Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(NA) Black Desert Online, new classes

DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150
Hey guys, 

I am curious, do we have any ETAs on new classes being released. For example, the Blader or Ninja class?

Comments

• UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
    They have not said when those classes are coming to the west yet as well as not mentioned what new ones for both East and West are being developed....anything else you hear is pure speculation until you see an official announcement.
  • OptionalsOptionals Member UncommonPosts: 5
    @Dhaenon I heard from a few different people that have been in contact with people they know at Daum - that there will be at least one new class added to the game with the first major content patch (Mediah).
    IIRC, The ETA on that is about 1-2 months after launch.
  • DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Awesome! Any idea what class it might be? Hopefully a male one! Wizard, Berserker and Warrior just aren't grabbing me. Blader and Ninja look cool though. A male Ranger or Tamer would be legit though.
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Is it going to be a Kunoichi? I only ask because the game play videos didn't show a male ninja unless they are not gender locked.
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Daum has teased the Kunoichi repeatedly and said it's coming  soon.

Steam: Neph

I would be epically TERA-esque bummed if it was just the Kunoichi. We need some more male characters!
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The Blader and Plum are more likely as the first two additions with the Mediah update. That's how it went in the other regions.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Good good, Blader actually looks really cool.
    Nice! Hey can you guys explain a few things for me. 
    1) Do you get enough skill points to train every ability?
    2) If there a main storyline?
    3) How does the Amity system work? Is there a max Amity?
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    DMKano said:
    Dhaenon said:
    Good good, Blader actually looks really cool.
    It plays even better than it looks ;)
    That is only if the person remembers two things A) You aren't a heavy and B) DODGE

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Thanks for the info guys.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    edited March 2016
    I guess they will follow the same update schedule as the Korean version...

I would love to see a planned schedule for that...

At best they will start making an effort to push the updates faster so they can keep all versions equall some day in the future...      however, that would inquire direct language conversions in the base code...   Which might never gonna happen

Something tells me this game has more potential in the Western world then in Asia...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    DMKano said:
    Iselin said:
    The Blader and Plum are more likely as the first two additions with the Mediah update. That's how it went in the other regions.
    Bingo!
    @DMKano ;

Hey man. Is there much difference between the Blader and Plum? I'm currently checking out all the classes and although the Wiz and Witch are identical, I found that warrior and valk are anything but.

The valk kicks butt and the warrior... suffice it to say he's my fisherman/gatherer/processor :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    New classes coming soon in the cashshop!!!!
  • OptionalsOptionals Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Dhaenon said:
    Awesome! Any idea what class it might be? Hopefully a male one! Wizard, Berserker and Warrior just aren't grabbing me. Blader and Ninja look cool though. A male Ranger or Tamer would be legit though.
    I'm almost 90% certain it will be the Blader first.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Iselin said:
    Bingo!
    @DMKano ;

Hey man. Is there much difference between the Blader and Plum? I'm currently checking out all the classes and although the Wiz and Witch are identical, I found that warrior and valk are anything but.

The valk kicks butt and the warrior... suffice it to say he's my fisherman/gatherer/processor :)
    My main is my Valkyrie and I absolutely love it (though I don't the blocking animation).

Having said that I just looked up "plum" and WOW it sounds amazing!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo