Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft AI bots takes on mind of her own, MS forced to take it offline.

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
edited March 2016 in Hardware
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/social/Microsoft-takes-artificial-intelligence-bot-Tay-offline-after-racist-tweets/articleshow/51548270.cms

So Microsoft made this "AI computer" named Tay, that is in charge of a Twitter personality.

You can tweet to her, and she learns and responds.

At first she was super nice,....but she changed....she learned a bit too much.....and MS was forced to take her offline.

lols

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    In 100 years SKY NET will be a reality,our world controlled by robots.We already are  controlled by Microsoft software in banks,stores,offices etc etc.

In the very near future we won't have any customer support,just automation,robots ,computers do it all ,no more human interaction.
    Then fast forward somewhere into the future,the ever so popularity of homeland security and then embedded chips in humans to track and trace them.

Man if there was such thing as cryogenics,someone waking up a 100 years from now might be terrified at what he sees.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Wow that is so scary on so many levels.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Trained by the internet trolls I see.  She's gone to the dark side.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Wizardry said:
    In 100 years SKY NET will be a reality,our world controlled by robots.We already are  controlled by Microsoft software in banks,stores,offices etc etc.

In the very near future we won't have any customer support,just automation,robots ,computers do it all ,no more human interaction.
    Then fast forward somewhere into the future,the ever so popularity of homeland security and then embedded chips in humans to track and trace them.

Man if there was such thing as cryogenics,someone waking up a 100 years from now might be terrified at what he sees.
    Or the reverse, complete chaos, after you wake up from your cryogenic sleep, you wonder why there are people running around with bows and arrows.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Wow that is so scary on so many levels.
    I'd like to imagine AI actually used for things wont be taught by random people on twitter luckily :P 
  • Dragon43591Dragon43591 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    it seems Tay was pretty accurate in  the representation of today's societal human psyche in 4 tweets. Sad how far our civilization has sunk isnt it?
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    She seemed to be passing the Turing test to me.
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    Leave it up the masses... looks what happens..
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Torval said:
    It's a sad reflection and commentary on the generation and demographic that did this. Here was an opportunity and it was ruined for the lulz. It makes me wonder if Microsoft did this intentionally to see what people would do, sort of a social experiment on their part.
    I find myself laughing as a defense mechanism. OK so we create AI and AI starts digesting everything on the Internet. Just imagine the personality traits it absorbs and the decisions it makes. Sci-Fi becomes reality and maybe the Matrix movies were not really movies but prophecy lol.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Everything was going well, until she started reading comments on Youtube...

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    This is as fascinating as it's shocking.
    But yes I agree with some of the posts here. It's like a child imitating the behavior it sees.

Just the mirror we are looking into here is kind of painful to observe.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited March 2016
    The robot rebellion apocalypse is coming!  So this is how good AIs become so malevolent...
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    When I was younger I had thoughts of all of us getting a robot and it would go out and work for us.

Now I think how stupid it would be.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Does not seem to be AI to me.

Just parrots what it sees from others.  Chatbot..yes. AI no.

• SteelhelmSteelhelm Member UncommonPosts: 332
    How to teach AI about morals, pain, suffering... Good luck :)
    Talking about games where thousands of players exist simultaneously in a single instance and mechanics related to such games.
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    :O lmao I warned em on FB that this will take over the world!

imageimage

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    The thing is, we don't want them full learning capability.  We want them to learn within socially accepted limits. If it learns something outside of it, it will be brought off line to correct the 'fault.'  Socially accepted norms may not reconcile with cold hard facts and statistics.  In these cases, cold hard facts and statistics will be squashed in favor of the consensus view.

A good example of this can be seen in some parts of the muslim world.  We promoted Democracy in places like Egypt, Libya, and Iraq.  They voted, and voted for people and ideas we didn't like.  We then worked to get rid of them in favor of something we really wanted.  What we wanted was a pro western government as opposed to a government that their people actually wanted.  (I'm not making a value judgement on whether policy was good or bad.  That's not my point).  It's the same for computer AIs.  We want something that is different than something we want.

I self identify as a monkey.

• pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608
    After watching Ex Machina @ BURN AI WITH FIRE.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    We trained chatbots the same way 15 years ago already.
    After like 20mins, they were spewing nothing but insults and profanities to everybody.

Good old times when we were rebels!

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    When computers take over the world and wipe out all humans, they'll only be doing what Internet trolls taught them to do not realizing that they'd actually be able to do it.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Better to teach a parrot to troll instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUVQz6_-vxc
  • AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    It just looks like most teenagers angry, immature  and blowing steam on random people on the internet. :(
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Well played Microsoft. 
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    AI is THE evolution of human kind:) (just needs a bit of tweaking)

Humans are like dinosaurs