Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish I could afford to do this!

Comments

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    goobsnews said:
    goobsnews said:

But SC has the most open development in the entire world! Why wouldn't they want to share these things good sir!? I am shocked!
    Do you tell strangers your back account number, leave bank statements in the trash or reveal your pin to strangers?

Why do you think a company would be so stupid as to do anything even remotely approaching releasing any of their data?
    So you're saying SC doesn't have the most open development in the world? Gotcha.
    Open DEVELOPMENT.

I will leave you to think a moment of the difference between open development and open account details. 
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    goobsnews said:
    goobsnews said:

But SC has the most open development in the entire world! Why wouldn't they want to share these things good sir!? I am shocked!
    Do you tell strangers your back account number, leave bank statements in the trash or reveal your pin to strangers?

Why do you think a company would be so stupid as to do anything even remotely approaching releasing any of their data?
    So you're saying SC doesn't have the most open development in the world? Gotcha.
    Open DEVELOPMENT.

I will leave you to think a moment of the difference between open development and open account details. 
    Right, so then they don't have the most open development. That's what I've been saying. Got it.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited March 2016
    goobsnews said:

Yeah you're right. Spending so much money on a video game that doesn't even exist apart from a tech demo that my wife divorces me and takes my children away is basically the same thing as my warning people about a scam on internet forums. I see your point. ;)
    So you view yourself as a ....hmm.. what's that called... oh right a "White Knight" here to protect people?

I didn't realize goons were into Charity work.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    goobsnews said:
    goobsnews said:
    goobsnews said:

Open DEVELOPMENT.

Right, so then they don't have the most open development. That's what I've been saying. Got it.
    and thank god for that!

SC talks to community more than they actually code anyway

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Distopia said:
    goobsnews said:

Yeah you're right. Spending so much money on a video game that doesn't even exist apart from a tech demo that my wife divorces me and takes my children away is basically the same thing as my warning people about a scam on internet forums. I see your point. ;)
    So you view yourself as a ....hmm.. what's that called... oh right a "White Knight" here to protect people?

More of a black knight. See pic. It's me in the cockpit of my space jpeg.
    goobsnews said:

I guess the folks at CIG thank you for the contributions for their mural.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Looks like since the other doom and gloom thread was locked this one will go downhill fast.

On topic: I still think throwing $1k+ at a wall fixture for a company that has an almost 100% online presence is utterly disgraceful IF ANY BACKER MONEY WAS INVOLVED (Caps for relevance).

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Unless you can prove the mural exists using receipts and a non edited video of you going to the office and touching it with your hands, you have no evidence they exist.
    edited March 2016
    goobsnews said:
    Unless you can prove the mural exists using receipts and a non edited video of you going to the office and touching it with your hands, you have no evidence they exist.
    OF course they exist why do you think they're scamming people?.. They wanted Murals. We all want Murals, even the op, look at his title.

IF I give you two "moving" jpegs, can I have two murals?

bartoni33 said:

Looks like since the other doom and gloom thread was locked this one will go downhill fast.

On topic: I still think throwing $1k+ at a wall fixture for a company that has an almost 100% online presence is utterly disgraceful IF ANY BACKER MONEY WAS INVOLVED (Caps for relevance).

While I personally don't have a problem with it it seems some people do and I cannot argue that. 

But as you highlighted, IF is a big and important word here and seeing as no one can prove anything it is best just to not even bring it up. Let alone state it cost 15k when that not only lacks any evidence but is also undeniably refuted but the numerous links to companies that do such artwork for as little as $300.

My problem here isn't IF it is suitable or IF the money used might POSSIBLY have been backers money but the outright LIE that kicked the entire conversation off in the first place. 

goobsnews said:
    OK you got me. 

They don't exist. 

The entire thread started because an inferior game designer let his jealousy get in the way of just letting bygones be bygones and instead started an entire hate filled campaign to smear the name his rival because in the cold light of day the entire back catalog of his previous works isn't even close to being as good as what is currently being made at CIG. 

If it wasn't for those damn kids I could have go away with it too!!!
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    bartoni33 said:

While I personally don't have a problem with it it seems some people do and I cannot argue that. 

But as you highlighted, IF is a big and important word here and seeing as no one can prove anything it is best just to not even bring it up. Let alone state it cost 15k when that not only lacks any evidence but is also undeniably refuted but the numerous links to companies that do such artwork for as little as $300.

My problem here isn't IF it is suitable or IF the money used might POSSIBLY have been backers money but the outright LIE that kicked the entire conversation off in the first place. 

Fair enough.

