Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still no PVE Server ? No wonder this game is history soon.....

13»

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I think the game would be extremely boring without the pvp. Trion destroyed this game in many other ways before the pvp would be an issue.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    ArcheAge will probably do fine once they sort out the cash shop stuff or whatever it was people had beef with... i mean lots of people seemed to love the gameplay
    That ship sailed dude.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    edited November 2015
    Zadawn said:
    The only reason I avoided Aion and Archeage forced pvp. PvP in mmorpg makes no sense PvP in first person shooter is where is at my actual skill as individual counts in mmorpg a 2 year old mashing buttons on a super geared real money build character will kill everyone around.
    Who says pvp needs to be about skill in an mmoRPG?
    Ever Play UO?  PVP in that game was both skill and luck and not mashing buttons.  You make one wrong move and you could be dead.  Mages used to be a ghost if they made the wrong move.  First shot concussive blow 49 points of your mana gone and your health around 25 HP.  Second shot if you didnt run and let me catch you, you were singing the OOOOOOO blues.  If I made the wrong move and didnt get my concussive blow off first shot it would be a Explosion, Ebolt, Fire Arrow combo and I would be singing the OOOOO blues.  All skill pure skill, yes having the right PVP build was important BUT if you didnt know how to play your build right you would be dead.  
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2015
    Mardukk said:
    This game has literally the worst PvE I've ever seen in an MMO.  It really makes me question the OP if he thinks the PvE was anything but horrible.
    PvE in AA was not as bad as Tera's for me. The class variety, gliding, boat sailing, etc made it a little bit more bearable while grinding generic quests.

EDIT: just to be clear, yes it was pretty bad, just not as bad as Tera IMO.
    Post edited by rojoArcueid on

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    edited November 2015
    I never understood why games either select PvP or PvE.  Why not have both?  If you look at games that have both the PvE servers almost always out populate the PvP servers.  This is because with PvP you have griefing which discourages new players from playing.  Without new players your game is 100% guaranteed to die.

I just find it weird how they promoted this game as a "you can do anything you want" game, but it's not.  If you don't PvP you are left out.  I went into the game and got to around 33, then left after I got ganked by about 50 people zerging around in the quest area I was in.  I just wanted to be a simple fisherman.  I cannot do that even with patron status thanks to labor points.  Then you have people camping turn in spots to kill those who went out and spent 10+ minutes catching a nice fish.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I "think" keyword is think that devs believe they can attain more subs if they have both pve and pvp in their game.If they think that ,they deserve a dead game because they are idiots.

Even when the majority that  might accept a game with PVP joins in ,they usually want separate servers,most games do run separate servers.It is just bad management to not see reality.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    labor cap, bad pvp combat mechanics and poorly implemented new high end content is the biggest killers, being pay to win isnt the go either other than that could of been a good game to play for a few years but with those issues is just fail hope fully black desert does not go the pay to win style as is same style of game and could the the go for allot of ex archage players
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Reason i left.
    Too much RNG
    Pay to win Cash shop
    Not enough PvP happening, no one ventured out on the ocean to do traderoutes they rather just hug the coast safely for gold and buy what they needed with no risks involved.

I guess trion mistake here is trying to please both sides of the fence, they made it carebearish enough for the PvE crowd to tolerate it but to carebearish for the PvP Crowd to enjoy it buts thats my option on the matter. I Played a pirate while in archeage just on the record and the ocean where dead so was very little content.
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    edited March 2016
    ok any changes yet to PvP ?

Can i disable my PvP status meanwhile ? 

I want to play the PvE part of this game only without getting attacked by anyone

And about this games "Dead" , it was clear from day one this would happen with their stupid L30+ PvP enforcement.

The developers werent able to add a simple "NO PVP" Flag for players that wanted to enjoy PvE.

I remember getting attacked by some gankers right after i leveled to 30 and instantly left the game.  i am very sure that i wasnt the only one leaving.

I have a big wallet for games i enjoy :)   Not one Penny went into this game

Thnx

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I get the feeling that Archeage has been superseded by BDO.

