Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worse Grafics than most games from 2005

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
Cartoon Style or not, the textures look cheap and are LowRes. I expect way better texture resolution in the year 2016 than this. 

Even Vanguard (SOE) and many other older game look better. 

Look at the amor of the Knight at the Character Creator Screen. No Details just flat armor and a boring flat Shield with a few scratches. 

No 16x Anisotropic Filtering and now SMAA or whatever will correct or improve the bad texture quality.

We have Grafic Cards with 3000+ Shader Processors  , SLI and whatall. This company is programing a game for stoneage computers.

If this Game really needs a good computer then just because of sloppy coding...... 

I did not jump the hype train blindly just because a new game is coming and some people founded it that are now super fanboy´s because they put their money into this game.

Either the developers and the responsible Game Lead Designer compares his overall LowQuality Textures to other actual games and starts improving the visible quality of the game or me and many other wont buy this Old schoolísh looking game.

If i want to play WoW i can do that right now pretty quick..................... 

CROWFALL needs HiRes Textures or it looks like a stoneage game ....   Thank you

Comments

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    I think it looks nice and they seem to have pretty good art direction. I like the simplicity and loathe the over-the-top, excessive details and flashy flashes in many other games (including todays WoW).

"me and many other" is a big assumption and i don't see a list of names to back it up. Your whole post feels like you just wanted to be angry at something and took it out on Crowfall's textures.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Graphics.
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    edited March 2016
    The game is built for the PvP crowd:  performances > shiny graphics.

They're still early in development, graphic improvements are expected.

I think that the current graphics look great so far. They're developing the game with a relatively small budget.

Post edited by Franciscourant on
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Game looks fine. Is it fun is the real question.
  • JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    OP did not mention anything at all about game mechanics.  OP went on a tyrade about graphics.  OP does not know what he is talking about.  Don't be like OP.
    Haroo!
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Yeah great whatever. There a tons of MMOs, mostly Asian ones, with stunning graphics but which are still about as shallow and appealing as a puddle of hobo vomit.
    Couldn't agree more, but have a feeling that Crowfall will be a puddle of hobo vomit with bad graphics. We'll see. Just doesn't come off as a very "deep" game.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't understand what demographic they are aiming for.
    Graphics won't win them that crowd,pvp is locked up in several other games,module fort/castle building ,although not a lot of that,this game is flat out selling it in cash shop which is a huge downgrade on the game itself ,where players like to feel they are striving for or earning something.
    So what happens is,ok i bought my castle now what?Ok go pvp,already seeing much better games doing that,from the very large moba crowd to OW to the better looking Paragon to the many military pvp games,i just don't see a market for what Crowfall is selling.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Looks OK to me. It's nice and clean IMHO. 

Wizardry said:
    Graphics won't win them that crowd,pvp is locked up in several other games,module fort/castle building ,although not a lot of that,this game is flat out selling it in cash shop which is a huge downgrade on the game itself ,where players like to feel they are striving for or earning something.
    So what happens is,ok i bought my castle now what?Ok go pvp,already seeing much better games doing that,from the very large moba crowd to OW to the better looking Paragon to the many military pvp games,i just don't see a market for what Crowfall is selling.
    Crowfall is a mix between strategy games (sieges, territory conquest, politics, alliances, espionage, resources management, buildings, etc.) and a MMORPG (character advancement, crafting, 3rd-person camera, action combat, massively multiplayer, player driven economy, social features...).

It has a very strong focus on PvP (all kind of PvP: RvR, GvG, FFA, OW, factions, organized) and very low emphasis on PvE: no quest, monsters exist to increase the level of danger.

So yea, Crowfall caters to the players who want all that in the same game. ^
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I absolutely like how the game looks, it's art and design.
    But then, i also like all this in Wildstar.

And i like the looks of BDO alot.

I figured out that it's great to like various things, even if they are done in quite a different way. It takes a little bit of grumpiness out of my life.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Meh who cares about the graphics. They seem fine to me. My main issues are the time based progression like EVE and the MOBA like hero system for classes where everyone who picks a centaur is the same centaur not like shadowbane where you could select the race and class independently. It look's great if what you want is a pvp massively multiplayer online battle arena. I just wanted a lot more like shadwobane and well that it is not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiy1XRo0IvM

