Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Night Is Dark And Full Of Lanterns

13»

Comments

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    edited March 2016

Lethality said:

DMKano said:

There is no true darkness outoors, which is what I was taking about. 

There actually is... it's much darker than the Korean version normally, but when a thunderstorm sets in at night, it is pure dark except for lightning flashes.

That said, I've seen it less since launch than I did in the beta. I hope they haven't scaled it back.

Apparently there's a bug on some channels where the sun doesn't set completely, causing brigher nights - I haven't used any lanterns since release due to this it seems.

"Update
    After a quick review this issue seems to be channel specific where the sun does not go down. The issue has been reported, and is awaiting a fix, once the fix is in place we can all return to blindly running into trees at night and wishing we had brought a lantern.

Edited 14 hours ago by CM_Jouska
    "

http://http//forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/45617-dark-nights-whered-they-go/&page=1
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Impmon said:

Everquest did this in the 90's its nothing new.

If your race didn't have night vision in some form you were blind at night and required a lantern or torch in your inventory at all times. Most people obtained greater light stones from wisps that never wore out like torches.

My troll shadowknight had infravision which gave living objects a reddish hue, dark elves had ultravision which allowed them to see at night. My friend played a human and quit because he couldn't see anything and got lost at night.

Black Desert Online looks like a guildwars 2 clone.

No sir, the two games are only alike in that they're both B2P MMO's.
    BDO has far more in common with Lineage 2.

And the article isn't saying that the dark nights are new, it's pointing out that it's meaningful; something that the vast majority of MMO's either don't do or do poorly when they try. Not even EQ nights are like BDO. When the sun sets in BDO it actually has an impact in the world. NPC's go about their day and will close up shop or head home at night. Mobs get tougher and award more xp. It's not just a visual change.
  • nightwriternightwriter Member UncommonPosts: 30

toolak said:

I'm sure the griefers and exploiters will find an add on or find a setting to adjust to let them see just fine at night. Go watch some gameplay of MWO. In the maps that are dark and or vision impairing plenty of ppl have tweaks to let them see just as if it were a day game mode without having to rely on night vision or thermal vision.

I just bought a new monitor that has a 'Game' mode. The description says "Brings out dark, hard-to-see areas while leaving well-lit portions untouched - allowing you to see opponents lurking in obscure corners" lol.

I have no intention of using it. I actually like the night time the way it is in BDO. Plus, enabling game mode makes the colors look faded.
  • SpiraldeathSpiraldeath Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I really like how night and day works in BDO it's different gives the game an eb and flow feel, I will be out questing and it's getting dark so I head back to town do some crafting, get my workers drunk, hand in quests, set an auto path for my toon or horse go grab a drink and take a leak.

As some one else said the sunrise and sunset is just sublime...

I am really liking this game so far and that hasn't been the case with me for any other mmo I have tried over the years other then WoW and Rift.

For anyone thinking about trying this game all I can say is take your time don't rush enjoy the ride, don't be afraid to get side tracked for a few days crafting something or chasing horses in the hills. I am only 22 and have been playing all week so not sure how the end game feels but am enjoying it immensely so far.

Only real gripe is that cash shop is expensive, but with that said take a look at WoW Pet's $11 Mounts $27.50 Appearance change $16.50... It's comparable price wise to other games.

At the very worst BDO is going to give me something completely different to do until Legion comes out.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    fed79 said:
    Western ones value fairness more.
    ROFL... Western customers don't care about fairness unless they are the one's on the short end of the stick.  They play the OP classes, race to max level, deck themselves out in BiS gear, hotkey and macro their interface down to the nano-second, and generally upgrade their systems whenever some new hardware comes out just to eek out the best possible performance they can.

Westerners only care about winning... fairness has nothing to do with it.  Fairness is the "I showed up" Award.