-looting pets due to AoE grind nature of the game for me - every minutes there are 30+ mobs dead that I'd have to click on without pets. It's pretty damn unplayable to me if I didn't have pets.

PvP treant suit is a also a must IMO. Instant rez tears can be hugely useful in situations where your group gets rolled in PvP and is about to lose a node or grind spot.  Etc....

Maybe WoW is the same way today  - there are things you must buy to make the game reasonably enjoyable, but I think that WoW includes everything in the base game.

That is the difference. Again i haven't played WoW in 10+ years so maybe I am just flat out wrong.

FYI WoW has a cash shop item called WoW Token that can be legally sold for ingame gold so that anyone can purchase gold for real money. Also if I'm not mistaken in WoW it's been legal to multibox with up to four accounts.

And although it's not legal a lot of players tend to go the botting route in that game. It's clearly noticable that even BG's are loaded with bots especially during nights.

Yet not many cry P2W due to the nature of a huge part of WoW's community. It always amazed me how the same people who remain silent about WoW's current business model bash on other games and call them P2W. I'm not talking about this particular "drama" about BDO offering some features through its cash shop but how a lot of WoW players tend to bash on every single MMO in general while they accept the fact that WoW has a fairly similar business model besides it's still being a monthly sub game. Some even talk about WoW being a good example of how MMOs should be offering paid services in 2016.

Of course I'm not saying that it's typical of WoW's community but it's clear that there is a vocal crowd among them that don't accept any paid features in MMOs but the ones in WoW, including paid server transfers, paid faction changes, legalized gold selling, paid max level characters, cash shop exclusive mounts, legally playing simultaneously on multiple accounts, annoying chat spams, (illegal) botting even in PvP and so on. It's just strange how people judge different games.
    WoW isn't p2w because you can't get the best gear with gold.  You could buy a million gold but still be a scrub struggling with tier 1 raids and getting 1 shot in pvp because in WoW, you have to earn the gear in-game, you don't just buy upgrades.

Its been a while since I played wow, but I know for certain that you can buy the powerful enchants and so forth from the auction house (because I did that) and I am pretty sure you can also buy and sell weapons and armor on the AH.

A quick search revealed that you can buy Champion’s Honor badges which can be used to buy pvp gear: http://kotaku.com/a-handy-way-to-gear-up-quickly-in-world-of-warcraft-1720334545
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    YashaX said:
    rertez said:
    DMKano said:

Its been a while since I played wow, but I know for certain that you can buy the powerful enchants and so forth from the auction house (because I did that) and I am pretty sure you can also buy and sell weapons and armor on the AH.

A quick search revealed that you can buy Champion’s Honor badges which can be used to buy pvp gear: http://kotaku.com/a-handy-way-to-gear-up-quickly-in-world-of-warcraft-1720334545
    I haven't played for awhile either, but i'd be very surprised if you could buy the best stuff with gold only.