Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remind me! 4 weeks - "Insider info; how deep does the rabbit hole go?"

JohnP0100JohnP0100 Member UncommonPosts: 401

Reddit has something called a 'RemindMebot' https://www.reddit.com/r/RemindMeBot/comments/24duzp/remindmebot_info/ It is an improved 'Saved'. Anyway, the below is what's going around in Reddit/Twitter/Facebook. So I thought I'd post it here and see in 4 weeks (similar to how I would have done it on Reddit) how much is right and how much is wrong.

"The industry is a very small place....despite it employing thousands of people world wide , there is only really a small amount that control it and have any real clout. Someone on here , I know who , but no hard feelings whatsoever, pasted some of my more predictive posts on Chaos engine, in an industry only forum where there is much speculation and hilarity from people that really do know what they are talking about. The whole industry is laughing their collective sexual organs off at the whole thing. But there are exceptions. Most noticeably one Evangelical young man who is so brainwashed that he will not hear a word said against CIG, the project or the management. Because of this , much of what is discussed here has circulated among the dev staff. I would say 60% think it hilarious, stick it to them etc. 20% Im sure are shitting themselves in case they have any connection to me and 10% are determined to track me and any other dissenters down like wild beast's, and present our pelt's before the Stimporer and his consort. Thing is they are now running on fumes both figuratively and ideologically. People realize that this is doomed including the press who are contacting people left right and center. I still maintain that this is NOT a scam and even now in the dying days of Rome the brains-trust still really and truly believe that if they show enough shiny JPEGS and trailers for SQ42 then they will get over this and still produce the BDSSE.

Things to look for soon ......

There are 3 trailers . Best one has Craig Fairbrass in he is pretty awesome..one will be released soon. The Stimporer is being selective

Apparently one of the A listers is not happy at all about being associated with this Fuck up and is currently seeking distance. ........a lot of distance .......off grid physics distance.

The animation system is so fucked they have to reshoot mo cap......The budget set aside for this element of the game has over run by 12 times the initial estimate !!

Chris is really pissed about ED I mean really pissed. Its everyone fault but his of course

This forum and any forum that has any SC content is read by paid peons CONFIRMED. To be fair , they do adjust policy (with regards public facing issues ) in response. So..... No more of that fake news report bollocks, more dev interviews etc. This in itself is amazing

Ben is actually in a really bad way. I am not taking the piss here but please remember he is a human being and is clearly in a lot of trouble .

3 ! Yes 3 high profile ship jumpers in the foreseeable.

There have also been some rather explosive conversations behind the scenes with some very disgruntled top tier Wales. there is a genuine concern that these people band together ........

Other than that its business as usual: The Vanduul are up for a rethink by the looks of it as they didn't go across as impressively as was required. Slight concerns about scale/ships are now becoming real panic blockers and the blame game has begun. SQ42 Ep 1 or 10000 will be here next year , late next year .

For anyone that still has money in this, if what they want is a visually impressive but really boring first person dog fighting game running at 3 fps with loads or terrible and I mean fucking terrible cutscenes then sit tight it may still happen and you will be very happy.

Anyone that bought into this for an open world alternate reality where you can roam the verse and be who you want to be, farming and raping and grieifng and parkouring etc . I suggest that you rethink your investment..... and be fucking quick about it

At ease commandos "

Because of my 'Charge Backs' post I talked to a lot of people about Star Citizen; being the 4th link on Google search tends to do that. Based on what I've seen because those interactions, I can confirm the initial part with the 'industry only' forum is legit. Naturally, I think the rest looks pretty legit too. If you don't trust me, that's fine. We'll know in 4 weeks anyway as the trailers come out and whether there are 3 'high profile' exits.

It shows what PvP games are really all about, and no, it's not about more realism and immersion. It's about cowards hiding behind a screen to they can bully other defenseless players without any risk of direct retaliation like there would be if they acted like asshats in "real life". -Jean-Luc_Picard

Life itself is a game. So why shouldn't your game be ruined? - justmemyselfandi

Comments

• JohnP0100JohnP0100 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Reserved for follow up as the exits happen.

