Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division: Captain, We Are the Wolves

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2016 in News & Features Discussion

Read the full story here

I’ve found my favorite part of the Division. It’s the sticky bomb. I giggle with glee every time I nail a pack of hoods standing around with my remote death device. Aim, fire, remote detonate, and watch if any survivors remain. If they do I plunk them off with a few well aimed shots. It really is the simple things in life that bring you joy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    I'm taking my time getting to 30 because I know it's going to be a while before there is any real PvE end game worth doing...
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    " It’s the sticky bomb. I giggle with glee every time I nail a pack of hoods standing around with my remote death device"

On my personal official grenade top5 the "sticky bomb" unfortunately only made it to the last place.

1. Singularity (Hyperion): Implodes to pull in enemies towards it before exploding.
    2. MIRV (Torgue/Bandit): Releases child grenades after the initial explosion.
    3. Transfusion (Maliwan): Releases child grenades that steal health from enemies and return it to characters via healing trails.
    4. Longbow (Hyperion) Teleports to it's destination and explodes.
    5. sticky bomb, The Division.

I'm serious.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

heerobya said:

I'm taking my time getting to 30 because I know it's going to be a while before there is any real PvE end game worth doing...

I am about 30 hours in and only Level 18. Having a blast.

My personal favorite is sniping those flamethrower guys hitting their gasstank on the back. :P
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited March 2016

heerobya said:

yep, at least 2 more weeks. "incursions" is announced for april :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    I'm really interested to hear the final word once he reaches end game.  Really happy to see he's taking more time to go through this stuff as some other reviews were rushing to max level in under a week and reporting things that weren't accurate.  So far, good or bad, I think this review is at least on point. 

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    edited March 2016
    Last week I bemoaned the lack of world building by Ubisoft in the Division. I compared buildings to props on a movie sound lot. They are there for the façade but they don’t feel real. As the game has progressed that feeling of being trapped in a maze with building painted walls has become less oppressive but is still noticeable. The game has opened up and become a lot more vertical. Instead of being focused on moving north, south, east, and west, you’ll be forced to navigate up and down. Different levels of a building, sewers, and even street underpasses are there to be explored. As you clear a building you may have to pass through a broken window onto a fire escape or scaffolding. Once there you can make your way up or down and onto the next level, or across roofs and descend into a different building. So while it is still a maze, it has increased in complexity and feels less constrained.

You need to find enemies in those buildings. The emptiness is one of the reasons they seem like set dressing.
    JeroKane said:
    My personal favorite is sniping those flamethrower guys hitting their gasstank on the back. :P
    lol... Gas-stank... I think I just found my new favorite phrase.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I really hope too they'll let you see other agents wandering the streets outside the dark zone, add that to the game and it became the perfect game (For me of course).
    I am not much into PvP but the reason I like the dark zone is that you can actually meet other agents on the streets, of course some of them will just use you for target pratice but ... even if I personally don't like PvP have to say that the danger add to the experience.
  • LilithMLilithM Member UncommonPosts: 82
    I was interested in this game a while back but once I saw the incredibly boring character creation I just, no. If I'm supposed to be in an open world at least give me a robust character creation system. Not asking for BD level, but it should be above WoW's level at least.
  • criscoduck09criscoduck09 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I like the desolation. I like the empty buildings. I like being the solo agent wandering the streets. It all adds to the feel that's important to this game. I'm one of a small group of elite soldiers trying to gain a foot hold back in a dying world. I group with friends for coop. Daily in fact. But those times in solo or just with one other buddy... It feels real. I don't want to see you guys running around in this world. If the agents were crawling through the streets and bad guys were respawning to keep up with the population of players it would kill this perfect feeling of fighting to restore humanity.
  • WulfwiseWulfwise Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I'm enjoying the game and I agree ... popping the "Cleaners" gas tank just never seems to get old :)
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited March 2016
    heerobya said:
    Yeah, I am taking my time, too. Not sure about the endgame, haven't been thinking about it, but right now, I'm 37 hours in, and I'm only level 12. lol

Helps to prolong things when doing all the big missions in hard mode co-op. Sometimes the group just doesn't make it through. 
  • caveogre72caveogre72 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    ----"You casually remind him, “Captain, we are the wolves.”"

I thought it was Faye that told him that. but still, glad to see you are actually looking at the game now instead of writing a knee jerk reaction to it.

-----" In those safe houses you will be able to inspect other agents and see how you stack up. But, once you step back into the streets you’ll find yourself all alone. When you do come across a main story mission you’ll have the option of queuing for a group finder but wouldn’t it be nicer if you could organically form groups by bumping into people that you meet while doing side missions and resource gathering missions?"

You mention that you don't bump into people to invite to group because you don't like to use the matchmaking. but then say you run into several in the safe house.. Ever consider asking those people to group? You are already in the same zone, chances are, they are doing missions in the area as well.

