Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

51.5k Prestige.

PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
edited October 2015 in Skyforge
 GAME OVER
Post edited by Pongping on

Comments

• shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    You tell us to not tell you to leave the game but you obviously aren't enjoying it, so why keep playing? I hit the wall in the 1st week and never looked back.
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    i enjoyed it as long as i had enough of all sparks and no caped limits.

i would still enjoy it if the russians would change their horrible "We Limit everything" mentality

the game itself is awesome or i would not have played to almost 28k Prestige

Its all about these horse and bullcrap Limits they put into the game which ruin a good flow when you get close to them. 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    All games have their restrictions. Daily quests are daily, gear scores gating content, quests gating content, raids gating content. Time may not have been the best idea but its the same thing. Fact is, once you reach cap you can still progress your char. Only question is the rest of the game fun enough for you to keep playing when you are not progressing you sparks? Given time you will cap all classes but will you quit then? Or do you like the content? If you like the content, just play and stop running to just one goal. Like I said, there are other things to do other then sparks. 
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Although I am certain developers find it gratifying that players are enjoying their game, there comes a point in time in which they would like players to show their appreciation by "contributing" toward that effort.  At some point there has to be a built in incentive to "encourage" players to pay for premium service in order to advance.  They make it easier at the onset in an effort to hook you but once you are hooked and enjoying the game their ultimate goal is that you will subscribe.  Contrary to the belief of some players, the development of these games cost money.  Developers don't design and release these games so that you can play for free indefinitely.  If you are enjoying the game and would like to continue playing there comes a point in time in which it may be a fair exchange to begin paying the piper.        

edited September 2015
    i have Premium since day one and stillhave 12 days left.

Money wont give me Class Sparks either. Money doesnt solve my problem.

Strange but well.....

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Most people who wanted to support the game started with the founders pack and starter pack. Which came with a lot of premium access.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited September 2015
    Pongping said:
    i have Premium since day one and stillhave 12 days left.

Money wont give me Class Sparks either. Money doesnt solve my problem.

Strange but well.....

Aren't you supposed to be able to work on your Order after you cap sparks? You can also run group content for class sparks (and fun?). Or maybe take a couple days off and play something else?

I don't know, honestly, because I don't even have 7k prestige yet and I'm still working on my starter paladin. Just wondering about the Order development stuff.

edited September 2015
    my order is Rank 12 my adepts level 27-35 some are purple

you can try to find arguements against my problems with the game but wont find any.

i played the game as its meant to be played.

i worked at my Atlas Nodes, Unlocked some classes, leveld my Provinces /Templses/Adepts daily.

around 25k Prestige the game starts to become a tedious grind, either for Order items or better gear which is pretty rare.

if you have unlocked some classes you cant just play and evolve them because you dont have enough class sparks per week to even enjoy that part of the game.

If you just have one class like you Paladin, sure you have enough of every Spark.....

Wait until you have unlocked more classes and want to change between them.

When i only had my Lightbinder as Main i had no problems...

7k Prestige is nothing, you cant even have a serious opinion about the game before you reached the 5th open Region (~12k) which has enemies that one shot you all time..... 

Thats a big problem on many forums i observe, low superhappy Prestige players flame high prestige players for their issues with the game but have not the slightest idea of the game at all...  
  • DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    I will attempt to make one valid point even though you've made it clear that you only want to vent in this forum, and you do not actually want people to post suggestions or any thoughts contrary to your own...

You are so close to opening up the Divine Atlas. Would be a shame to see you get so close to opening up a whole new huge portion of the game, but quit just shy.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I'll agree on the class sparks point, the other is subjective.

I also got 3 maxed classes and was working on berserker before stopping because I really hate getting class sparks without premium. You either PVP or do certain specific maps which give you a bag with some sparks, play the class itself but since you don't have many abilities unlocked you will not be useful or do 5 man dungeons which take a long time and give less sparks than one of those maps that give you a bag.

After reaching cap on most stuff and seeing I had like 2k left on class sparks it finally got me. I don't want to farm port naori first boss over and over as berserker for a messly 30ish sparks per run, nor do I enjoy the bag farm.

Once you max a class there's no drops other than gear in dungeons (Besides the bag and 5 mans as I said) which is really annoying.

i might continue to 30.5k to become a "GOD"......

but not yet with a few sparks. 

this game is forcing me to quit playing 1-2 weeks to get enough sparks to enjoy it again.

horrible, simply horrible design and i wont be the only player that is mad about it in the near future when more reach 25k and up
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So from what I read, the OP wants all the features of a f2p for free....Interesting. People need to actually stop thinking free to play games should be completely free. You are free to play the game, how much of the game is up to the developer/publisher until you contribute which is honestly reasonable if you actually enjoy the game. QQing about something behind a pay wall is kinda silly. You either pay with money or time. Either way the company will get you to pay if you like the game.
    Albatroes said:
    So from what I read, the OP wants all the features of a f2p for free....Interesting. People need to actually stop thinking free to play games should be completely free. You are free to play the game, how much of the game is up to the developer/publisher until you contribute which is honestly reasonable if you actually enjoy the game. QQing about something behind a pay wall is kinda silly. You either pay with money or time. Either way the company will get you to pay if you like the game.
    Although I agree with your points, I don't think they're relevant to this thread.

The biggest issue here is the time gate wall, not a pay wall.
  • PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646
    Standard Asian MMO...

The whole design of the game centers around farming the same content over and over... But because the "hard core" people play all day every day they have to put limits on it or they'd burn out and come to these forums (and others) to complain.

