Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kings & Heroes - Amazing game that appeared from nowhere !

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
- 1st person perspective action combat ARPG.
- D&D like classes with actual utility ( Thieves that actually unlock doors and disarm traps , wizards that can find spells and learn them ... )
- Random generated dungeons
- Mob that actually drop what they are wearing and wielding
- Open world
- Mini MMO - they didnt say exactly how many , but over hundred players on officially hosted servers
- B2P , no micro-transactions planed
- Unreal 4 engine ( No Unity or HeroEngine crap )
- Indie game

Announced just yesterday and its entering early access next month ! ( so no 2-3 years waiting like other indie games )

Personally , as huge D&D fan and Roguelikes fan.
This sounds like DDO meets Hexen Meets Diablo.

A perfect game. Hopefully it will live to its promise. And good thing its only month away :D

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Agreed, @Torval  -- if it's gender-locked AND / OR  first person -- well, either of those could be an enthusiasm damper for me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Torval said:
    There is a lot about this game that interests me. You know the only thing I hate worse than gender locking? Being locked in first person view.
    Locked in 1pw is strange decision, i agree.

But its something several ARPGs that wanted to break away from Diablo mold tried, in order to be different.
    Although I myself prefer 3rd person view , 1pw certainly does add to immersion

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Certainly one to keep an eye on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Torval said:
    There is a lot about this game that interests me. You know the only thing I hate worse than gender locking? Being locked in first person view.

But its something several ARPGs that wanted to break away from Diablo mold tried, in order to be different.
    Hey, there's a first person movie coming out, Hardcore Henry, so maybe its a trend.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It calls itself an OPEN WORLD action rpg.

Open world with a maximum of 8 players is hardly an open world game.An open world game tpo me is where every single player in the game can enter the same maps and see each other,otherwise it is merely a co-op game set in mini shards.
    Whenever i have seen a game title itself an ARPG it has ALWAYS meant mindless SPAM combat,luckily so far i have not seen this to be such.
    No idea why games call themselves action,of course combat is action,which is why when seems they want to use the label it is usually a Diablo type clone of that mindless spam i really hate.

Not enough information to draw any conclusions yet,geesh idk if there is even a WORLD or just dungeons.
    Important to know is if the game is playable solo,how does that scale to grouping up to 8 and if they use scaling which  i can't stand ,how is that done?Are there any real grouping mechanics or would it simply be a beefed  up fight with more players all playing as soloists.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited March 2016
    Torval said:
    I can get along with gender locking but so called 1st person view is a total downer for me. We are always in 1st person view in real life but our view is never as limited as the so called 1st person view in games. These so called 1st person views need to go a very very long way to be real 1st person view, until then; they can go die in a bush somewhere.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

edited March 2016
    Though I do not mind 1st person, a game that emphasizes loot of any kind and then not allow for you to see it seems a weird choice. None the less I have the site bookmarked since @SBFord posted the news story. I will take a wait and see approach. It gives me a  http://hellraid.com  vibe which is a game I have been watching and waiting for, fro some time now. 

Seems you'll be waiting a long time. This is from their Facebook page in May 2015:

Dear Hellraid fans,

We would like to officially announce that our dark fantasy FPP game Hellraid will not be released this year as previously planned, and the development of the game has been put on hold.

In the recent months we conducted an internal analysis and came to the conclusion that Hellraid, in its current shape and form, is not meeting our own expectations for this project. Therefore, we decided the best course of action would be to send it back to the drawing board and invent our dark fantasy title anew.

In the meantime, we will consolidate our development resources and focus on further expansion of our Dying Light franchise.

We wish to thank all our fans for your support – you’re the best!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Torval I must be weird but gender locking doesn't really bother me either. I'm also not very into character customization and wardrobe stuff. When I played with GI Joe and Barbie it was more obscene sexual stuff lol, but that's another story *coughs*..

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    I like the idea of just being in 1st person view. I mean, when you played doom you weren't in 3rd person. Or Quake for that matter. Or Dark Messiah.

I think it will be fun.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Torval said:

First person view pulls me out of immersion. I like to see the action from a third person view, more like most movies. 
    For me 1st person view supports immersion and puts me in the action. Otherwise 3rd person is more like a movie and I feel more like a spectator.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Been looking for something since those idiots at Techland cancelled Hellraid. This just might fit the bill!

