Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Movie Trailer - War is Coming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Movie Trailer - War is Coming

Legendary has released the latest Warcraft movie trailer that that utilizes some of the same footage from an earlier trailer along with never-yet-seen images in the one minute spot. The movie is set to be released in late May in the EU and mid-June in North America.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    edited March 2016
    Certainly starting to have that Warcraft feel and easily a better trailer than previous releases. Looking forward to the film and hope it becomes the first of a great series ....
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I 100% forget there was a Warcraft movie
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

expresso said:

It looks like a 100% forgetable movie to me.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    late may in eu , and june for USA? why different dates?
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Volgore said:

expresso said:

Don't get me wrong I love Warcraft but this movie is 5 years too late for anyone outisde of Warcraft fans to pay any attention too, It might be a good movie but it's going to be box office flop.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Still looks cheesy as hell. Will still go see it. I'm just hoping its entertaining-cheesy and not embarrassing-cheesy.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    expresso said:

Volgore said:

expresso said:

Don't get me wrong I love Warcraft but this movie is 5 years too late for anyone outisde of Warcraft fans to pay any attention too, It might be a good movie but it's going to be box office flop.

All due respect, a Warcraft movie at any point during it's timeline would have been of interest primarily to Warcraft fans. So I don't think it's 5 years too late, I think it's actually very timely. You've got the Warcraft user base (old and new, subscribed and unsubscribed) who will probably go see it. Then I'm sure they're hoping that they'll be able to increase interest in the game with the movie. That's inevitable, but to what degree? 

Also, it doesn't really have a great deal to live up to when it comes to movies based on video games :)

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    edited March 2016
    Oh Duncan Jones, I hope you know what you are doing. Great director, love his movies "Moon" and "Source Code". But this warcraft movie looks poor in every trailer i have seen. Hope this is not the end of a very promising young directors career.

Hodor!

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited March 2016
    boggles me how a company who do such great cinematics for their games= have produce such a crappy looking film.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Honestly , I consider myself a movie buff. Yet I have zero interest in running off to see this movie. Ilk wait till its out on cable. Or..... Yarrr!

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

orbitxo said:

boggles me how a company who do such great cinematics for their games= have produce such a crappy looking film.

Well... Because your brain is designed to pick up on things that stands out from the norm of what you expect to see, it is survival tool.

That is why fantasy creatures rendered in live action tend to stick out while the same creatures in a full CG environment tend to stick out less and instead things that are supposed to look "real" come off as odd.

Simple answer.

This have been a good conversation

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    I will see it but it looks like they were too ambitious with the live action instead of just sticking to CGI. Blizzard produces some of the best CGI clips, next to Final Fantasy, that I have ever seen. No clue why they didn't do that. I still watch and enjoy their Warcraft CGI shorts and I haven't played World of Warcraft since vanilla. So few fantasy movies are able to pull off live action, but I hope it succeeds.

Meanwhile, I would love to see a full CGI Diablo movie.
  • heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    Shares notes with the original Warcraft cut scenes and stuff, the footman vs. orc grunt thing.

I'll def be going to see this one in theaters, I don't expect it to be anything other than popcorn fun and that is 100% OK and worth my time and money.
    edited March 2016

tawess said:

orbitxo said:

Well... Because your brain is designed to pick up on things that stands out from the norm of what you expect to see, it is survival tool.

That is why fantasy creatures rendered in live action tend to stick out while the same creatures in a full CG environment tend to stick out less and instead things that are supposed to look "real" come off as odd.

Simple answer.

cute logic- but no.

lord of the rings had done an amazing job. harry potter, Pans laberinth...

this just looks like 1981s Dragonslayer movie...who knows maybe thats what they were going for...
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    orc female looks like human! fail
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Arskaaa said:

She's supposed to be a half-orc, half-human character. Therefore, it's not a fail.

I expect that her character will personify some sort of moral message about different ethnic groups uniting and acting together - against an enemy that does ISIS-type things!
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    I think the trailers look amazing. I will be going out of my way to see the film, but I won't admit to it to anyone. It's going to be my naughty secret.
  • OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

Arskaaa said:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Garona_Halforcen

Because she's a half-breed, Einstein.
  • SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I still wish they used their signature blizzard cinematic cutscene for this movie. Live action looks very off when trying to do some crazy moves like when legolas slides down stairs on shield shooting his bow. Plus I think the live action looks conflict with warcraft are style. In the RTS and the MMO all the proportions are messed up, from the armor to buildings.

• SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61
    edited March 2016

cute logic- but no.

this just looks like 1981s Dragonslayer movie...who knows maybe thats what they were going for...

Plenty of things look off in LOTR series. If it doesn't you were looking at a practical effect or great makeup.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Looks awesome and I can't wait to see it.
  • qwerhelixqwerhelix Member UncommonPosts: 29
    pg13... i hate kids
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Soarlozer said:

cute logic- but no.

Plenty of things look off in LOTR series. If it doesn't you were looking at a practical effect or great makeup. 

You're 100% right! 

It's human nature to believe. That's why it's so easy to fool humans. When we're idle, listening, watching, if we've decided that it's going to be horrible, then we'll be able to looking for things that are bad. Each of the movies mentioned had various scenes/characters with horrendous CGI. Actually, I think that Harry Potter had some of the worst CGI. However, if you're invested in that world, your brain automatically looks over that because you're invested. Same goes for video games, or just about anything else that people want to make "realish". 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Yeah i would not hold the "Werewolf"-Lupin or the black rider at Osgiliath... Not to mention some of the cloak effects up as "best CGI ever" now life of Pi... there we can talk about serious CGI but it also cost enough to put the studio in to the ground. 

But that was a tiger... something we can spend a great deal of time to study and body map. 

Anyway... Opinions are opinions... Good or bad i have stated the few facts we have on the matter in my previous post and if you feel it looks shite then that is your opinion. My opinion is that it captures the Warcraft world very good so far. 

This have been a good conversation

tawess said:

it captures the Warcraft world very good so far. 

True. pretty much like it captures it in their current game engine.