So, they add limits which in this case screw players over pretty badly in many ways.

But, you didn't point out the biggest issue a lot of people seem to have.  The Facebook style "game" where you log in, send your imaginary follower people out on missions, log off....   
  • aghyutzaaghyutza Member UncommonPosts: 6
    hey man if it makes you feel better i only logged the 1st day and the 2nd day it went out then unninstall  happened...lol the game is a massive bullshit...i had a good laugh about and moved on.
  • ogreslayerogreslayer Member UncommonPosts: 15
    OP, I feel you. I stopped playing 2 weeks ago a 19.5K

The game slows down so much and a lot of the changes they did to the queue system ended up annoying my live easier. Still can't just auto-queue for 5 mans just drives me bonkers. And the PVP breakdown is not far enough apart. The amount of laughing I did when I was on my Witch and they'd throw in an 8500 Cryomancer was pretty priceless though.

Takes too long to round out classes as well or even get the next one. The Cap is so much of a deterrent I have no idea what they are even thinking. No Premium + No Spheres and you can seriously cap everything in 20hrs of focused grind gameplay.

Graphics are okay, gameplay was also okay. Class balance needed work (but that's usual MMO stuff). Overall I would recommend the game to people to try but I do not see what they were thinking with a lot of this stuff. Was thinking this would tide me over till Black Desert but it didn't even last that long...  :(

Painlezz said:
    Standard Asian MMO...

The whole design of the game centers around farming the same content over and over... But because the "hard core" people play all day every day they have to put limits on it or they'd burn out and come to these forums (and others) to complain.

So, they add limits which in this case screw players over pretty badly in many ways.

But, you didn't point out the biggest issue a lot of people seem to have.  The Facebook style "game" where you log in, send your imaginary follower people out on missions, log off....   
    That is because most people had their eyes open and noticed the 3D rendered game that your "Facebook" game exists in
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    I don't think the problem was the cap, but the way you decided to play the game.  If you keep premium on and focus on grinding out sparks it is very easy to turn an otherwise enjoyable game into a pisspoor grindfest as you attempt to achieve ultimate efficiency by spamming solo instances.  The only enjoyment you get out of playing this way is the reward of seeing your character grow stronger faster.  The game itself is enjoyable (ok really I mean the combat and instances) if you let premium drop off, don't play solo, and don't worry about upgrading at max speed.

I am not trying to be a dick and say "you are doing it wrong."  It certainly looks like I am... but I am just trying to help from my own poor experience.  I was encouraged to play this way by my pantheon and even though I was gaining prestige at roughly 10x the rate I had prior, I started hating the game.  I am going back to playing slowly, not doing any solo instances, and not trying to speed run.

This is the first game that punishes content locusts - albeit accidentally.  If you play to grind up as quickly as possible, you find yourself unable to queue.  From what you wrote, it looks like you actually stopped just short of the mark where the higher prestige players have their own queue, so you can still recover.  Just play whatever class lets you have fun and let those sparks sit for awhile, don't worry about pushing prestige.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited September 2015
    It's takes time to get up there still doing story mission so not so bad even at 40K. But I can see some losing taste it's to long of a wait to get people hooked out to get them more in to the good parts.
    edited September 2015
    30800  prestige meanwhile.

unlocked Knight but have to wait for next Server reset to unlock his skills... lol !

i am not the type of player that gives up so easy even if i am pissed like nothing else about the developers and their limits.

i predict for myself that i am leaving the game once i am around 30-31k Prestige.

Godform is bullshit , many people complain about its uselessness and i would need thousands of sparks to unlock it, so i just skip it.

Monk and Gunner are left to unlock. not sure if i am going to make it.

so far i invested 10 Euro into the game in the past 5-6 weeks.

i am playing Marvel Heroes and TESO while i am avoiding Skyforge´s pointless and demotivating  Limits.
    Post edited by Pongping on
  • PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646
    Deasant said:
    That is because most people had their eyes open and noticed the 3D rendered game that your "Facebook" game exists in
    It's not me actually that said that first (or last).  A vast majority of people who review the game on YouTube channels, forum posts, game review sites, etc.  All pointed to the fact that a huge chunk of progression is done with the "Facebook" style game.  It's pretty just a standard rip on WoW's Garrisons which I'm sure is a rip on someone else (but that's the first time I experienced it).  

Being able to substantially progress your character (in this game it's absolutely required) by waiting 8+ hours for automated missions to complete in a UI game is pretty sad.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    21K  (and all but monk unlocked to their class sparks) and I'm out.   The combat system is fun, but not as fluid as TERA's.  The LFG system is badly flawed in that scaling sub K's with 15K to 20K plus players is pointless (the sub K's lack enough experience/unlocks to be effective).

As for group instances, forget it, unless you go in with a pre made.  I've literally waited for hours, during prime time, with no pops. 

The less said about Orderville the better... I've seen better designed game elements on facebook (face palm).
    It looks like it was tacked on to the game, and was an after thought at best.

The core elements of the game are solid, but far too many short cuts have been taken to save time/money.

The game seems to have been rushed out, without sufficient attention to details (design and execution).

As for the imposed limit system, it was poorly designed, and doesn't take into account the difference in cultures between Russia and the western markets.  Appeasing domestic political factors has its costs.

I have both the purple founders pack, and the wardens of the wasteland pack.  I had Zerker and Gunner maxed out (class wise).  With Slayer close.  Over all it was an interesting experience, but I doubt I'll be going back.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Good decicion OP , i just  did the same