Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite film one liners

2»

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    "You call that a knife? THIS is a knife!" Crocodile Dundee

"Say what one more time mutherfucker!" Pulp Fiction. Actually any line from Pulp Fiction!

"Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life" Animal House

Ringo: "The Fire Brigade once got my head out of some railings."
    John: "Did you want them to?"
    Ringo: "No, I used to leave it there when I wasn't using it for school. You can see a lot of the world from railings." Help!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything" -Tyler Durden, Fight Club

"The world doesn't just disappear when you close your eyes, does it?" -Leonard Shelby, Memento

"Your condescension, as always, is much appreciated, Arthur, thank you." -Eames, Inception

"The trick is to combine your waking rational abilities with the infinite possibilities of your dreams. Because, if you can do that, you can do anything." -Guy Forsyth, Waking Life

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    You hear that Mr. Anderson? ... That is the sound of inevitability.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited March 2016
    Can't think of any. I haven't watched a movie in.... probably a decade or more (except for Beowolf when it came out because i was tricked into going to the cinema). It's just not my thing.

EDIT: well i do have a classic one: "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." That one never gets old. Probably my favorite movie of all time.

• munsil42munsil42 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Big Trouble in Little China:
    Jack Burton: When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    munsil42 said:
    Big Trouble in Little China:
    Jack Burton: When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

I've watched to many niche movie in my life.  I guess that's why I like niche MMOs and games.

Here's one that is not a one liner from Big Trouble in Little China.

Jack Burton: [pointing to Chinese writing on elevator] What does that say?

Wang Chi: [speaks Chinese] Hell of Boiling Oil.

Jack Burton: You're kidding.

Wang Chi: Yeah, I am. It says Keep Out.

Here's a one liner from Jack

Jack Burton: Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."

I always used to say the line the check is in the mail when I was younger.

I was surprised to learn that Kurt Russel enjoyed playing Snake Plissken more than Jack Burton.  Jack seemed like a much more amusing character to me.
  • Falcor87Falcor87 Member UncommonPosts: 10

Chuck Noland: [to Wilson] We might just make it. Did that thought ever cross your brain? Well, regardless, I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean than to stay here and die on this shithole island, spending the rest of my life talking...

[suddenly yelling]

Chuck Noland: ...TO A GODDAMN VOLLEYBALL!

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562

Fight Club

As I pass by you a question of eititque occurs. do I give you the ass or the crotch?

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    "I fart In your general direction"

"Run away... run away"

"The holy hand grenade"

"It's only a flesh would"

"What did the romans ever do for us (Jewish rebels talking).  Roads... they gave us roads.

Besides roads?

Medicine.

Besides medicine and roads?

Education.

Besides....

Oh shut up"

"Bigus.  Bigus Dickus"

I self identify as a monkey.

• whipswordwhipsword Member UncommonPosts: 8
    @GrumpyHobbit "You think this is a democracy? This is a DICTATORSHIP!" from The Host 2013
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856
    edited April 2016
    For some reason this quote from "The Long Hot Summer" (1958) came to my mind first.

"Mr. Quick, I am a human being. Do you know what that means? It means I set a price on myself: a high, high price. You may be surprised to know it, but I've got quite a lot to give. I've got things I've been saving up my whole life. Things like love and understanding and-and jokes and good times and good cooking. I'm prepared to be the Queen of Sheba for some lucky man, or at the very least the best wife that any man could hope for. Now, that's my human history and it's not going to be bought and sold and it's certainly not going to be given away to any passing stranger."

And someone earlier in the thread had a Ringo quote. This one has always been a favorite of mine:

Interviewer: "Are you a mod or a rocker"?

Ringo: "I'm a mocker".

• PrincessPurplePrincessPurple Member CommonPosts: 4

"I wish I knew how to quit you"

Gives me feels every damn time. Brokeback Mountain

• larryp11233larryp11233 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room! 
    - Dr. Strangelove
    lol!
  • larryp11233larryp11233 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    @Amathe one of the coolest lines haha
  • lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Newt: We'd better get back, because it'll be dark soon and they mostly come at night...mostly.
    From Aliens.

lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    lunawisp said:
    Newt: We'd better get back, because it'll be dark soon and they mostly come at night...mostly.
    From Aliens.

Love that film!
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856
    edited April 2016
    Big lol for the Brokeback Mountain one!!!

I've been thinking of another favorite myself. Something like this, from The African Queen.

Bogart: "But Maam, it's only natural for a man to want a drink."
    Hepburn: "Nature, Mr. Allnut, is what we were put on this earth to rise above."
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Southpark  Kenny says

Get your bitch ass in the kitchen and make me a pie.
    Are you onto something or just on something?