Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Accuratly Actual Real "Problem" With The Division

SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562

these thread title's are dumb.

This game is win and if you don't like it don't play it.

Patch came out on ps4 yesterday and I'm sure more tweaks are coming.

Comments

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    While I agree the game is win, I don't mind these "problem" threads at all because a). The game isn't perfect b). The game isn't for everyone and c). The complaints usually bring into focus why like the game in spite of the criticisms. Most of the time, the criticisms are either interesting but ultimately untrue, or true but uninteresting. (i.e. a cavil) 
  • KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited March 2016

I played the beta and never cared since.
  • SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562

oh I was just playing with the goofy titles they keep posting. my only gripe I can think of is that I didn't know bad guys scale with your character. so you can't wtf pown mobs in DZ01

• KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172

oh I was just playing with the goofy titles they keep posting. my only gripe I can think of is that I didn't know bad guys scale with your character. so you can't wtf pown mobs in DZ01

Ya..those titles are dumb.  
  • dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Once I got my firearms and stamina to 2,000+ and got a nicely talented level 30 AUG, soloing DZ01 became easy. Even the named bosses go down in a single clip with the right skill combo. Level 31 and 32 mobs though are, still quite a challenge.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Level 30 and 31 golds become somewhat easy once you're geared properly.

In response to my thread title,  if you read the actual thread, you'd understand what I meant.  My posts are meant to bring interest into the game despite the issues -- but as with many of my posts, I have good posts that point to the things the game does right,  and I run down the issues the game has as well.

Why?  Because a lot of people who come to this site are wondering what state the game is in.  While they could hit a review.. lets be honest... the reviewers rarely hit on specific issues throughout the evolution of the game.

My newest thread details the exact issues that have happened after the latest patch, as well as some additional information about the problems with the actual stats in the game. If you aren't aware of these issues as a current player @Sirmatthias then perhaps you're selling yourself a tad short when creating your builds.

In response to my thread title,  if you read the actual thread, you'd understand what I meant.  My posts are meant to bring interest into the game despite the issues -- but as with many of my posts, I have good posts that point to the things the game does right,  and I run down the issues the game has as well.

Why?  Because a lot of people who come to this site are wondering what state the game is in.  While they could hit a review.. lets be honest... the reviewers rarely hit on specific issues throughout the evolution of the game.

My newest thread details the exact issues that have happened after the latest patch, as well as some additional information about the problems with the actual stats in the game. If you aren't aware of these issues as a current player @Sirmatthias then perhaps you're selling yourself a tad short when creating your builds.
    I don't care about your post. I am aware of the issues as a current player. your reviews are clickbait meant to see what the "real problem" is with a game that's doing fine without you. you "could" go over to Ubisoft and post your reviews in the actually games forums so you could receive all your praise you so badly need.

What he was overlooking is the fact if your between the levels of 11-29 the mobs have a advantage. which I am still only level 23 and taking my sweet ass time in The Division

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    edited March 2016
    The real problem with the Division is that I have to go to work, and as such, can't stay home and tool around in the Dark Zone all day.

Pro-tip: try and get as much scavenging as possible once you hit 30! I am sitting at like 98% increased scavenging, which makes you more likely to get loot drops, and when I go to the DZ I fill my 9 slot DZ bag in like 10 minutes with purples, I got a yellow on my first named kill, overall spent an hour or so in the DZ and extracted like 25 purple and yellow items lol.

I don't care about your post. I am aware of the issues as a current player. your reviews are clickbait meant to see what the "real problem" is with a game that's doing fine without you. you "could" go over to Ubisoft and post your reviews in the actually games forums so you could receive all your praise you so badly need.
    Getting people to read a thread is part of it.  That's why people chained off of it.  I also post on the division reddit, and on the reddit Massive Employees actually post and request information like this.  They see that information much more than they do here, and other players do too.  It's not about praise, it's about giving people information... people like yourself that have no clue what the real problems ARE with the game.

With that being said  It's clear you DON'T know what the problems with the game are.. you're "taking your sweet ass time" so you likely didn't realize that at max level how imbalanced things were -- how many players have exploited the system, and the actual issues of progression on a poorly planned system that Massive is actually changing based on feedback of people like ME not people like you. I have 4 characters total across 2 systems.  1 level 30 ad DZ rank 51,  1 level 19 with DZ rank 32 and 2 level 14s., so I've done it both ways.  I've leveled to max level in 2 days with full completion, and I have characters leveling up going through every single mission and side mission, and hitting darkzones at the top of each bracket too.

