Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pro-Science Pro-Intellectual Gaming Group

2»

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    @waynejarvis Do you have any people playing on EU servers/EU timezones?

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Yolo swag

That is my contribution to this thread.
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    This reminds me of those kids in chess club that would get bullied for their lunch money, but then spend the rest of their day acting smug about getting some of the best grades in math class.

I can understand the desire to want intelligent discussion and reasonable/sane behavior, but it's not really hitting those notes here.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• waynejarviswaynejarvis Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Vrika said:
    @waynejarvis Do you have any people playing on EU servers/EU timezones?
    We came from a game that was European and played with several Europeans, but the direction is too hard to predict at the moment. If we become large enough I will expect a healthy EU population. I can't say we have a large EU population at this time, but we tend to like Russian and Swedish game developers. 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    OP, its an easy trap to fall into.
    But don't confuse education with intelligence, it encourages false assumptions.
    Likewise don't assume that a lack of education implies a lack of intelligence.
    There is also a term that all too often is earned by those who do in their pride, lay claim to certain titles in regards to themselves.
    Pseudo-intellectuals.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Vardahoth said:
    Vardahoth said:

Adjuvant1 said:
    Vardahoth said:

P.S. You will find most the people on these forums are not the type of people you are searching for.
    You don't think there are many people far more impressed with the way they think than they should be?
    I think people will continue to be rude and embrace negative attitudes (which is obviously what the OP is trying to filter out), especially with internet anonymity. I could care less about how they are impressed. It's just a form of pride, which leads to a fall.
    He is trying to filter our negativity with his own negativity? Ohh wait i know, fight poison with poison. My, i have grown so old that i am forgetting common sense..
    Pointing out specific negativity you do not want in you're group is not being negative. Maybe you are just misunderstanding him.
    Misunderstanding someone who is saying he doesn't like unoriginal gamer lingo but use them frequently in the same post? Yeah....

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.