Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Alpha 2.2 now live for all players

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
edited March 2016 in Star Citizen
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15218-Star-Citizen-Alpha-22-Available
(with several videos)

After extensive testing on the PTU server with a core team of active (!) player testers from the Issue Council, CIG transferred the Alpha 2.2 now to the open test servers for all players/backers. Long patch notes to be found at this link:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15211-Star-Citizen-Alpha-220

Highlights:

* individual instances now support up to 24 players at once
* first iteration of a new hostility/reputation system (go kill player pirates !)
* flyable Sabre interceptor (IMHO very cool looking ship)
* hangar-ready Xi’An scout ( a somewhat "different" looking ship ;-)
* Freelancer damage states
* major changes to the component system launch with the addition of new coolers
* physical space around Crusader has also been updated  (locations re-arranged, missions added etc.)
* initial party system
* physicalized EVA
* hundreds of bug- and crash-fixes

From my own experience ... keep in mind .. ITS STILL AN ALPHA version !  I hope you too will add some bug reports to the Player Issue Council !

Have fun

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.1

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15233-Star-Citizen-Alpha-221

"Alpha Patch 2.2.1 has been released to Live and is now available for players! This patch includes key fixes to the 300 series ships and a number of server and client crashes.

Your launcher should show “2.2.1-328656” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.

Please review our current list of 2.2.0 Known Issues FAQ, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:

• Ship geometry can very occasionally disappear or turn invisible.
    • Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.
    • EVA’ing back into a ship with interior physics still has rare issues such as permanent ragdoll and death.

Game Systems:

• Continued to make changes to EVA animations to smooth out some of the transitions.

Ships:

• Fixed an issue where some hardpoints for the 300 series ships in the Holotable were inaccessible.
    • Fixed an issue with the Holotable where swapping coolers on any of the 300 series ships was extremely difficult.
    • Fixed a lighting issue where the doors on the 300 series would show up greyish in color.
    • Fixed an issue with central HUD element not displaying correctly in the 300 series.

Technical:

• Fixed multiple client crashes.
    • Fixed multiple server crashes."

Gimme the new Holotable design in my R&Y hangar !!

Have fun

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.2

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15240-Star-Citizen-Alpha-222

"Alpha Patch 2.2.2 has been released to Live and is now available for player! This includes some crash fixes, and EVA desyncing reduction.

Important Issues:

• Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.
    • EVA’ing back into a ship with interior physics still has rare issues such as permanent ragdoll and death.
    • We are aware that users zoning into Crusader instances can sometimes encounter an infinite loading screen, and are actively investigating the cause.

Ships:

• Fixed an issue with the 300 series ships, where part of the panel of the port side door was spawning upside down.

Technical:

• Made some additional changes to help reduce server lag related issues.
      • This includes decreasing the frequency of the “Drunk Tester” bug, where other clients would see your character lying on the ground.
      • This will also resolve certain client desync problems around EVA."

Have fun

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.3

• "Fixed an issue where player could become indefinitely stuck on the loading screen.
      • This fix was originally implemented via hotfix over the 13th, no downtime was required.
    • Fixed multiple server crashes."

Have fun

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I love the padding. 2 sentences padded into 4 and an inconsequential patch suddenly becomes worth posting about..
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I love the padding. 2 sentences padded into 4 and an inconsequential patch suddenly becomes worth posting about..
    Honestly it's easier to read that way, rather than one huge block of text.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

edited March 2016
    "Fixed multiple crashes" can be weeks of work by the team and player testers and that is what Alpha testing is all about.

Wording not sexy enough for you ? Too bad.

Have fun
    Post edited by Erillion on
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Distopia said:
    Honestly it's easier to read that way, rather than one huge block of text.

I don't disagree, at the same time why not just condense it to the following instead of adding a bullet point for every word?

• Fixed an issue where player could become indefinitely stuck on the loading screen - hotfix was applied over the 13th, no downtime was required.
    • Fixed multiple client and server crashes.
    K.I.S.S
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Did they fix the issue where people were stealing other players ships?
    edited March 2016
    Did they fix the issue where people were stealing other players ships?
    Its specifically allowed at this point. Enjoy it while it lasts - won't stay that way.

And getting picked up as a stranded pilot by a friendly fellow pilot and all the interaction that comes from it is always one of the highlights of testing on the Crusader map.

Yeah, i know, strange concept in modern MMO's ... people working together .....

Have fun