Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Necromancer be a class?

I'm guessing 'Dire Lord' is their version of Shadow Knight, one of my all time favorite classes, but I also loved the Necromancer from EQ1. Is it in there under another name, any word on it? Thanks.

Comments

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    edited March 2016
    Hi Sassy,

I am sure you have seen their classes section on their website: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/#section3 and if mouse over the class name, you can get a class description.

The cleric class had a reveal, we are waiting for information to be released on the other classes (the game is in pre-pre-alpha )

Last I remember hearing about necromancer was in October.  Kilsin, VRI's community manager, posted about the necro in a thread in the Expansion classes section saying "We know how much Bards and Necros are loved, so we will try our best to fit them into our classes, just please don't hate us if we can't, we want the best for the game and for you all but need to balance it properly too! :) " http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2254/i-have-to-ask

So when and if  is up in the air - but they are trying! I have often heard that they want to make sure that they just do not want to throw a class in the game, rather they want to have "it done right" The game is still in its early stages of development. I hope this information is slightly helpful. :)

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Thank you for the response, Zarriya.
  • vorrin5vorrin5 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    I'm pretty sure that in the last live stream that I watched, they said Bard and Necromancer would come after release, but I could be mistaken.
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    vorrin5 said:
    I'm pretty sure that in the last live stream that I watched, they said Bard and Necromancer would come after release, but I could be mistaken.
    Yes, you are correct, Brad said this during our stream, he said "Bard's and Necro's will come after launch" :)
  • RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Brad was just joking tho.

Noone would leave a necromancer out for release. But he almost got me there! ALMOST believed him! ;-)

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• DangerNobuoDangerNobuo Member UncommonPosts: 96
    There is a Summoner class. One would think that it fills the same niche.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Are the classes in this game based off of EQ classes?  Personally I would like to see a wizard palemaster class like DnD.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Am I correct in that the Dire Lord is basically a Shadow Knight?
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Am I correct in that the Dire Lord is basically a Shadow Knight?
    The Dire Lord is a mix between the Shadow Knight (EQ) and the Dread Knight (VG)