Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The next "true" Everquest.....

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420
People are saying this is the spiritual successor to Everquest, more so than even Vanguard or Pantheon, and from the pre-alpha look of things, they have more of a game than Everquest Next ever had. Heres hoping that this game also features 1000s of Quests, so that we can "quest' Forever in the game. Heres hoping!

Comments

• LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101
    im hoping for 0 quest and player driven fun!  hopfully its more of a UO pre Trammel successor .... but honestly if they achieve half of what they want too it will be much more than a UO or EQ successor 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Now I'm not quite sure, but Everquest wasn't really about developer created questing right, more a camp grinder with an occasional quest tossed in.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Kyleran said:
    Now I'm not quite sure, but Everquest wasn't really about developer created questing right, more a camp grinder with an occasional quest tossed in.
    That's how I remember it. Only a few quests worth doing throughout the whole game. The quests that were there took a lot of time for a piece of epic gear that lasted ages.

Is Chronicles quest driven? Just heard about this game a couple days ago while browsing some Pantheon threads.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Everquest  is group grind, not questing.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    edited March 2016
    Pantheon is more like eq then this..... It's basically eq but with better graphics.....
  • VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Avarix said:
    Kyleran said:
    That's how I remember it. Only a few quests worth doing throughout the whole game. The quests that were there took a lot of time for a piece of epic gear that lasted ages.

Is Chronicles quest driven? Just heard about this game a couple days ago while browsing some Pantheon threads.
    There are no quests as the term is understood in most mmos by being "!" to pick up and "?" to complete that everyone follows and gets a predictable outcome.

In CoE, the quests are whatever you, as a player, decide is a worthy investment of time with the hope, but no guarantee, of getting any positive outcome.

It might turn out what you decide is your first quest ends up being the only quest you are on for the next real life year, maybe in search of something unique or pursuing the mastery of an ability, and your character permadies before ever completing your one and only quest. Or you could decide your quest for the day to is to stalk the extravagant trader that came to town briefly, but then left, to see where they return to. 

That said, there will apparently be some overarcing storyline coming from Soulbound studios, but its entirely optional if you want to participate in the story. The player actions, or inaction, in influencing that story will change the world regardless.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    I would trust that the creator of Everquest could re-create Everquest better than the CoE devs. Just my take on it.
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    I wouldn't say this is the succesor to eq. More like an attempt to revitalize MMORPG in a new direction. Sandbox MMORPG...
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I can't think of a single time I thought Everquest, in regard to anything I was hearing about CoE. It might have a harsh environment, any comparison essentially stops there though, I mean sure it's got fantasy, combat, things to kill, buttons. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Well, what some of you guys are saying about quests in EQ is incredibly misleading.  EQ was jam-packed with quests all over the world -- they just weren't thrown in your face.  That, and you actually had to go looking for them.  The game had tons of quests in it.  Many just didn't have much in the way of rewards, so people didn't focus on them(in other words, they weren't like putting a quarter in the candy machine like WoW and others).

Back on-topic:  I am with Distopia, don't really see much in the way of Everquest in this game.  Hopefully, it's a harsh and brutal/dangerous world, but beyond that...

And, I'll echo what the turtle said -- I'd just like to see one of these bloody games release at some point.  How many big pre-alpha/alpha games are floating around now?  How many of them are likely to release before 2018? Sad how far away they all are.