Looking forward to what you think about Challenge mode, and dailies. I haven't gotten there yet myself.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I like the desolation. I like the empty buildings. I like being the solo agent wandering the streets. It all adds to the feel that's important to this game. I'm one of a small group of elite soldiers trying to gain a foot hold back in a dying world. I group with friends for coop. Daily in fact. But those times in solo or just with one other buddy... It feels real. I don't want to see you guys running around in this world. If the agents were crawling through the streets and bad guys were respawning to keep up with the population of players it would kill this perfect feeling of fighting to restore humanity.

4-5 people max per zone wont take away that desolate feeling
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    You've not done sticky bomb right until you've done Planetside 2 sticky bomb onto a guy running into a spawn room full of his own side who think they're safe behind the force field.
  • Painbringer7Painbringer7 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Made it to Lvl. 30, finished the campaign and all the side missions as well. The story was interesting enough, and the over all game play did not feel repetitive until those last few side missions at the end.
    The darkzone was fun, I'm only Lvl. 15 in it, but have already extracted my first purple and knocked out two rogue agents. My only word of advise, is to not try and do extractions on your own......pain in the butt. Next plan is to get up my DZ for the Lvl. 30 loot chests and items. Still having fun here!

The code of the pessimistic loner: "We unpopular loners are realists, who follow the three non- popular principles: Not having any (Hope), Not making any (Gaps in your heart); And not giving into (Sweet talk)".

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    I want to play this game, but a known Service Provider has already created a hack and cheat for this game. It's only a matter of a short time when its flooded and ruined by hackers.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
    I want to play this game, but a known Service Provider has already created a hack and cheat for this game. It's only a matter of a short time when its flooded and ruined by hackers.
    That is one of the reasons to play on consoles, no cheats or hacks available.  

edited March 2016
    Consoles lack customization. I do not like being forced to use anolog stick. My days of consoles have been over once I could afford to buy my own PC. Consoles are subject to hacking as well. There are a few Service Providers in that market too.
  • osteolyticosteolytic Member UncommonPosts: 3

LilithM said:

I was interested in this game a while back but once I saw the incredibly boring character creation I just, no. If I'm supposed to be in an open world at least give me a robust character creation system. Not asking for BD level, but it should be above WoW's level at least.

LOL LAME
  • SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Was a fun game easily a 6-7. Had 8 potetential but a lot of the systems are half assed. Especially the inventory system and im guessing they have no way for admins to touch individual characters as myself and many others can't log in to the game simply because our high end crafted bags were buggy causing them to disappear and make our inventory overflow.
  • SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61

----"You casually remind him, “Captain, we are the wolves.”"

I thought it was Faye that told him that. but still, glad to see you are actually looking at the game now instead of writing a knee jerk reaction to it.

-----" In those safe houses you will be able to inspect other agents and see how you stack up. But, once you step back into the streets you’ll find yourself all alone. When you do come across a main story mission you’ll have the option of queuing for a group finder but wouldn’t it be nicer if you could organically form groups by bumping into people that you meet while doing side missions and resource gathering missions?"

You mention that you don't bump into people to invite to group because you don't like to use the matchmaking. but then say you run into several in the safe house.. Ever consider asking those people to group? You are already in the same zone, chances are, they are doing missions in the area as well.

Looking forward to what you think about Challenge mode, and dailies. I haven't gotten there yet myself.

Oganically forming a group would be just randomly seeing others doing the mission and all coming together to do it. Its def a different dynamic when you have played a lot of older mmorpgs that were about open world activity as opposed to a lot of instancing.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Not once, ever, have I let some neckbeard  "hacker" decide what games im going to play. Every single online game has some sort of hack or exploit or way for degenerates to abuse the system. I'll never let those types of people control what I do.

Currently level 28 with 60 hours played, level 20 DZ. Finally get a day off work tomorrow so I'll be finishing up my main missions and side quests then it's off to the DZ for gear upgrades and fun.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

ROFL, there are probably more cheats on consoles than the PC.  Where have you been?
    Ozmodan said:

ROFL, there are probably more cheats on consoles than the PC.  Where have you been?
    No. No there aren't.  I've been playing this game on BOTH consoles.  I'm telling you.. specifically... there are virtually no hackers on TD for consoles. There are plenty on PC.  Where have you been?

Not once, ever, have I let some neckbeard  "hacker" decide what games im going to play. Every single online game has some sort of hack or exploit or way for degenerates to abuse the system. I'll never let those types of people control what I do.

Currently level 28 with 60 hours played, level 20 DZ. Finally get a day off work tomorrow so I'll be finishing up my main missions and side quests then it's off to the DZ for gear upgrades and fun.
    Yeah, I remember the days when I use to feel this way. But once a well known company who has yet to get a lawsuit slapped on them creats an injector for the game I move on.