Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is CIG properly vetting their employees?

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Erillion said:

Again ... is THAT enough for you to paint him as an untouchable pariah in the gaming industry ? After he DID try to deliver a game ? But a few thousand bucks were not enough to finish it - which does not surprise me personally.

Have fun

No, the part you're conveniently omitting is how he bailed without communicating. I don't know why I bother, I know you think this is perfectly ok to do. Maybe I'm just hoping one little part in your can change.

Look, by this article, last November, he hadn't communicated for 6 months.

http://gameblaster64.xandorus.com/is-this-the-end-for-allgraf-darkout/

At the time of that article, he was already working for CIG.

It's indefensible and unconscionable. Trying to defend it makes you look really bad, unless you're preaching to the "how to fuck people over with crowdfunding" seminar.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Erillion said:

Again ... is THAT enough for you to paint him as an untouchable pariah in the gaming industry ? After he DID try to deliver a game ? But a few thousand bucks were not enough to finish it - which does not surprise me personally.

Have fun

No, the part you're conveniently omitting is how he bailed without communicating. I don't know why I bother, I know you think this is perfectly ok to do. Maybe I'm just hoping one little part in your can change.

http://gameblaster64.xandorus.com/is-this-the-end-for-allgraf-darkout/

At the time of that article, he was already working for CIG.

It's indefensible and unconscionable. Trying to defend it makes you look really bad, unless you're preaching to the "how to fuck people over with crowdfunding" seminar.

You know what makes someone look bad? Pretending to be concerned about people and using it as a front for a smear campaign... Not to mention attempting to discredit anyone and everyone who sees your posts for what they are, it's quite hilarious. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Nothing is more convincing than a video link in place of a rational argument.
    Adjuvant1 said:
    K, thanks for your spin, now the 4th time this thread.

When in doubt post a video...

It's how Trump would argue if he was on here.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited March 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:

What more is there to communicate beside the "We currently do not have enough money to continue development and i am looking for other options" that he posted. Not to mention that his digital distributor Desura went belly up and never paid him. --->

"Summary/TL:DR:

We’re still making changes to Darkout and our recent radio silence has been a result of investigating funding options to get there."

And from Indiegogo:
    "IMPORTANT NOTE :The $500 goal is not the money we need to fund the game. We set this as low because the game is almost in beta and we need your participation and support. Also we want to pay the lower possible commission taken out from our raised money by Indiegogo".

If THIS guy is a pariah to you for some 8000 bucks, then why is someone running for president in the USA that had four chapter 11 bankruptcies for hundreds of millions (several billions ?) of dollars ? Its all about context and perspective.

Have fun

Erillion said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

What more is there to communicate beside the "We currently do not have enough money to continue development and i am looking for other options" that he posted. Not to mention that his digital distributor Desura went belly up and never paid him. --->

We’re still making changes to Darkout and our recent radio silence has been a result of investigating funding options to get there."

And from Indiegogo:
    "IMPORTANT NOTE :The $500 goal is not the money we need to fund the game. We set this as low because the game is almost in beta and we need your participation and support. Also we want to pay the lower possible commission taken out from our raised money by Indiegogo".

Have fun

What do you think you're saying with these two quotes? Because they're not the "last communications" from him, nor does the latter one excuse pulling a Houdini.

What the fuck are you ever arguing, actually, man? I have no idea how you put thoughts together.
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Erillion said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

And from Indiegogo:

Have fun

What do you think you're saying with these two quotes? Because they're not the "last communications" from him, nor does the latter one excuse pulling a Houdini.

What the fuck are you ever arguing, actually, man? I have no idea how you put thoughts together.
    What are the "last communications" from him, currently?
    DKLond said:
    What are the "last communications" from him, currently?
    On Steam it is, "We are currently busy porting the existing game over to Unity 5 which enable us to add everything we have envisioned for Darkout. "

You can read the Gameblaster article link above for the rest.

Then nothing. Then he appears, working for CIG.
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Erillion said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

And from Indiegogo:

Have fun

Pretty simple point to follow there, agree with it or not... they had no money, apparently they told everyone that, not much more to say once you're at that point. Agree or not, how in any way is that hard to follow ?

Again with the attempts to discredit rather than carry on healthy debate...from the good guy..

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Adjuvant1...

Turn that frown upside down
    Adjuvant1 said:
    I can't see your posts, anymore, Distopia. I can't honestly call them trolling, because you might not be able to help it, but I can't stand wrapping my mind around your words anymore to try to respond to them. Sorry.
    Translation: "I can't refute your arguments so I'm going to go hide under my bed."
    I refuted 3 of his "arguments" this thread. It was plenty enough for a lifetime.
    DKLond said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    DKLond said:
    Being reasonable and rational is hard if you're driven by ignorance and negativity.

You should probably ignore me as well.
    No, man. You're fine, you just don't have the full picture. It's good you're asking questions, though.
    It would be even better if you bothered to answer.
    What have you asked that I haven't answered?
    Adjuvant1 said:
    DKLond said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    DKLond said:
    Being reasonable and rational is hard if you're driven by ignorance and negativity.

You should probably ignore me as well.
    No, man. You're fine, you just don't have the full picture. It's good you're asking questions, though.
    It would be even better if you bothered to answer.
    What have you asked that I haven't answered?
    Check out this thread that we're in.
    Just saw your answer - I apologize for missing it. It's this forum that sometimes ignores new posts in a weird way.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I don't think we should ban every developer that failed to do their thing, if we did there wouldn't be that many left in the industry. That doesn't mean that there aren't people that deserve to be dragged through the mud. The problem is that this thread isn't about this little shit that left his project early, its about attacking or defending him depending on what you think of star citizen.

If you think you won or lost this petty argument let me assure you that you all won a spot on my ignore list.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • TheEndgameProtocolTheEndgameProtocol Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Indiegogo was his platform
  • TheEndgameProtocolTheEndgameProtocol Member UncommonPosts: 13
    All that's left seems to be the white knights grasping at straws so I'm pretty much done. If anyone has legitimate questions about what went on feel free to contact me.
  • TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    DKLond said:
    Well then perhaps you should present one?  Perhaps you would find it a nice change for the normal stuff you post.  
    DKLond said:
    Well then perhaps you should present one?  Perhaps you would find it a nice change for the normal stuff you post.  
    I'll consider it.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Let's face it, the alleged controversy around Adrian Banninga would have gone unnoticed on this site had it not been for the fact that he was now connected to CIG, and one of the primary CIG-haters saw a golden opportunity to exploit this possible chance at further slandering CIG !

I wonder if the diligent activist who brought this to our attention has scoured the ranks of Blizzard, EA and Ubisoft with equal diligence to bring any other alleged crowdfunding "scammers" to justice ? Or is justice only important when CIG is somehow involved ?

Let's dispense with the rule of law, this "scammer" is obviously guilty of all charges, because someone on Reddit said so. We only need one version of the "truth", burn the witch !
  • ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Let's face it, the alleged controversy around Adrian Banninga would have gone unnoticed on this site had it not been for the fact that he was now connected to CIG, and one of the primary CIG-haters saw a golden opportunity to exploit this possible chance at further slandering CIG !

I wonder if the diligent activist who brought this to our attention has scoured the ranks of Blizzard, EA and Ubisoft with equal diligence to bring any other alleged crowdfunding "scammers" to justice ? Or is justice only important when CIG is somehow involved ?

Let's dispense with the rule of law, this "scammer" is obviously guilty of all charges, because someone on Reddit said so. We only need one version of the "truth", burn the witch !
    Your argument is illogical.
    You're basically saying "other companies hire bad and/or incompetent people too so its ok".
    The OP is obviously biased and did not do the kind of "research" you mentioned because he doesn't care about the people other companies are hiring. and this forum is about SC anyway. Who cares if Blizzard hired 50 lazy people. If Blizzard hired 50 lazy people does it make it ok that CIG hired one bad person? No, it doesn't. The OP is asking "Does CIG look into their new hires?" not "Do all companies look into their new hires?".

Bottom line: if something is wrong, it doesn't make is right if the majority starts doing it.

Whether or not Adrian Banninga is actually incompetent is a different story, I don't think anyone can know that for sure unless they have worked with him.
    edited March 2016
    ElElyon said:

Your argument is illogical.
    You're basically saying "other companies hire bad and/or incompetent people too so its ok".
    The OP is obviously biased and did not do the kind of "research" you mentioned because he doesn't care about the people other companies are hiring. and this forum is about SC anyway. Who cares if Blizzard hired 50 lazy people. If Blizzard hired 50 lazy people does it make it ok that CIG hired one bad person? No, it doesn't. The OP is asking "Does CIG look into their new hires?" not "Do all companies look into their new hires?".

Bottom line: if something is wrong, it doesn't make is right if the majority starts doing it.

Whether or not Adrian Banninga is actually incompetent is a different story, I don't think anyone can know that for sure unless they have worked with him.
    Your conclusion is wrong.

He's not saying it's ok - he's saying it's normal for big companies and, as such, not evidence of a serious problem with CIG in particular.

Bottom line: Something being common doesn't mean it's ok.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    In the litany of things that are screwed up about Roberts and Star Citizen's development, this is pretty minor.  Cannot manage much dudgeon.  Sucks for the folks who bought in to this Darkside thing, but otherwise.......

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

In the litany of things that are screwed up about Roberts and Star Citizen's development, this is pretty minor.  Cannot manage much dudgeon.  Sucks for the folks who bought in to this Darkside thing, but otherwise.......
    Says the ten friends you have that told you all the negative things about the terrible person known as Chris Roberts, right? ;)