Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anything Blizz could do to bring you back?

Comments

• TineaTinea Member UncommonPosts: 86
    I'd come back if they sent me a free week to play.  Then I'd be able to see my old characters, clear the nostalgia from my head, and walk away when the week is up :)

Seriously though, I typically do go back for a month every couple of years.  If I see the previous expansion on sale less than $10, I'll buy it and play for a month.  It really is for nostalgia's sake.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Spend some money on their games instead of trying to rip everyone off.Maybe even fire Brode might be incentive enough,i am sure they have lots of bumbling numb heads in that payroll.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Just lvled one toon to 20 cause they're giving the alternate pally hero(Liandrin) in Hearthstone if you do so.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Sometimes things run their course.  WoW ran it course ~8 years ago.  I tried it for 2 weeks for free when the newest expansion came out and was glad I have never paid them money again.

The game, players, and culture of the game have all changed and I don't think Blizzard can wave a magic wand and fix that.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    I'd play a Starcraft MMO...Otherwise I'm pretty much done with Blizzard.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    - Remove all QoL features altogether (LFG/R, AoE loot, CRZ, heirlooms, etc.)
    - Go back to non-linear quest design and restore all dungeon and raid quests to open world as they were before. Restore all group quests and improve rewards for completing them.
    - Re-release WoW starting from vanilla, and fix all classes,specs, and quest lines as they were suppose to be in launch back in 2004.
    -  Have a look at crafting and make it more worthwhile for the whole range of leveling experience.
    - Remove PvP gear from the game, or make it usable only in BG's and arenas.
    - Make fun of, castrate, and throw to street all the miserable human beings who thought it was a good idea to make everything accessible and easy for small kids, their grandmothers, and their dogs. Begin every day at work by laughing at them, their relatives, families, ancestors, their ancestors, and so on.
    - Give me a chance once again to pay for the best MMO game i've ever played in my life.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    edited March 2016
    make WoW 2 on modern engine

Better yet a Starcraft mmo
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Vanilla servers up through Burning Crusade , original AV rules that required actual battles , RP-PVP server ruleset with it actually enforced.

Pipedream in other words.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    I dont think so, maybe i would consider it for a true diablo mmo?  World of Diablo? 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    World of Starcraft?
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Lazzaro said:
    This is for people who have quit over the years, so if you're playing this isn't for ya. :awesome: 

For me it's simple, take out the LFG/LFR tool instaport to dungeon or give me a PvP server w/o this feature.  I honestly think this is the reason WOW has lost it's sense of community and the socialization.  I don't care if there is a tool that puts you in a group, but the BOOM you're in the instance kills any sort of world discovery or open world PvP on the PvP servers.  I just want that feel of the world being populated and not people just sitting in town and pressing the LFG button.  

Definitely not removing the LFG/LFR tool.  Manually traveling anywhere in WoW would make me puke a little in my mouth I think.  See the uproar over the removal of flight in Draenor?  Now try it with grouping tools HAHAHAHA.  Game would be dead in 3 months.
  • SeirothSeiroth Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I'd come back if they brought back the kind of difficulty found in vanilla or if it was even more difficult still. I'd like more socialization. Less click a button for instant teleport to raid. I enjoyed vanilla WoW, enjoyed burning crusade. Lich King was alright until I got to the dungeons which I found too easy... raids saved it but I think it went all downhill from there and there is too much they'd have to do to get "back on track" at least in my eyes. Blizzard just isn't appealing to my personal tastes anymore.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Crazy idea that Blizzard could do. Actually update their game with real content vs 3 raids/quality of life junk/and revamped content which is only a fraction of the old content that was there. They are just out of ideas. As myself and many others have said, only wow can kill wow, so it looks like blizzard will just chop up expansions and sell them for 50$ each with 1-1.5 years inbetween releases and just QoL patches.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    I've just leveled a character from 15-20 at the Red Ridge Mountains. It was a boring grind. 

I hope that was because there wasn't a Horde base there (no PvP excitement). If the rest of WoW is like that, it's not looking good.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    I've just leveled a character from 15-20 at the Red Ridge Mountains. It was a boring grind. 

I hope that was because there wasn't a Horde base there (no PvP excitement). If the rest of WoW is like that, it's not looking good.
    Just do dungeons to level. Old world questing is a waste of time.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    F2P is the only way I go back to world of warcraft.....It was just too much of a money sink imo
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    ALso I felt from day 1 that what WoW was missing was a third faction (msot likely neutrals that like neither horde nor the Alliance).....
  • MythosCardanMythosCardan Member CommonPosts: 7
    there is nothing else to milk from this cow, this cow is dead, it got terminally ill when they switched talents, it died with LFR
  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Nothing realistic in terms of changes to the game. But I suppose if wow went (true) f2p I might check out the content i missed, but probably not.

• ScriptsScripts Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Not unless they can build a time machine and take me back to 1.12.1
  • garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343
    They need to bring back the original WoW.  Now THAT was fun.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Re-launch vanilla server, I'm there.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    laserit said:
    Nope

There are newer games that satisfy my MMORPG itch. Blizzard taught me that paying them a sub was a ripoff.

How is paying .49 cents a day for something you could theoretically play all day a "rip off"?

Do you work in a rice paddy somewhere for 5 bucks a month?

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    goboygo said:
    laserit said:
    Nope

There are newer games that satisfy my MMORPG itch. Blizzard taught me that paying them a sub was a ripoff.

How is paying .49 cents a day for something you could theoretically play all day a "rip off"?

agree with this while i do not find wow all that entertaining anymore the paying a sub argument here just makes me think there is nothing but a bunch of jobless losers that frequent this site.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    goboygo said:
    laserit said:
    Nope

Na no rice patties for me funny guy.

Nothing is for free in this world. I expect something in return for my money.  Never been the blind fanboi type. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee