Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EN Founders' Packs Include MONTHS of Early Access

2»

Comments

• CaeruleiCaerulei Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited March 2016
    Honestly, 3 months of headstart might be worth buying. I've never cared for days of headstart, but months!? That's awesome. Might be getting my copy. So many buy to play and pay to play games go f2p eventually anyway, this is just more publicly transparent. Free to players can wait 3 months. Also, $50 is a normal game price, so I'm fine with it.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    *watches some vids*  ....yea, okay, maybe I'll buy into this one.  It looks fast-paced and it's more action-RPG-ish than I thought it'd be.
  • chukekle1chukekle1 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    3 entire months, this is an obvious cash grab and shows this company is all about the money and not the playerbase itself, they basically are saying we got the game done already but if you dont pay you get to wait 3 months so we can milk the playerbase, i could see a few weeks even a month but 3 entire months on a game that is obviously ready to play, just image how the cash shop is going to be if this is their tactic right out of the gate
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    So part of this is being done to cut down on bots. Good proactive approach.

"Founder's Server: Exclusive Access is scheduled to be sold from March 16th, but it is subject to change depending on the timing of Steam's authorization.

We’ve come up with this initial access to prevent numerous Bot Accounts from the early stages of service and to provide a stable in-game environment to our users.

Furthermore, the TOS English version will contain various customized contents that won’t be seen in the Korean version.
    We will continuously develop or make changes on various contents specifically for the TOS English Version so we hope everyone knows about this in advance. (*Please refer to notices and precautions below.)

We’ve requested review for the exclusive access to Steam and sales will commence as soon as Steam authorizes it.

We will continuously update you with the future status.

Thank you.

[Notices and Precautions when purchasing 'Founder's Server: Exclusive Access']
    - The users from territories where we have local partners will be restricted from purchasing from the Steam Store and login to the English server.
    - The following territories will be restricted. “Korea/Japan/Taiwan/Indonesia/China”
    - As for Taiwan, we will make a separate announcement soon.
    - The composition of items at the TP shop and their prices may differ from the Korean version.
    - Maximum 5 TP can be accumulated free of charge. 1 TP will be recharged every 4 hours.
    - Some contents, character balance, etc may differ from the Korean version.
    - The number of Worlds that will be opened will depend on the number of initial users online.
    - When the game service goes into Free to Play (June 19th), the new worlds might be added accordingly."
    I understand your approach, but while I did want to try this game out, I will not be participating as I do not like your method of funding.  Good luck with your game, There are a lot better mature games that can occupy my time instead of your half finished one.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    So this article should not have been with the newsletter dated March 19 as the information in it is totally incorrect at this time. They changed the whole plan due to players writing in about the way they were going to do the three month plan. This was changed before the newsletter was sent out.

Now it is a one month plan with three tiers, the lowest tier is $9.99 and gives you access the same time as the other tiers. You can look at the different tiers on steam if you are interested in the game. And if you don't want to do a upfront support for the game it will open up f2p in June.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Warlyx said:
    so instead of releasing the game already they prefered to sell early acess? ...3 months? come on now :( , the game is fun and enjoyable and has potential but dont like how its starting ¬¬
    Really the money grabs now are just ridiculous....I doubt I even look at this when it collapses and is free.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    edited March 2016
    Warlyx said:
    so instead of releasing the game already they prefered to sell early acess? ...3 months? come on now :( , the game is fun and enjoyable and has potential but dont like how its starting ¬¬
    Really the money grabs now are just ridiculous....I doubt I even look at this when it collapses and is free.

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/38817/Founders-Pack-Issue-Solved-Steam-Packs-Go-On-Sale.html

Paying $10 is such a money grab. Screw all those horrible companies that want to make money! Damn them all!

Also, it's already free you just have to wait a additional month. No "collapse" pending.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    And this thread is proof my friends why game companies keep doing this....

75% of the posters in this thread are basically saying there willing to pay 50$ for early access....

Not to single out TOS but it just goes to show you people will pay for anything and as long as they do game companies will keep doing EA for money....
    I have always looked at most games, even on release, as Early Access. (Assassin's Creed Unity) Look how many games come out that are buggy, broken or just plain do not play as intended. The MMO genre is notorious for this. Bad launches. Yet people would buy the box and pay the sub. Early Access is just what it is called now to avoid being flamed when things do not work. They always have the option now to say "Well it is Early Access"
    I bought Grim Dawn in 2014. It just released this year. It was a mess at times but came out solid and is a great game. I was part of that process. I paid for Early Access and the game is awesome.  

This helps the developer out. I support companies that may not have the budget behind them that many others do.

Tree of Savior? This game is awesome. I have played it. I will pay to support it.
    If there is no character reset in an mmorpg that game is launched no matter what publishers wish to call it. Early access for grim dawn was for a game in development, this is for a game that has finished development, its nothing alike.

I think its better if we criticize things for what they are instead of making up all sorts of excuses based on what publishers wish to call the current stage. If your game is 2 years away from release its alright if things look flawed, if you launch next month very little will change.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Damn it,... I just purchased BDO on Saturday.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!