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Definitely like the idea of more locked 1st person games, but there are a ton of problems with doing it in a melee-intensive game.  The payoff in immersion is great, but between (a) perceiving opponents, (b) seeing which enemies were struck by your attack arcs, and (c) creating deep melee combat, there are a lot of problems to be solved.  As much as I've enjoyed some FPSes with melee like Vermintide, their combat wasn't terribly deep.

Unique class utility is a bit of a rhythm concern.

It's like when players assume you can take RTS gameplay and apply it to a game where each player only controls one unit -- conveniently forgetting that if you could only control one unit in a typical RTS that would be too shallow and boring to be an interesting game (RTSes are interesting only because you have this huge set of units to give orders to.)

Same deal with taking the 4-8 character parties you'd have in a singleplayer RPG where every Cool Moment is your Cool Moment, and splitting them up in a multiplayer game where players only control one character.  Now when the thief lock-picks you actually have to sit around waiting for him while you're doing nothing (which is boring.)  And he has to wait for you to have your cool moment during combat.

So a smart game would try to pace things out so that everyone is doing fun things at once.  The simplest way to do this is just to make everything combat (like regular MMORPGs.)  A more complicated way would be to alternate between Combat and Exploration phases, and give every class something fun and interesting to do for both phases.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    This game looks like fun. :)
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:

Hey, there's a first person movie coming out, Hardcore Henry, so maybe its a trend.

I saw that commercial for the that other day, looks like a fun escapist movie.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Look the guys decided on FPV when they created concept for the game 2 years ago.
    And now many people are asking them to include 3PV. And I am honestly worried that devs might buckle. As we see it often happens.
    And the original idea gets diluted and diluted, until we have same lemonade like other games.

People dont do it out of malice. They just want something they are familiar with.

I am just glad when devs dont compromise.

FPV might be a chore, but it adds lot to game.

For example in Ark you have servers that allow only FPV or ones that allow 3PV. When you can choose 3PV everyone does. It makes situational awareness so much better. But the end of the day you feel you had much more fun in FPV , because it makes you look over your shoulder more. The danger is much more there, the tension.

When given chance player will always choose easier way. But it does not mean its better.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Its a lot easier to make games in 1st person view, especially unreal seems almost designed for it. I much prefer third person, but the game still looks cool.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    First person can be really cool IF it's done right, of course, like the Elder Scrolls games (but not ESO).

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    I'm interested in seeing how this compares to Warhammer Vermintide.   While the method of getting loot sounds way better in this one, I'm hoping that the combination of dungeons and weapons will make for some interesting interactions with the enemies and maybe throw in some element of strategy.  Vermintide is fun, but basically fantasy land zerg fest.  
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Look the guys decided on FPV when they created concept for the game 2 years ago.
    And now many people are asking them to include 3PV. And I am honestly worried that devs might buckle. As we see it often happens.
    And the original idea gets diluted and diluted, until we have same lemonade like other games.

People dont do it out of malice. They just want something they are familiar with.

I am just glad when devs dont compromise.

FPV might be a chore, but it adds lot to game.

For example in Ark you have servers that allow only FPV or ones that allow 3PV. When you can choose 3PV everyone does. It makes situational awareness so much better. But the end of the day you feel you had much more fun in FPV , because it makes you look over your shoulder more. The danger is much more there, the tension.

When given chance player will always choose easier way. But it does not mean its better.
    I get what you're saying, yet selfishly I hope they cave, that means my wife will play, otherwise she won't, then I'm out my co-pilot and most likely won't pick it up as I won't have a regular co-op partner. We've been talking about wanting such a game for quite a while, this could be it with a 3PV.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited March 2016
    Wizardry said:
    It calls itself an OPEN WORLD action rpg.

Open world with a maximum of 8 players is hardly an open world game.An open world game tpo me is where every single player in the game can enter the same maps and see each other,otherwise it is merely a co-op game set in mini shards.
    Whenever i have seen a game title itself an ARPG it has ALWAYS meant mindless SPAM combat,luckily so far i have not seen this to be such.
    No idea why games call themselves action,of course combat is action,which is why when seems they want to use the label it is usually a Diablo type clone of that mindless spam i really hate.

Not enough information to draw any conclusions yet,geesh idk if there is even a WORLD or just dungeons.
    Important to know is if the game is playable solo,how does that scale to grouping up to 8 and if they use scaling which  i can't stand ,how is that done?Are there any real grouping mechanics or would it simply be a beefed  up fight with more players all playing as soloists.

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

First person view is a deal breaker for me.  Some people love it.  I hate it.  That's just the way it is.