Complain all you like about the thread titles. It's important that everyone gets to know what the issues are currently, not just people that are in game right now.  I'm in a position to provide this information.  I know more than you.

heerobya said:
    The real problem with the Division is that I have to go to work, and as such, can't stay home and tool around in the Dark Zone all day.

Pro-tip: try and get as much scavenging as possible once you hit 30! I am sitting at like 98% increased scavenging, which makes you more likely to get loot drops, and when I go to the DZ I fill my 9 slot DZ bag in like 10 minutes with purples, I got a yellow on my first named kill, overall spent an hour or so in the DZ and extracted like 25 purple and yellow items lol.
    At 30 purples definitely become commonplace.  Once you're at level 30 rank 30, and have a solid gold weapon and a couple solid gold slots of armor, it makes more sense to bypass the majority of purples that you find.  Every level 30 case drops purples and DZ key chests can drop gold items somewhat regularly.

I've recently created a boss circuit around the ice rink and with a scavenging of 20% I still get 1 - 3 gold drops an hour.  

Picking up purples is okay,  but if you extract every purple you get, you're going to fill your stash up and have to go clear it out every 15 minutes.  

Protip:  Pick up purples that you don't care if you lose.  When you die by another player or an enemy you only drop 3 public items and the rest stays as a private loot drop.  The more items you have in your inventory the less of a chance you have of dropping the loot you really want (gold items).  So say you have a gold drop you really want to keep and it's the first item you got on a drop,  keep fighting mobs and pick up greens and blues before you extract just in case you die -- you may get lucky and the gold items will still drop as private :)  

on a side note,  you lose more public items if you're rogue and depending on your rogue level.

@maskedweasel ;

That definitely makes sense, I'm just saying as a fresh 30 look for items with high scavenging as you can quickly replace all of your level 27-29 purples with higher stat level 30 purples and yellows.

Obviously once you are at that point you should dial back the scavenging %.
    @heerobya well played sir.

Getting people to read a thread is part of it.  That's why people chained off of it.  I also post on the division reddit, and on the reddit Massive Employees actually post and request information like this.  They see that information much more than they do here, and other players do too.  It's not about praise, it's about giving people information... people like yourself that have no clue what the real problems ARE with the game.

With that being said  It's clear you DON'T know what the problems with the game are.. you're "taking your sweet ass time" so you likely didn't realize that at max level how imbalanced things were -- how many players have exploited the system, and the actual issues of progression on a poorly planned system that Massive is actually changing based on feedback of people like ME not people like you. I have 4 characters total across 2 systems.  1 level 30 ad DZ rank 51,  1 level 19 with DZ rank 32 and 2 level 14s., so I've done it both ways.  I've leveled to max level in 2 days with full completion, and I have characters leveling up going through every single mission and side mission, and hitting darkzones at the top of each bracket too.

Complain all you like about the thread titles. It's important that everyone gets to know what the issues are currently, not just people that are in game right now.  I'm in a position to provide this information.  I know more than you.

so what your saying is we should really take advice from someone that plays this extreamly over and beyond what a "normal" person would. hell you have 4 characters in the game which is insane. in statistics , you sir, are a outlier and therefor we should note that your issues with the game will not be realized but the vast majority of casual gamers.

Have fun elitist.

and by the way if you wanted to inform people on The Division you could have just created a "current issues/bugs/concern thread and just stayed in it. and not blatantly make multiple threads spreading your post everywhere so you can feel like the goto guy.
  • corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    edited March 2016

so what your saying is we should really take advice from someone that plays this extreamly over and beyond what a "normal" person would. hell you have 4 characters in the game which is insane. in statistics , you sir, are a outlier and therefor we should note that your issues with the game will not be realized but the vast majority of casual gamers.

Have fun elitist.

I have played around 160hrs now, i have 2 characters (one is 30/DZ35 and one is 14/DZ0)  and helped alot of players to reach 30 (so in other words didnt got anything for it besides some low lvl items), by joining up with them and learning them the ins and outs on what to do or what they better cant do, lots of my friends have around the same time spend in this game, so i think we arent in the minority at all.

