Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remote Servers Enabled, Team Captures First In-Game Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageRemote Servers Enabled, Team Captures First In-Game Video

The Darkfall: Rise of Agon team scored a victory this week by getting remote game servers online that enabled Big Picture Games devs to get into the game to check out its custom lobby and to capture the first in game footage. According to the forum post, team members from eight different countries managed to connect to the server.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I'm glad they're bringing this game back. It will make a lot of people happy. The only thing I think it needs is a skill point cap. From what I remember, you were able to max out every skill over time. I think UO had it right with a 700 point skill cap. That might not work in this game, but something similar could be good.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    epic pvp soon will be enabled again..

HOLD!!
  • mirimkomirimko Member UncommonPosts: 13
    It´s time to go home!! :)
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    looks garbage man but reminds me of Shadowbane, wich was far superior to this low polygon 2002 game.
  • kdchankdchan Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited March 2016
    Seems thia iteration reflect the video very well based on the info we have, a huge pvp arena with insane rotations of spells.
    I'm glad the people that like this game expecially the last 2012 version can have it back, much better than Unholy Wars and Aventurine merged together.

PvP oneside games aren't my cup of tea anymore so i pass on this, i prefer to play a full sandbox like the other version with less pvp and more fluff, pve and RvR, but i wish you good luck.
    The nextgen sandbox
    Crowfall - LiF: MMO - Darkfall: New Dawn
  • kdchankdchan Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited March 2016

exile01 said:

looks garbage man but reminds me of Shadowbane, wich was far superior to this low polygon 2002 game.

Graphic is nice, not 2016 standards but consider that the game have a fps real time combat and can handle hundeads of people in the same location, so performance > graphic.
    The nextgen sandbox
    Crowfall - LiF: MMO - Darkfall: New Dawn
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    When will it be VR enabled?

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

SomeHuman said:

Lol motion sickness over 9000

• EpicJohnsonEpicJohnson Member UncommonPosts: 83
    SomeHuman said:
    using Vorpx I have run Darkfall UnholyWars  in the oculus. I see no problems getting the original Darkfall to work in VR.

@Ikisis no motion sickness.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    SomeHuman said:
    using Vorpx I have run Darkfall UnholyWars  in the oculus. I see no problems getting the original Darkfall to work in VR.

The feel of Darkfall (having only played the original) is very VR.  I thought it might adapt pretty easily.  I imagine with the lower res/poly count (whatever) graphics, it would run well, too.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• TheStryderHDTheStryderHD Member UncommonPosts: 41
    This is an arena based game? I thought they were re-doing it with better graphics and we would be able to have huge siege battles like in Unholy Wars? I guess maybe that's the OTHER Darkfall: New Dawn coming out?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Reminds me of Last Chaos by Aeria Games. 
  • Ragnarok_delRagnarok_del Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited March 2016

This is an arena based game? I thought they were re-doing it with better graphics and we would be able to have huge siege battles like in Unholy Wars? I guess maybe that's the OTHER Darkfall: New Dawn coming out?

It's not an arena game. They just went to a chaos city (Ottenhal?) which has one of those in it

OMG Epic Johnson! How have you been man?
    DMKano said:
    "Members from 8 different countries managed to connect to the server"

This is noteworthy, why?

Internet suddenly became a huge obstacle to overcome... hehe

Meanwhile BGP remains the same as it ever was ;)

I think it's noteworthy because they created their own new lobby their own new lobby and it was the first time they tested the game and their servers with as many people.
  • TheStryderHDTheStryderHD Member UncommonPosts: 41

It's not an arena game. They just went to a chaos city (Ottenhal?) which has one of those in it

OMG Epic Johnson! How have you been man?

DMKano said:

"Members from 8 different countries managed to connect to the server"

This is noteworthy, why?

Internet suddenly became a huge obstacle to overcome... hehe

Meanwhile BGP remains the same as it ever was ;)

I think it's noteworthy because they created their own new lobby their own new lobby and it was the first time they tested the game and their servers with as many people.