It shows what PvP games are really all about, and no, it's not about more realism and immersion. It's about cowards hiding behind a screen to they can bully other defenseless players without any risk of direct retaliation like there would be if they acted like asshats in "real life". -Jean-Luc_Picard

To the mods, people in this 'industry only' forum say that people from this site has access to the forum and the original post. If fanboys/ trolls tries to bury the thread (like the last one I made), I'll just create a copy as this information can be sourced by staff from this site as well.

At least that's what I'm told.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    It will be interesting to see if this guy is legit.  No reason to think either way right now - BUT, it is quite a claim to make and be wrong.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• TorgamaticTorgamatic Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Great more people who want it yesterday. Give it time, rome was not built in a day , and SC will not be either,
  • Boot_legBoot_leg Member UncommonPosts: 28
    edited March 2016
    How many people would you trust with power that you personally know?  After thinking about that how many people would you trust with money?  Money makes nice people with good intentions go coo coo for coco puffs.  Now consider a group of people. 

I have been following the saga that is star citizen.  One of my gamer friends and his buddy have "donated" like $800 or $4000 respectively.  I just don't have the heart to tell him I think the emperor has no clothes.  I never tell him my opinion of the game for fear of bursting his bubble because he has so much hope for the game.  I guess I am conflicted because if I was wasting money I would want a trusted friend to inform me, rather then let me get scammed.  Only time will tell.  =)
    Post edited by Boot_leg on
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Someone posted something on the Internet. It must be true!
    Guess we'll know in 4 weeks.

There's been some more rumblings that is coming from this and the 'A List' actor mentioned is currently being rumored to be Gary Oldman.  Speculation is that someone tweeted some of the more 'colorful' reactions from CIG fans if there's a negative topic of Star Citizen in social media. Due to its toxic nature Gary asked his people to find out more. When his people reported back, Gary decided to put a LOT of distance between himself and SC.

JohnP0100 said:
    Guess we'll know in 4 weeks.
    If only the same logic was applied to the game instead of complaining before it is released. Ho hum.
    I saw my 'charge back' thread being floating around in social media and one of the media account was trying to find the source of that.

I cannot confirm nor deny I pointed that account to my original thread.
    I also cannot confirm nor deny whether my thread had any say in whether that media decided to not run one of their 'Star Citizen' news story the next day.

Yes, the media knows.

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    In the next month there will be some news that can be spun as negative about some game. See! I have insiders too.
    If you all believe in them so much, go buy more ships.
    In the next month there will be some news that can be spun as negative about some game. See! I have insiders too.
    Hence the 'remind me in 4 weeks!'.
    If a trailer has 'Craig Fairbrass', a check that the source is legit.
    If there are 3 high profile exits, another check that the source is legit.

If you are media, no checks required cause you know more than I. Word on the street is that EVERYONE is talking.

Boot_leg said:
    If you don't believe in them so much, just ignore the game. 
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    JohnP0100 said:
    There's been some more rumblings that is coming from this and the 'A List' actor mentioned is currently being rumored to be Gary Oldman. 
    Or he was not too fond of what some people did with his face in "photoshopped" pictures based on the mocap material. Goons may have considered it funny, he maybe did not find it funny. So the toxic posts were coming more likely from the anti-SC crowd.

Personnel fluctuation at a game company is common and nothing unusual. So even if some people are leaving ... that is business as usual. Happens in all the other game companies too all the time and usually does not warrant a special post here.

That CIG is pushing out  trailers, videos and other news (more and more about SQ42) every month is also nothing new and hardly requires the power of precognition. If an SQ42 trailer with Craig Fairbrass is coming soon, i am looking forward to it. That they push out one trailer per month featuring one of the actors from the actor list here (scroll down to page 4 ... Cast)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42

is also nothing new and again does not require precognition. We saw Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, John Rhys Davis and Andy Serkis. Next three on the list are Sophie Wu, Craig Fairbrass (SURPRISE !)  and Liam Cunningham.

