Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New MUD Games?

Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
Hi Community!

So I need some help with MUD games. I am so sick and tired of visual games not being anything what I want/expect them to be that I think I need to start going backwards in my expectations. I have always heard MUD games were great. I would love to try one out but there are so many and not sure where to begin.

What I am looking for is a game with a ton of races/classes/skills and ENDLESS progression. So if i wanted to play for 10 years i could do that and never hit max level cap. Multiplayer is a plus as well but not 100% needed.

I prefer not to play one from early 1990's but if that's when the best ones were from lay them on my please. Ideally i would like to play a newer one (do they still make MUD's in 2016?).

Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!! =)

Comments

• SaelemSaelem Member UncommonPosts: 31
    The Iron Realms games are likely your best bet. They are regularly updated with clients, new features, etc. The RP and lore of the world blows any graphical MMO out of the water. The downside is that these games can be expensive as hell due to an extensive cash shop system.
  • Zen00Zen00 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Last time I logged into a MUD, someone used some mind control power on me as soon as I logged in and stole all my stuff.

So I logged off and forgot about MUDs ever since.
  • SgtOxSgtOx Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Gemstone IV, Dragonrealms  Simutronics.com I believe.  Played many years and then Everquest, DAoC and WoW came out  lol

• GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    http://www.aardwolf.com

Great MUD with a very long progression system.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    While not technically a MUD, I still miss the heck out of Tradewars 2002.  So many years spent on BBS playing this fantastic game.  Then EVE Online came out and gave TWS2002 a graphical interface!  =)
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    BatMUD and ZombieMUD were great in their time, but I strongly recommend trying NWN 2: BGTSCC. It is a visual game with great graphics very much like MMORPG but with a lot of complexity of text-based MUDs when it comes to feats, spells, skills and character building in general.

What I am looking for is a game with a ton of races/classes/skills and ENDLESS progression. So if i wanted to play for 10 years i could do that and never hit max level cap.

You will certainly get this! They have a ton of races, subraces, classes, prestige classes, skills and feats of different categories. It will take a lot more than 10 years to try everything and the number of different combinations is astronomical because each character can be multiclassed with four different main classes and prestige classes with their own sets of skills and feats.

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here