Very good, I played Unholy Wars and enjoyed the hell out of it until the population went pretty much completely dead.
  • celestialimmortalcelestialimmortal Member UncommonPosts: 27
    For anyone that thinks this is just a pvp game it definitely is not. It also has the most engaging PVE i have ever experienced in any game. Its got everything from solo pve to group pve like the devil and certain dungeons plus raid pve like the dragons that requires up to 30 people to kill. The mobs in this game semi behave like players not like in other games where mobs just run at you in a straight line then cycle through the same skill over and over until you or it dies.Mobs in DF dodge,heal,retreat, use obstacles. You can even do PVE on a mount with sword and shield which is also hella fun
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

mcrippins said:

I'm glad they're bringing this game back. It will make a lot of people happy. The only thing I think it needs is a skill point cap. From what I remember, you were able to max out every skill over time. I think UO had it right with a 700 point skill cap. That might not work in this game, but something similar could be good.

I agree I don't like everyone being the same and maxed on everything.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

kdchan said:

exile01 said:

Graphic is nice, not 2016 standards but consider that the game have a fps real time combat and can handle hundeads of people in the same location, so performance > graphic.

Planetside 2 has all that and better graphics and runs on PS4 at 60FPS.

• SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61

For anyone that thinks this is just a pvp game it definitely is not. It also has the most engaging PVE i have ever experienced in any game. Its got everything from solo pve to group pve like the devil and certain dungeons plus raid pve like the dragons that requires up to 30 people to kill. The mobs in this game semi behave like players not like in other games where mobs just run at you in a straight line then cycle through the same skill over and over until you or it dies.Mobs in DF dodge,heal,retreat, use obstacles. You can even do PVE on a mount with sword and shield which is also hella fun

Dragon was always done with like 15-4ish people, I did it with 15 as a noob in a guild of noobs.
    Devil same, no reason to play "how it was meant to be played" when you are competeing with people that can 4 man it and be in the perfect position to defend getting jumped.

PVE in DF has for the most part been hp sponges. Anything ranged outside of a dragon's fireball is easily farmed by just strafing left/right or dragging them to their leash point.

The only thrill of pve was that people needed to do it so you were always pvping while you pved or jumping someone at a pve spawn.
  • celestialimmortalcelestialimmortal Member UncommonPosts: 27

Soarlozer said:

Dragon was always done with like 15-4ish people, I did it with 15 as a noob in a guild of noobs.

Devil same, no reason to play "how it was meant to be played" when you are competeing with people that can 4 man it and be in the perfect position to defend getting jumped.

PVE in DF has for the most part been hp sponges. Anything ranged outside of a dragon's fireball is easily farmed by just strafing left/right or dragging them to their leash point.

The only thrill of pve was that people needed to do it so you were always pvping while you pved or jumping someone at a pve spawn.

your version still sounds better than any wow clones pve system
  • SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61
    most engaging PVE i have ever experienced in any game
    Is a lot different than saying DF boring pve is hands down better than themepark mmo raid mechanics.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    edited March 2016

mcrippins said:

Couldn't agree more.

Darkfall was the only game I've ever really liked but quit after 3 weeks. It was around then that I hit the realization that there was absolutely no way I could play this game enough to keep a competitive character.

In such a skill-based game, hardcore players are going to mop the floor with me anyway: they didn't need any help from a capless skill/stat system as well.

I'm okay with getting my ass handed to me by Grandmasters in Chess - I don't need to start down 3 pawns and a knight for added injury.

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    umcorian said:

mcrippins said:

Couldn't agree more.

Darkfall was the only game I've ever really liked but quit after 3 weeks. It was around then that I hit the realization that there was absolutely no way I could play this game enough to keep a competitive character.

In such a skill-based game, hardcore players are going to mop the floor with me anyway: they didn't need any help from a capless skill/stat system as well.

I'm okay with getting my ass handed to me by Grandmasters in Chess - I don't need to start down 3 pawns and a knight for added injury.

both teams are adressing the issues altho i dont think they gonna add skillcaps..

the deal with darkfall is that people gave up to early to actually experience the game in his full..

The gross of players never reached max char.. ( aka the meta game of darkfall) and that is were darkfall really shined..

But there were more issues.. people got stuck in binding the 150 skills into buttons(keys)

in a normal mmo.. people acpect when they have  best gear ingame.. they gonna win a fight.. while in darkfall its the opposite..

You need to learn how to fight first( this is for me the strongest point of darkfall online)

Outcome of a fight dont rely on gear or stats.. but on the players skills of aiming/movement/choices/stats management/ situational arwareness to name a few.

The skill(stats) difference are gonna be adressed by both teams.. i wont be like early dfo.. to grind 1 year long to have  decent char

• Furion-HunterFurion-Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 48
    The Hype train is here, all aboard for the best mmo !

#fuckyeah