Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Loses a Writer, Original Diablo Game Pitch Revealed - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzard Loses a Writer, Original Diablo Game Pitch Revealed - MMORPG.com News

A pair of interesting news items with regard to a pair Blizzard Entertainment's most iconic stars surfaced over the weekend.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    So many people leaving Blizzard in the last few months. I wouldn't go so far as say Sinking Ship... but if you're a fan of tea leaves, I'm seeing an ill omen at the bottom of this cup.
  • Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Working for the same company for 22 years is significant so I wouldn't read too much into this single departure.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    every one leaving after joining activision :p
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

umcorian said:

So many people leaving Blizzard in the last few months. I wouldn't go so far as say Sinking Ship... but if you're a fan of tea leaves, I'm seeing an ill omen at the bottom of this cup.

I dont think so, for me its simply they have been burned out standing on the same spot for years.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    Reading the design document was interesting. Seems it was originally going to be turn based and hardcore mode was the only mode (if your character dies in game, dead forever.)
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    'Diablo will be art-intensive. We intend for the game to operate in Super VGA mode (640x480 pixels).'

Along with the small size of the initial team, eleven in total, and just one year development... Times have really changed. Interesting read. Especially since it turned out quite a bit different.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Avarix said:
    'Diablo will be art-intensive. We intend for the game to operate in Super VGA mode (640x480 pixels).'

Along with the small size of the initial team, eleven in total, and just one year development... Times have really changed. Interesting read. Especially since it turned out quite a bit different.

Whaaaaat????? SVGA????? *BOOM* Mind..... Blown..... :)

I vote for Diablo 1 in Monochrome :) 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Guess he got tired of having to wade though the giant pool of hundred dollar bills to get to his office.
    Hey you make fun of that but that's pretty ignorant of you, that's a very serious condition!!! I wish I knew before it ruined my life, I wish someone had told me >.<
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited March 2016
    its a healthy departure 'clearly' dont make it something it isnt- and that goes for others who have recently left- they went to venture other interests.

thats a great thing!
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    The real "talent" has been leaving Blizzard since Activision came to the scene. They simply throw money at stuff now and it looks cool - but the real creative heart and guts has been gone for awhile; how many time traveling loops and rehashed characters in WoW now? Inc "You're not prepared 2.0". I was once a fanboy until they stopped adhering to the "Blizzard polish" that made me love them so.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Really sad story,Blizzard has such great story telling too....roflmao,will be missed like an empty vending machine that is out of Snicker's bars.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.