Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supporter Early Access to Begin April 30th

2»

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited March 2016
    I'm not gonna buy into a game that is not finished, especially a game that hasn't shown us much yet! LOL

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    Tokken said:
    I'm not gonna buy into a game that is not finished, especially a game that hasn't shown us much yet! LOL
    And that's why the Early Access is 100% optional. It's there for folks who *do* want to get involved early on in the entire pre-alpha, alpha, and beta process, to grow with the community. 

Everyone else can wait until 2018 when the game is already out to make their purchase :) 
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon
  • TheRabidsmurfTheRabidsmurf Member UncommonPosts: 146
    All i read was Ren being upfront and himself. The other comments equate to complaints about prices of packages that are also support for the game. Unless you are a ftp only player you may have sunk money into a early access game. Understanding some people are willing to support a game with loads o monie and be compensated is also apart of not being a jealous, raging mad, and/or entitled child. Seriously, people make games as a business. The saga guys are doing this be cause they want this game too, but nuffin is free. P.S. looking forward to apr 30th
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    edited March 2016
    I am glad to see him be upfront with everyone, he is right, if you don't like it leave. No one is forcing you to buy anything.
    All i read was Ren being upfront and himself. The other comments equate to complaints about prices of packages that are also support for the game. Unless you are a ftp only player you may have sunk money into a early access game. Understanding some people are willing to support a game with loads o monie and be compensated is also apart of not being a jealous, raging mad, and/or entitled child. Seriously, people make games as a business. The saga guys are doing this be cause they want this game too, but nuffin is free. P.S. looking forward to apr 30th
    The 30th is gonna be a blast :) 

wesjr said:
    I am glad to see him be upfront with everyone, he is right, if you don't like it leave. No one is forcing you to buy anything.
    You, sir, deserve a medal! 
    Warlyx said:
    All tiers from 500 to 4,000 dollars include a lifetime sub to the game of only 5 dollars a month

so is going to be p2p?
    You can also find out more about our philosophies behind why we're a monthly sub game here, at the FAQ page. 

https://sagaoflucimia.com/game/faq
    Wizbuiz said:
    LOL agree, We gotta rewind this path we are going down as clients and customers, "Pay to play, before the game is made,, The reversed world! Make a product, offer it, ill evaluate the quality AND THEN DECIDE. We like you'r ideas guys, but if you really want to make it, eat baked beans, live in a trailer and work 24/7 and make your game without pay, if you dont have the liquidity to take a loan in the bank, or want to share you'r stocks with an investor. Welcome to the real world boys.
    Thankfully we don't have you as a business manager, or we'd all be starving artists :) 

We're all very healthily employed with day jobs that pay our bills, and we're building the game in our spare time. We don't see a dime of the pre-order money that comes in; it's being used for lawyer fees, assets, software, hardware, licensing fees, and convention attendance. 

We've been working for free since 2014, and we'll be working for free until the game launches. 

For more information on how our pre-order money is being used, feel free to read here: https://sagaoflucimia.com/off-the-deep-end
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Looks to be coming along nicely.  Looking forward to seeing this released. 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    This is whats wrong with the genre...We get a game 2 years from possible launch and people are willing to pay alot of money for something they knew little or nothing about.....Good luck with your project but  i wont be donating.
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited March 2016
    This is whats wrong with the genre...We get a game 2 years from possible launch and people are willing to pay alot of money for something they knew little or nothing about.....Good luck with your project but  i wont be donating.

This isn't a money-grab scheme like many of the early-access games (think Trion).  The pre-orders are being exclusively used for overhead.  There is no pressure to order, and the lowest tier is only $40, which was less than my bar tab Friday.  
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    edited March 2016
    What about any of this hurts the genre?  On top of that who the fuck are you to say how people should or shouldn't spend their hard earned money? Are you the worlds accountant? No... No you're not.

If people feel the need to spend the money that they earn on a game that isn't finished because they believe in the product. Then that's their business. Not yours.

If you don't feel the need to buy early access that's great. However, there is no need to tell everyone. Here's a secret. No one cares and because no cares your entire post is irrelevant. 

Good luck with your game @Renfail. I hope it turns out great.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    Throwing moneys in fire seems a better way of investment than these pre pre pre releases XD
    Luck has nothing to do with it. Hard work and consistency wins the day. 

It's not a donation :) It's a pre-order. Big difference. 

They buy in because they in fact DO know quite a lot. We've produced 225+ newsletters and 225+ YouTube videos documenting our progress, as well as numerous Q&As and interviews for players like Theory Forge, Dungeon Crawler Network, and MMORPG.com. 

So while you might not know that much about what we're doing, we've been publicly documenting the process along the way the past two years. 

Dig in and research. You might find something you like! Otherwise, we'll see you in 2018 after we launch!

AngryElf said:
    Looks to be coming along nicely.  Looking forward to seeing this released. 
    Cheers, mate! Still a couple of years ahead of us still, but it's coming along as planned!
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Throwing moneys in fire seems a better way of investment than these pre pre pre releases XD
    Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one. Especially the assholes.
    AngryElf said:

This isn't a money-grab scheme like many of the early-access games (think Trion).  The pre-orders are being exclusively used for overhead.  There is no pressure to order, and the lowest tier is only $40, which was less than my bar tab Friday.  
    This ^ 

Cheers, @AngryElf ;

Hell, a console title runs, what, 70-80 bucks these days? 40 bucks is pocket change in comparison. That's  1999 pricing :) Goes along with our oldschool genre niche as well! 

fodell54 said:

Good luck with your game @Renfail. I hope it turns out great.
    Thanks, @fodell54  :) Everyone's having fun so far, and that's all that matters!