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Wizardry said:
    its going for the shadowbane crowd which did VERY well for a long time but bugs, exploits, and duping killed the game causing a mass exodus. Games like this are guild vs guild political control and conquest it will do better than you might think honestly. I personally would rather play CU for my rvr pvp fix but crowfall def will find its niche.
  • TaoMcDohlTaoMcDohl Member UncommonPosts: 103
    What kind of idiot judges a game's graphics while it's in a pre-alpha state?
  • helldenhellden Member UncommonPosts: 21
    edited March 2016
    Wait  when will these grafic cards be released? seriously though the game looks fine and doesn't have shit to do with if it will be fun or not.
  • DrDread74DrDread74 Member UncommonPosts: 308
    You soud like one of those guys that only talks about how good women are supposed to look and never dated a fat chick =)

http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/
     An MMO game I created, solo. It's live now and absolutely free to play!
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    I could make light of the spelling of graphics, but we all typo things. 
    I could complain about the graphics in crow not being photorealistic or ultradetailed, but to be honest, in a game that's mostly a pain and a massive waste of resources. Doubly so if it drops your framerate below a certain level. (That level varies with the individual.) 
    Honestly though, it's pretty obvious what everything is, and I've seen games that glob on tons of skin and model details to the point of you can actually have trouble figuring out WTF that object is in the first place. 
    Now mind you, I started playing games long before most of you were born. I remember pong as an arcade game, pre-arcades. I remember having an Atari 2600 when it just hit the market. So if you want to talk primitive graphics, go look up Adventure for the Atari 2600. Although I'll admit that I'm spoiled. Many games from even a decade ago has me screaming in pain from the jaggies, so there is that. 
    My problem with the game is the PvP. Crow sounded really interesting, until I got hit with the non-consensual PvP. Well, have fun at the gankfest, I'm not coming. No, seriously, have fun killing each other, that's just not my thing. (Ok, sometimes I'm in the mood for it, but then I'll enter a duel, an arena, or haunt a battlefield or something.) 
    So if the OP doesn't like the game, nobody is forcing them to play. Sure this is an early version he's seeing, and they'll probably improve their graphics, but I doubt they'll reskin everything with more visual details at this point. (In a lot of games, I turn of lots of the fancy stuff to improve framerate and shut off the annoyances, especially any kind of blur or lense flare. Also head bobbing, that's so annoying.) 
    I guess that the short of it is that graphics are important, but no where near as important as gameplay and content. If you don't want to play, don't. If you're worried about the end product, wait and find out.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well if the game is going for guild versus guild,you already have a MUCH more COMPLETE game in Ruins of Magic,why did people not just jump all over that.
    IN ROM you even have guild houses/halls to battle within/over without supporting the cash shop to buy them.

So i just point you to the same game but a much more robust game.

I personally already said ,i don't think the graphics are great but they are acceptable.it is the actual game that i just can't see WHY i would want to play it,when i can get the same thing only better.
    I guess there is the possibility of MASSIVE pvp,i do not see that at all in this game.However true ,we still do not have many games doing massive pvp,for myself i am not interested in massive pvp but i can ACCEPT others wanting it and enjoying that type of game,IF that is actually what this game is offering.

Obviously i can have my opinion changed easily if a game delivers,i am just not sold on anything so far.My main beef and concern is that they took the BEST idea in the game and just stuck it in a cash shop,others are ok with that because i am not.
    I would want to EARN my location,EARN my wares,EARN my castle,EARN my materials to build and improve my castle,i don't want my entire game play taken out for a cash shop.

You see if they could keep the GAME PLAY inside the game and out of the CS,i could actually consider this game as legit.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Having looked over the games released in 05.... I feel confident in saying that the OP´s sensationalist title is objectively wrong.  

This have been a good conversation

Wizardry said:

Obviously i can have my opinion changed easily if a game delivers,i am just not sold on anything so far.My main beef and concern is that they took the BEST idea in the game and just stuck it in a cash shop,others are ok with that because i am not.
    I would want to EARN my location,EARN my wares,EARN my castle,EARN my materials to build and improve my castle,i don't want my entire game play taken out for a cash shop. [...]
    The castles that you can buy in the cash shop can only be used in the Eternal Kingdoms (personal housing maps). The campaigns, where the real MMO game takes place, have item restriction: you can't bring castles and you can only bring a limited amount of items. In many campaigns, players can not bring any item at all, they have to start from scratch and collect/gather/trade/build/craft/ everything from A to Z.

The plan is to restrict the Cash Shop impact to the personal housing (EK) area, and severely limit its impact on the campaigns.

So far the type of campaign that is the most affected by CS is the RvR God's Reach, and the impact is still minimal: "only equipped gears can be imported". They're not selling gears or resources in the CS.

About 50% of all the campaigns allow 0 item import: those who want every players to start on equal footing can join those campaigns.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Crowfal has phabulous, phantasctic grafics! :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Yeah great whatever. There a tons of MMOs, mostly Asian ones, with stunning graphics but which are still about as shallow and appealing as a puddle of hobo vomit.
    If one more person trashes hobo vomit, I'm hopping a freight train and heading to the Hotrod Hotel. I'm sure they'll take me on as a porter or night clerk.
    -Chuckles
    edited March 2016
    answered in the wrong thread.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited March 2016

Oh god, they really need to stop with these ugly bloom effects. They do this in photography too.

Kiyoris said:

Oh god, they really need to stop with these ugly bloom effects. They do this in photography too.

And why should they stop =P