At least in the case of BDO the game is still the main focus of the developer. The studio that produced Archeage has a new baby (Civilization Online) that will take all their attention...
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Some games have a clear vision on how they want to be played. It's not their fault that you don't share that vision and they have decided not to cater to your own personal wishes. It's you -- not them. Go find another mmorpg that fits you and stop trying to change others that want to be different. Play WoW and enjoy queuing up for dungeons inside your garrison for the "awesome" PvE experience
    Some games have a clear vision on how they want to be played. It's not their fault that you don't share that vision and they have decided not to cater to your own personal wishes. It's you -- not them. Go find another mmorpg that fits you and stop trying to change others that want to be different. Play WoW and enjoy queuing up for dungeons inside your garrison for the "awesome" PvE experience
    Their Vision led this game into emptiness :)

Soon the Developers can PvP each other maybe some of their  House cleaners join them for more fun !

Visions are only good if they work out well

Well ok it seems theres no future for this game as i said long ago.

Defiance is good tough !
    Pongping said:
    Not one of my old ArcheAge friends me included wanted to do PvP

PvE in ArcheAge is wonderful and fun , until PvP starts...... and its forced

Developers and PvP Fans think this game is chained to PvP and cant work withtout it....

NOW >

They all left.............

AND >

ArcheAge is merging servers now........

Who wonders ?

The developers wont get their Porsche , Swimming Pools  and other Luxury by not listening to the players demands..

Wrong decicions wrong pride and closed Eyes and Ears  lead right into to a Dead End 

I feel so sorry for the games GRAFIC/SOUND and LORE/STORY designers that have to watch their work going down the drain.

They did awesome work !! To bad that management decicions arent made by them too.
    WOW ! This must be a reincarnation of NOSTRADAMUS !

He known AA would fail long time ago
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Kyleran said:
    There are a number of reasons people avoided AA post launch including rampant hacking, botting, gold spam, and a mechanic that limited many peoples ability to farm as the wanted unless the bought potions from the cash shop.

I'd probably put your complaint about 7th or 8th on the list. Seriously, I'm a carebear, but have learned how to have fun in PVP games, 6 years in EVE and did not mind the PVP in AA, adds to the challenge.
    Eve?

You have chosen the worst game to be a carebear in! Lol
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • kumobladekumoblade Member UncommonPosts: 86
    We usually feel strongest about the things we care about.  So many people loved Archeage but hate Archeage. 

For me, I love Archeage. but it was toxic.  Like an abusive lover.   Everything about the 'game' itself was an incredible experience for me.  Crafting was fun and felt meaningful (until hasla).  Exploring was great.  Making tradepacks and traversing traderoutes was fantastic.  The PVP mechanics were fun.  The class system unmatched. 

Then they nerfed archeum drop rates making crafting impossible. 
    Then they put rumbling archeum trees in the cash shop forcing you to buy them if you wanted any source of archeum.

They backtracked a bit and then leapt  forward with reckless abandon without even trying to save face.  Like a shameful cheating wife/husband, who after getting caught wanted to embrace the affair without apologizing but still wants to be with you.  But you have to pony up the cash to be involved. 

I love archeage, even still.  And I keep thinking about going back to play it because the gameplay mechanics are solid.  

But I just don't trust the people in charge, because they WILL make changes to negatively impact me. 

So much bla bla bla for a simple

"No PvP Flag".....

it would be so simple to let players chose if they want to PvP or not....

All this bla bla babbeling here doesnt matter if someone wants to disable PvP completly...
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    nice necro
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Even if they did make a pve server the game is such a god awful money pit the way trion runs it. However It would be interesting if someone made a private Arche age server. Some people would say that it is hard to make Arche age without the PvP however if people can make cheats, bots, hacks and mods I certainly don't think it would be impossible. There are wow private servers that are modified greatly from the original. One wow private server has it to where you can fight players of your own faction with a chest that drops and you could lose your armor.
  • Zer0KZer0K Member UncommonPosts: 68
    The PVE in Archeage kinda sucks.  The game is clearly designed more for a PvP audience, which major mechanics of the game supporting that type of play-style.
    Not to say there isn't any PvE.  Of course there is, but it isn't really that good IMO.
    If you like to be a farmer and grow crops and make trade packs and such, and that is your 'thing', then perhaps you'll be satisfied with that sort of thing.  Yet ultimately that is also impacted by PvP.
    Personally I don't think the game can hold up with just a sterile PvE server ruleset.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    "PvE Server"..hahahaha haha haha ha

Maybe WoW is for you but no real MMORPG.