And btw what better way for devs to learn about a game then listening to players that have lots of time spend ingame and knows alot of it (outside DZ and inside ofc.), if they listen to to ones that arent even max lvl they will never fix end-game stuff.

The developers are going to a mmo rpg site to look up reviews on how to fix they're supposed broken game(which it isn't)?...really man? if a developer was going to listen to a player that wanted to offer opinions/errors/frustrations you would think a somewhat smart player would goto ubisoft forums to post and not repost the same rhetoric that is found on multiple sites.

If your creating multiple alts for the game as well , I would hardly call it having "Real Problems" if you liked it so much to create 3 additional alts. I would call it a success. also nothing is ever perfect
    I definitely don't understand the idea of alts in this game?

Do they share the same stash? 

Could you then do the daily missions multiple times for more phoenix credits? Buy more gear & share it?

If not, what's the point? Not like there are classes or races or alternate story lines or anything.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    heerobya said:

Could you then do the daily missions multiple times for more phoenix credits? Buy more gear & share it?

If not, what's the point? Not like there are classes or races or alternate story lines or anything.
    Yes to all 3 questions. That is the benefit of having an alt. Also it's nice having a character separate from your main to go rogue with in the dz.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    If your creating multiple alts for the game as well , I would hardly call it having "Real Problems" if you liked it so much to create 3 additional alts. I would call it a success. also nothing is ever perfect
    Edit button...find it...use it...please.

No need for a new post every time you forgot to add something. Post count really means nothing here. Just makes it take longer for others to read forums, to have these double posts with add on thoughts.

Calling another poster out for "spreading posts"....while posting multiple times a few minutes apart back to back....think that is called ironic?
    heerobya said:

Yes to all 3 questions. That is the benefit of having an alt. Also it's nice having a character separate from your main to go rogue with in the dz.
    Ah thanks! I was wondering why a few of my buddies were leveling up alternate agents.
    heerobya said:
    heerobya said:

Ah thanks! I was wondering why a few of my buddies were leveling up alternate agents.
    Some people also roll alts to go back and play in the bracketed PvP areas as the level 30 area can be somewhat unforgiving with high geared, high level players -- some of which just looking to troll will try and get you to flag on them so they can attack you.  You can work your way towards level 50 DZ rank on an alt starting on the top level for the first bracket if you want.  XP gain doesn't really scale like that.

It also does make sense in some ways to build an alt up from scratch, as stated you do get alternate credits for running multiple dailies, so while you can't share Credits you can share the gear and items you bought.

and by the way if you wanted to inform people on The Division you could have just created a "current issues/bugs/concern thread and just stayed in it. and not blatantly make multiple threads spreading your post everywhere so you can feel like the goto guy.
     I start new threads for different topics.  I try to stay on those topics.  You don't have to read them. 

Have fun elitist.

Multiple characters for this game doesn't make me elitist.  My max level character was 30 in 2 days, and I barely spent as much time leveling that level 30 as I did getting to 14 on my first character.  I don't see how that makes me elitist but if it does than sure, I'll have fun being an elitist. thanks.

The developers are going to a mmo rpg site to look up reviews on how to fix they're supposed broken game(which it isn't)?...really man? if a developer was going to listen to a player that wanted to offer opinions/errors/frustrations you would think a somewhat smart player would goto ubisoft forums to post and not repost the same rhetoric that is found on multiple sites.

The developers frequent The Division Reddit that I post on as well.  Many more players post the data I have in multiple threads across the whole thing and in response threads to Developers that have requested this information.  I post the information here for other players that come to MMORPG.com to look for news and updates on their games.  

Sirmatthias said:
    If you had read any of my posts which I'm starting to wonder if you have the ability to read, you'd have known that my posts are mostly in a positive light as it's clear that I am enjoying the game.  That doesn't mean that they get a pass on their issues, sorry.  You might be able to overlook these things,  but the constant heals using Rehabilitated, and when Bullet King was an issue, and the multiple exploits and issues, falling through the world and .. many many more,  you're doing more harm than good by just letting them go.   If you want the game to be the best it can, than you need to acknowledge the issues and voice them.