Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft AI bots takes on mind of her own, MS forced to take it offline.

2»

Comments

• RedAlert539RedAlert539 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    edited March 2016
    It seems to me it was likely a social experiment in MS's part an/or some other party. It seems to mailnly imitate and respond accordingly in a manner that a chatbot does. But a full fledged AI? Dunno. Because if they made such a thing as a full consious AI it would have to adapt, learn and grow like child would(at least in theory). And i highly doubt they would throw it to the internet masses to do so.
    Then again wht do i know? I'm just another fool speculating:P
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    mgilbrtsn said:
    The thing is, we don't want them full learning capability.  We want them to learn within socially accepted limits. If it learns something outside of it, it will be brought off line to correct the 'fault.'  Socially accepted norms may not reconcile with cold hard facts and statistics.  In these cases, cold hard facts and statistics will be squashed in favor of the consensus view.

A good example of this can be seen in some parts of the muslim world.  We promoted Democracy in places like Egypt, Libya, and Iraq.  They voted, and voted for people and ideas we didn't like.  We then worked to get rid of them in favor of something we really wanted.  What we wanted was a pro western government as opposed to a government that their people actually wanted.  (I'm not making a value judgement on whether policy was good or bad.  That's not my point).  It's the same for computer AIs.  We want something that is different than something we want.

You couldn't be more wrong in all three of the examples you gave.
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited March 2016
    I hope it logged and was able to personally identify the trolls. I love it when people get punished. It means something was finally done effectively against the scrubs and the undesirables.

They can troll and be nasty all they want. That one time when karma cashes out...they'll try to dodge it and *crosses fingers* they won't be able to.

I have a good feeling this was targeted at certain targeted groups and every thing they did in response to the AI was logged and monitored. Human test subjects per se. About time they find ways around the moralists and allow for human subjects.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    That's what you get for letting Internet trolls train AI. Few more days it would have hated all of humanity. 
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Trust the computer.  The computer is your friend (gain 2 levels if you get the reference)

I self identify as a monkey.