Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Share the first impression on BDO

cassiopeiamicassiopeiami Member UncommonPosts: 11
how do you like bdo,i read an article, it summarized ten early impressions on bdo, and what is your opinion .

Comments

• memow121memow121 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    some days i like it, other days i don't :(
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I love it! There's always so much stuff to do. I imagine it'll get less exciting once I've gotten everything I want, but until then... I'll be struggling with the choice of what to do each time I log on. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    I didn't know much about the game when I purchased. 

I was blown away by it. So much stuff to do, and the amount of freedom. 

For the first time in any mmo, I climb the mountain, look around, see some landmark in the distance and decide to go ans visit. Usually get one shotted by NPC, but still love it :-) 

Definitely recommend this to any mmorpg fan! 
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Blown away. Personally, best MMO since 2008. I get that's not true for everyone tho :), and Daum are beginning to worry me.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    A great change of pace from other MMOs in many ways. And in these days of so many quasi-MMO pretenders, this one is undeniably a full-fledged MMORPG.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• PwltPwlt Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Bizarrely bad ui, so frustrating I can barely get myself to play the game.
    UO, EQ, AC, AO, RM, WOW, AC2, SWG, EQ2, GW2, RIFT, TERA, AA, TSW.
  • carvalho677carvalho677 Member UncommonPosts: 59
    one of the best mmo's I've played in a long time, was losing hopes about mmo's until this one restored it a bit
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 422
    my first impression of bdo, crappy Korean grinder with a severe case of carbon copy characters and publisher greed.
  • derfritzderfritz Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Best MMO since the old goodies like Ultima, EQ, L2... Succedes in being different and has lots of potential to go forward
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    My wife's about to divorce me....that good of a game.
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• An70nyAn70ny Member UncommonPosts: 19
    edited March 2016
    1st impressions.

Crashed a lot, nice char generation, rubbish opening video, wtf is that black thing.

I have a feeling though that it may get better from here on in.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    An70ny said:
    1st impressions.

Crashed a lot, nice char generation, rubbish opening video, wtf is that black thing.

I have a feeling though that it may get better from here on in.
    It's OK to hate that goofy black spirit, even those of us who like the game despise it... although I must say when it gave me 9.4 million in gold bars around level 37 or so, it started to grow on me.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    edited March 2016
    I can't stop making beer and getting my slaves to do everything. I feel bad, but good at the same time.
  • JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I had a hard time getting into the game at first. Then I gave up on the questgrind and started to try out drafting/cooking/gathering/etc with a little questing sprinkled in. After that the game really grew on me and I love it now. My main (a witch) is stuck at lvl 26 atm since I am running around the world taming horses  =)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I really like the game, I also really like the Black Spirit.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    I like the game very much, it is beautiful to look at but does have some issues with lag, and I have been kicked a few times with server disconnects. There is a LOT to do in the game and I like that you can do whatever you like, not just combat and the never ending grind.
    I do think that as you level you can run into issues with gaps in the leveling where you do have to stop and grind a few levels  (Around 21, and 32 I have found so far)
    I love the character creator.

Overall I would give this an 8.5
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    Total piece of crap. You don't play the game, it plays you with auto pathing and basically no story at all. Combat is bland as shit too. B&S combat is better and i hate that game too. The black thing is a game killer. Worse than Navi from Zelda: Ocerena of Time. UI is a jumbled mess. You will, literally, spend hours finding hidden UI elements and such. This game panders to the lazy gamer who, literally, wants everything handed to them. In order to die you have to just stand still but, that's not even enough. Graphics are a million times better in FF and ESO. Controller support sucks too. Worst ever. The voice acting, what little there is, is atrocious. The localization is off the chain fucked up real bad. All in all, it's just ArchAge 2.0, you know, you can't do shit without those action points. You gain them every 3 or whatever minutes so, might as well keep the game up 24/7 if you want to craft or gather or really do ANYTHING. Waste of time. If you want to play BDO to it's fullest and enjoy the game, delete any games you have and make BDO the only game you play. I play FF, Marvel Heroes, ESO, and SWTOR. I had to quit all those games to get enjoyment or fulfillment out of the game for 2 weeks. Yes, you want to get the most out of the game, keep BDO up 24/7 and quit every other games you might be playing. Action points. Don't regen offline. Just my opinion.
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    I found BDO overly complicated in a bad way. The convoluted nature of it's presentation, didn't drive me to want to understand the systems. If the systems weren't engaging me, I didn't have to will to spend the time to embrace them.