But wait... are you saying an anti-SC thread might not be truthful?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    goobsnews said:
    Distopia said:
    goobsnews said:

Wow! How did you do that? I wish I could afford to do this! (get it? like the topic, lol) It's funny because it actually proves the so-called "white knight" perspective to some degree. Oh me. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

greeat are we in here advocating that in addition to all the videos that currently are making we want videos of even MORE transparency. Maybe a twitch camera at very desk, hall passes for the bathroom.

to be frank 'communication' is one of the problems with this game as it is, they talk more about doing then they actually do

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    edited March 2016
    Kefo said:

Biotech companies, especially startup biotech companies have trouble affording equipment and materials needed to do the research they want to do. So yes the rules do "magically apply different" because its biotech. I would be extremely pissed off if I invested in a biotech startup and found they wasted some of my money on making the lobby or office look pretty when they should be spending it on the actual research.

And that is why you as far as i can make out does not work in a capacity where you get to make those kind of decisions. 

On a funny side note. I had a friend of mine whom after some investor meetings was told that either he made his place look nicer or the investor would walk because the place did not look professional enough. Now we ofc are not talking about anything near the level of CIG size company or investments (of biotech firms) but still a funny not on the whole garage thing. It all comes down to the personality of the investor or firm... some care only about hard results and some care about the whole package.

But trust me.... If your company can´t even afford a nice reception area... the reception will be a lot frostier as it points towards your company being really in the shits financially. That in turn might hurt you at the negotiations table and might end up with the investor taking more pounds of flesh out of you. 

As for more openness... How about we just tag every employee with a full gopro getup and a gps tracker linked to a webcam and shockbelt... That way Brenics  and DS can put forth 40$ and then take out their hatred on those foul foul people at CIG who seem to be out to get him. 

sounds like a good idea...... not

This have been a good conversation

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    tawess said:
    Kefo said:

Biotech companies, especially startup biotech companies have trouble affording equipment and materials needed to do the research they want to do. So yes the rules do "magically apply different" because its biotech. I would be extremely pissed off if I invested in a biotech startup and found they wasted some of my money on making the lobby or office look pretty when they should be spending it on the actual research.

And that is why you as far as i can make out does not work in a capacity where you get to make those kind of decisions. 

On a funny side note. I had a friend of mine whom after some investor meetings was told that either he made his place look nicer or the investor would walk because the place did not look professional enough. Now we ofc are not talking about anything near the level of CIG size company or investments (of biotech firms) but still a funny not on the whole garage thing. It all comes down to the personality of the investor or firm... some care only about hard results and some care about the whole package.

But trust me.... If your company can´t even afford a nice reception area... the reception will be a lot frostier as it points towards your company being really in the shits financially. That in turn might hurt you at the negotiations table and might end up with the investor taking more pounds of flesh out of you. 

As for more openness... How about we just tag every employee with a full gopro getup and a gps tracker linked to a webcam and shockbelt... That way Brenics  and DS can put forth 40$ and then take out their hatred on those foul foul people at CIG who seem to be out to get him. 

Even better! Why don't we do a crowdfunding campaign to attach Go Pros to CIG employees? I mean there is obviously a market who wants to see that. I mean I don't want to scoop you on it. If you're serious about it, I think it would be a blast to do a KS Campaign for it. If not, can I steal your idea? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:

Even better! Why don't we do a crowdfunding campaign to attach Go Pros to CIG employees? I mean there is obviously a market who wants to see that. I mean I don't want to scoop you on it. If you're serious about it, I think it would be a blast to do a KS Campaign for it. If not, can I steal your idea? 
    well given that members concerned clearly want to see MORE high production videos descrbing to people what is going on I think we need gopro plus more production on video editing.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    tawess said:
    Kefo said:

No lol I am not a Venture Capitalist but I know biotech and startup biotech. An investor wont be looking for the whole package for a way to recreate Islet cells, they just want you to recreate the damn cells. They will always be more interested in the research because that is how the money is made. If an investor walks into your biotech startup and sees thousands to tens of thousands spent on your lobby and office they will rip you a new one for asking them for money to continue your research when you are wasting money in areas that don't count.  Maybe people are getting confused on what a startup biotech actually is and this is leading to some strange remarks?

Now actual tech firms, I can agree that a nice lobby/office goes a long way to securing more capital if that is what you are looking for. I'm sure your friend was told to make the place look nicer for their investor but that was probably a different industry.
  • Broken.ArrowBroken.Arrow Member UncommonPosts: 84
    It takes a low IQ`d shill to spin the word "investment" into "profit". 
    But it takes an ultra special degree of stupidity to blindly believe that getting crowdFUNDED is the same as making a profit.
    Senior Moron Croberts had a quote here where he said that people were patting him on the back for making money when he got the crowdfunding started....holy shebrew juice.
    This looks like something from one of those ultra specials' handbook...where they take a $100k loan from the bank and blast social media with repeated spam that that they earned a $100k paycheck.

But what's worse in this case is that no bank might send its headhunters after him. Who`ll arrive on his doorstep might literally be a madly enraged horde with literal torches and pitchforks once this shit hits the proverbial fan. What the hell could possess the man to royally rawbumfuq the fans so blindly devoted to him???? Does he not know the most devoted of fan will turn into the most deranged of hater once the illusion shatters?????

As for those who are asking for proof that this came out out the company's funds, I ask you to first give proof that this mural came out of Crobert's private kitty.
    A crowdfunded company using crowdfunded investments on improvements deemed beneficial for said crowdfunded company is more likely that CEO of said company playing a lone private investor for funding said improvements rather than just shuffling crowdfunded investments around to suit his extravagant fancies. 

---

A proud User of [[Adblock Plus]], to block out all the bullshit paid advertisements (also read as "game reviews") spam on mmorpg.com. 

----

I was banned for pointing out the obvious faults in a game 2 months before it released.
    Now after release, repeating the very same words from back then would be like preaching to the choir on this site.
    But it takes an ultra special degree of stupidity to blindly believe that getting crowdFUNDED is the same as making a profit.
    Senior Moron Croberts had a quote here where he said that people were patting him on the back for making money when he got the crowdfunding started....holy shebrew juice.
    This looks like something from one of those ultra specials' handbook...where they take a $100k loan from the bank and blast social media with repeated spam that that they earned a $100k paycheck.

But what's worse in this case is that no bank might send its headhunters after him. Who`ll arrive on his doorstep might literally be a madly enraged horde with literal torches and pitchforks once this shit hits the proverbial fan. What the hell could possess the man to royally rawbumfuq the fans so blindly devoted to him???? Does he not know the most devoted of fan will turn into the most deranged of hater once the illusion shatters?????

As for those who are asking for proof that this came out out the company's funds, I ask you to first give proof that this mural came out of Crobert's private kitty.
    A crowdfunded company using crowdfunded investments on improvements deemed beneficial for said crowdfunded company is more likely that CEO of said company playing a lone private investor for funding said improvements rather than just shuffling crowdfunded investments around to suit his extravagant fancies. 
    Yeah...

Shifting the burden of proof won't work. 

The neutral position is "we don't know how it was paid for or how much it cost". 

Then someone posts that it cost $15,000 of backers money....the 1st positive or negative comment. It is now on that person to prove their statement correct. That person has the burden of proof and the best position to take is the neutral stance of "don't know and until proof is given don't accept anything but don't know". 

Isn't the entire premise of saying they're "selling jpegs" doing just that?

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

Yeah...

Shifting the burden of proof won't work. 

The neutral position is "we don't know how it was paid for or how much it cost". 

Then someone posts that it cost $15,000 of backers money....the 1st positive or negative comment. It is now on that person to prove their statement correct. That person has the burden of proof and the best position to take is the neutral stance of "don't know and until proof is given don't accept anything but don't know". 
    You did see where I got my info from, but I guess you ignored it! Others have linked what they think it cost. Yet you only go to my price, I guess the other guys links were acceptable to you. Whether he paid 300 (think was lowest) to 15k he has no other income so it was backers money. The cost actually isn't the point so yes you may differ with me on price but using backers money for something like this is a waste. 

Few people think it is used for front office to get investors. Problem with that do you really want to show investors how you thru backers money on that? They will have enough problems showing them no actual game. But that is my opinion and I do think it is closer to the truth than what you say. 

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Brenics said:
     he has no other income so it was backers money.
    Speculation. And also highly unlikely.

Have fun
    Brenics said:

You did see where I got my info from, but I guess you ignored it! Others have linked what they think it cost. Yet you only go to my price, I guess the other guys links were acceptable to you. Whether he paid 300 (think was lowest) to 15k he has no other income so it was backers money. The cost actually isn't the point so yes you may differ with me on price but using backers money for something like this is a waste. 

Few people think it is used for front office to get investors. Problem with that do you really want to show investors how you thru backers money on that? They will have enough problems showing them no actual game. But that is my opinion and I do think it is closer to the truth than what you say. 

This really highlights the whole problem with trying to paint it one way or the other, with so many variables anything could be true, no angle is closer to the truth than the next in such a context. 

Say the cost was $300-$500, is that much money to someone making the figures senior guys would be at such a company? Who's to say they didn't pull such an amount or more out of personal funds to reward the studio as whole in such a manner? Fact is, we don't know. Any of these scenarios could be the truth. 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I don't think they did anything morally or legally wrong. 

I do think whoever makes final decisions there lives in a tiny bubble and is an imbecile when it comes to perception and branding.

They need to hire a PR agency, and get charm school for any forward facing executives.

I remember the stupid f#%k heads over at Red5 doing dumb shit like having a bus "built" for Firefall. In the end... Bus > Firefall.

This is what a real beta (or whatever the kids call it these days) looks like.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