Have fun

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i dont think the rabbit has any chance in digging his hole any futher

since his home is stacked with piles of money laying around

question is : 

Does the rabbit actually comes out of his hole with major carrot 
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    This^  I have never seen a more baseless thread on a forum.  I mean I have only been on MMORPG.COM for 13 years, but this one takes the cake.

Hey me too me too, I predict next year a Game will get cancelled.

Wait I feel another one...yes here it is: I predict that several people will complain about a game they have no interest in, no intention of playing, nor do they really know anything about it.

I feel another one...no wait I just need to take a dump.  Which will be far more productive than this asinine thread.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    JohnP0100 said:
    Hence the 'remind me in 4 weeks!'.
    If a trailer has 'Craig Fairbrass', a check that the source is legit.
    If there are 3 high profile exits, another check that the source is legit.

If you are media, no checks required cause you know more than I. Word on the street is that EVERYONE is talking.
    Word on streets. Must be legit.

These anti sc posts re so common the impact is lost now. Every week someone predicts a cr meltdown or they are redoing everything and way over budget. Even if youre 100% correct, people dont care anymore because both sides are so annoying.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    edited March 2016
    Boot_leg said:
    How many people would you trust with power that you personally know?  After thinking about that how many people would you trust with money?  Money makes nice people with good intentions go coo coo for coco puffs.  Now consider a group of people. 

I have been following the saga that is star citizen.  One of my gamer friends and his buddy have "donated" like $800 or $4000 respectively.  I just don't have the heart to tell him I think the emperor has no clothes.  I never tell him my opinion of the game for fear of bursting his bubble because he has so much hope for the game.  I guess I am conflicted because if I was wasting money I would want a trusted friend to inform me, rather then let me get scammed.  Only time will tell.  =)
    Well if you really do consider him a buddy then you should definitely fill him in on all this BS surrounding this failure of a project known as Star Citizen
    Post edited by Deathenger on

Boot_leg said:
    If you don't believe in them so much, just ignore the game. 
    I have no intention of ignoring this game.  I will not give them any money at all till they have a working product because I have no faith in them.  No one remembers Warhammer Online triple AAA +++?

What I take issue with is them scamming money from my friend, and many more hard working poor people.
    edited March 2016
    When these high profile dudes start bailing out of the project the fanbois will just say it's normal, or he wasn't that good anyway. 

The truth always comes out eventually. I cannot wait till it does! 

JohnP0100 said:
    There's been some more rumblings that is coming from this and the 'A List' actor mentioned is currently being rumored to be Gary Oldman.  Speculation is that someone tweeted some of the more 'colorful' reactions from CIG fans if there's a negative topic of Star Citizen in social media. Due to its toxic nature Gary asked his people to find out more. When his people reported back, Gary decided to put a LOT of distance between himself and SC.
    Makes perfect sense. Gary Oldman is a respectable person. I'm sure if he knew of all the BS and drama surrounding this project before hand he would have just took a pass. As far as Mark Hamil is concerned, well it's just another gaming job to him I'm sure.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Rumors have become significantly more interesting to me.
    There were rumors about Diablo 3.. there were rumors about SWTOR..

After some months all those rumors turned out to be true.
    Harbinger of Fools
    Boot_leg said:

What I take issue with is them scamming money from my friend, and many more hard working poor people.
    Based on what evidence and which facts?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    So Chris thinks that advertising and pulling in money is more important then making a playable game.  This has been clear since the second year.  I think he's in way over his head on this one, he's got Trump syndrome where no one can be right but himself.  Combine this with small man syndrome and we have one of the biggest potential disasters in gaming history.  I honestly thought they would at least produce a game but at this point I'm beginning to doubt it.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
This discussion has been closed.