Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Cavern Introduced - a Single Lane Teamfight Map

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageLost Cavern Introduced - a Single Lane Teamfight Map

Blizzard has unveiled the next map to be added to the Heroes of the Storm rotation that is a fundamental departure from the current maps. Unlike the others, Lost Cavern will have all action taking place in a single land without map objectives, hearthstones, starting area heals and the like removed to keep the action focused.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    So basically ARAM minus the AR. I clicked on this hoping I'd missed news about a new LoL map. HotS is a terrible MOBA. My wife asked me to level her account to 20 so she could get the Graves pet in WoW, but I find myself bored half way through a single match. No laning phase, no last hitting, very little wave management, no warding, terrible matchmaking, shared XP, no item builds, etc. I guess it fills the casual niche in the MOBA market, but I've played way too much LoL and DotA to enjoy it. Puts me to sleep. 
  • vierklauwvierklauw Member UncommonPosts: 27

So basically ARAM minus the AR. I clicked on this hoping I'd missed news about a new LoL map. HotS is a terrible MOBA. My wife asked me to level her account to 20 so she could get the Graves pet in WoW, but I find myself bored half way through a single match. No laning phase, no last hitting, very little wave management, no warding, terrible matchmaking, shared XP, no item builds, etc. I guess it fills the casual niche in the MOBA market, but I've played way too much LoL and DotA to enjoy it. Puts me to sleep. 

no boring las hitting no boring lanning phase no warding no unbalanced item systen shared exp no boring wave mangement and yes terrible macthmaking i see 6 good points and 1 bad, great game
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

vierklauw said:

no boring las hitting no boring lanning phase no warding no unbalanced item systen shared exp no boring wave mangement and yes terrible macthmaking i see 6 good points and 1 bad, great game

To each their own. Last hitting, laning, warding, and item builds add depth to a MOBA. If you enjoy the shallow casual experience, more power to ya'
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    i love HOTS because it has multiple Maps with things to actually do in them =)

DOTA 2 and LoL are OK but after 5 years they get very boring playing the SAME MAP EVERYDAY

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Yeah I love HOTS because it has a ton of maps to play, playing the same map over and over is to dull for my taste.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

vierklauw said:

To each their own. Last hitting, laning, warding, and item builds add depth to a MOBA. If you enjoy the shallow casual experience, more power to ya'

both the games you mentioned care nothing at all for balance of champs or items and is the number one complaint in moba's due to having to ban champs. While I think HOTS is not that fun either i wouldnt even bother comparing the two most vile games on the planet currently and the gross unbalanced champions. Most that play HOTS hate lol and dota
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    At least it's not in the rotation. I would utterly despise getting randomly thrown into ARAM's.
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    edited March 2016

I never understood why LOL and DOTA2 are afraid to create tons of cool maps ....

why are they afraid to release New and exciting maps ??

even if they had 10 maps, people could Choose which map to play there games in