Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EN Founders' Packs Include MONTHS of Early Access

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageEN Founders' Packs Include MONTHS of Early Access

The Tree of Savior English version is ready to hit the ground running and the team has revealed the first details about its preorder packages. Ranging from $19.99 to $49.99, the packages come with premium currency, in-game items and months of access.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    so instead of releasing the game already they prefered to sell early acess? ...3 months? come on now :( , the game is fun and enjoyable and has potential but dont like how its starting ¬¬
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    So pay to play on a founders server, seems stupid to me, who would want to pay the 19.99 to join a server thats 2 months old, they should just have 1 price package to make it fair to all that want to start paying for early release of a founders server.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I want to play.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    The founder pioneered the paid closed beta. It's only natural the founders pack would include paid early access.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Is there gonna be any games that release in the near future without this kinda crap B&S, then BDO, now this lol....
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So part of this is being done to cut down on bots. Good proactive approach.

"Founder's Server: Exclusive Access is scheduled to be sold from March 16th, but it is subject to change depending on the timing of Steam's authorization.

We’ve come up with this initial access to prevent numerous Bot Accounts from the early stages of service and to provide a stable in-game environment to our users.

Furthermore, the TOS English version will contain various customized contents that won’t be seen in the Korean version.
    We will continuously develop or make changes on various contents specifically for the TOS English Version so we hope everyone knows about this in advance. (*Please refer to notices and precautions below.)

We’ve requested review for the exclusive access to Steam and sales will commence as soon as Steam authorizes it.

We will continuously update you with the future status.

Thank you.

[Notices and Precautions when purchasing 'Founder's Server: Exclusive Access']
    - The users from territories where we have local partners will be restricted from purchasing from the Steam Store and login to the English server.
    - The following territories will be restricted. “Korea/Japan/Taiwan/Indonesia/China”
    - As for Taiwan, we will make a separate announcement soon.
    - The composition of items at the TP shop and their prices may differ from the Korean version.
    - Maximum 5 TP can be accumulated free of charge. 1 TP will be recharged every 4 hours.
    - Some contents, character balance, etc may differ from the Korean version.
    - The number of Worlds that will be opened will depend on the number of initial users online.
    - When the game service goes into Free to Play (June 19th), the new worlds might be added accordingly."

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Awesome!
    Yeah! Those hair accessories are going to be bad ass! Can't wait.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    This is the move of a company that knows they have huge flaws.
    I'm very put off by how much of an advantage they have been selling in the Korean game and how often they promised they wouldn't do the things they went and did.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• hyuteihyutei Member UncommonPosts: 52
    im dissapointed,this is serious moneygrabbing,on whole new lvl,no way will i ever spend a PENNY in their game,never EVER,just cos of this,make founder packs of 10 days early acces if you buy,but 3 months,r you serious ?
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594

Warlyx said:

so instead of releasing the game already they prefered to sell early acess? ...3 months? come on now :( , the game is fun and enjoyable and has potential but dont like how its starting ¬¬

For some reason Korean games starting to cause me depression.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I think it's a good idea to launch like this. I will pay the 49.99 to do this just because I really want to play the game and I would like to play with other people who are willing to pay to play as well. It will cut down on the annoyances of F2P launches.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    lmao the capitalized "MONTHS" in the headline link.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    I hate this scheme, but I'm so tempted to pay anyway. Dammit. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    49.99 for 3 months of EA. Compared to the 29.99 to 150.00 others charge for 2 to 7 days of EA. Sign me up. Been waiting for ToS for a long time now.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• User836User836 Member UncommonPosts: 117
    I wish they'd just ask for initial price+monthly subscription fee and skip all this nonsense. I bet in a parallel universe that is the norm and everyone is happy and there is peace on earth. -.-
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    edited March 2016
    I've been looking forward to this game for a while. I'll be buying it as $50.00 is cheap compared to what other companies have asked for early access. Plus, you get a full 3 months! Honestly, if I get 3 month of entertainment out of it the price tag will be well worth it.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    User836 said:
    I wish they'd just ask for initial price+monthly subscription fee and skip all this nonsense. I bet in a parallel universe that is the norm and everyone is happy and there is peace on earth. -.-
    What universe have you been living in. This has been the norm for gaming companies for the last few years. ToS just has a better deal then a lot of the companies. Less cosmetic items more game time equals better in my book.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    edited March 2016
    And this thread is proof my friends why game companies keep doing this....

75% of the posters in this thread are basically saying there willing to pay 50$ for early access....

Not to single out TOS but it just goes to show you people will pay for anything and as long as they do game companies will keep doing EA for money....
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    This game is so freaking beautiful.  ...too bad even after watching the trailor that I have no idea what else it is (and thus whether or not to buy into it).  The website certainly doesn't seem to help with that matter unless I'm missing something here.

...doesn't look like it has any summoner class though (which is kinda blah considering that it has like, what, 80 different classes if I recall correctly?  I forget).
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    I just wait for free access, gives me time with other games.
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited March 2016
    There was an article on another website apparently if you want to change your look in game it's was quite costly so this is no surprise i didn't know if i could post things from other mmorpg websites so i didn't but i can but i am not sure how news worthy it is i just remember seeing it.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited March 2016
    As pointed out earlier, most other games charge $150 for early access.  So $50 doesn't seem too bad.  It's basically the cost of buying a game anyways.

Did some research and apparently there are a few summoner-ish classes, though "summoner-ish" instead of "summoner" is really the best I can think of to describe them.  The cross-classing system seems interesting but I dunno exactly how much potential it has and if there's much more to the game besides grinding. Hrm... gonna be hard for me to decide if this game is worth my time and money or not.

Edit:  Actually, after further research, summoner maybe gets a lot of summons in this game.  Or at least, has interesting potential.  Hrm...