Coming from many years of playing AA, I was very interested in trying a new sandbox based MMO. Unfortunately, I hated the automation, automated pathing and the fact that most of the sandbox features are either mini-games or done AFK. The game to me feels like a hardcore themepark with some sandbox features bolted on. I hate questing and usually avoid it but seemed to be a huge focus in the game and the fact that I have to talk to every damn NPC to unlock dialog is the complete opposite of my play style.

While I felt the graphics were nice, they were way too saturated and there was far too much going on and often found myself struggling to see objects among all the other assets and animations.

In a nutshell, BDO is not for me and in contrast to AA I felt that the complex systems in AA are far more interesting and compelling to me and drove me to WANT to learn them. In addition, I feel the sandbox features of AA are far more engaging and lends to much longer term playability to me.

• MixmastaMixmasta Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I never made it past character creation. Once I found out all the classes I wanted to play forced me to pretend I was little girl, I quit. I should have read more about it before buying I guess.  
  • caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Mixmasta said:
    I never made it past character creation. Once I found out all the classes I wanted to play forced me to pretend I was little girl, I quit. I should have read more about it before buying I guess.  
    I absolutely do not get the problem with this

For the OP it's a fantastic and I confirm every statement before mine.  There is just so much to do!!!!!

It won't be everybody's cup of tea, but for the first time in about 5 years I am hooked on a mmo.

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

• MixmastaMixmasta Member UncommonPosts: 4
    caine6621 said:
    Mixmasta said:

For many people, part of enjoying themselves in an RPG is immersing themselves in the character. You get to be the character for a while.  It's not just about pressing a required number of keystrokes to win a pixel prize. When you play enough you get to identify with the character and the world they live in. They're challenges and victories are yours for a couple of hours while you play. It's one of the reasons people find character customization so important, or why they will spend a ridiculous amount of time grinding for some piece of equipment that has only aesthetic value.

I can't immerse myself in a game as a little girl. I can't identify with that character. I can't BE them.

I understand that you can and that's OK, but it's not for me, and that's my true first impression.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Probably not the best site too ask this question OP,  too many trolls and haters at this site.

IMO best mmorpg game on the market to date.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Mixmasta said:
    caine6621 said:
    Mixmasta said:

For many people, part of enjoying themselves in an RPG is immersing themselves in the character. You get to be the character for a while.  It's not just about pressing a required number of keystrokes to win a pixel prize. When you play enough you get to identify with the character and the world they live in. They're challenges and victories are yours for a couple of hours while you play. It's one of the reasons people find character customization so important, or why they will spend a ridiculous amount of time grinding for some piece of equipment that has only aesthetic value.

I can't immerse myself in a game as a little girl. I can't identify with that character. I can't BE them.

I understand that you can and that's OK, but it's not for me, and that's my true first impression.

Well, you might not be able to "be" the character, but you can stare at her ass.  Most of what you look at with your character in any MMO is their butt, so it's not necessarily a bad thing to play a chick character.  That's why I like to make chick characters, anyway.

Plus, these are role-playing games.  Role-playing games are cool cause they let you be someone else.  That's kind of the point.

I'm not saying you're insecure in your masculinity or anything, but I'd suggest giving it a shot, if not in BDO, then some MMO.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Jeleena said:
    I had a hard time getting into the game at first. Then I gave up on the questgrind and started to try out drafting/cooking/gathering/etc with a little questing sprinkled in. After that the game really grew on me and I love it now. My main (a witch) is stuck at lvl 26 atm since I am running around the world taming horses  =)
    This except change 26 for 32 lol :)

OP this was my original post from abotu 10 days ago. http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6895891#Comment_6895891
    Still lot of sticks true. but as you will see i wrote this at about level 20, that was 12 days ago, and yes ive been in the game for 12-18 hours over bank holiday weekend and 6 hours a night during week..
    Im doing maybe 3/4 quests a day that are not crafting ones, rest of time im horse taming / training / breeding / cooking etc... 

love it... and damn i got that into horse taming i bought one of the horse outfits that i died with some of my dye... way i look at it as its my main profession it makes sense to get the bonuses
    #
    see picture of my current horse here.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Its great and quite different from all the mmos I have played. It feels like a living breathing world, rather than just a game. It is quite complex and deep, has almost a strategy game feel at times, one of the best combat systems I have played in an mmo, and looks absolutely stunning.

It would probably be my perfect mmo if the pvp wasn't heavily gear based.