Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anything Blizz could do to bring you back?

Comments

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    Idk I have as casual as possible approach to WOW now each expansion I buy 1 2 max months grind do the quest do some PVP for fun Some BG explore dungeons and raids and basically wait for new expansion  ...
    I don't think  wet dreams  of so called old school vanilla people will happen also it will end rather fast because for most who tried WOW back then it was one of their first and brightest experiences in MMORPG that why in your memory it saved so bright so amazing .... but in reality it will be lot of frustration also doing same old outdated content is tire some ..and even they try to open an official Vanilia server it will be empty .....because you won experience what you experienced first time .....it's human being fact  it simply own happen and server will die people will not find what they expected but what they expected was them self but 10 years younger with lesser exp with less knowledge of game with fresh desire to play the game ......this time you ownt have all this necessary to repeat that fellings that why it will be a disappointment ...and you vanlia veterans will quit ...

WOW well I always hoped for a WOW v.2 )))  also I had high hope Project Titan was something like wow but better .....

But I would like to see something like Ever Quest Next features
    WOW reload with updated graphics
    I won't to see more freedom in classes ( aka Path Of Exile ) not most balanced but will make every damn player have a unique build
    Ever Qust Next features :
    Destructible world
    gw2 Questing but with harder tasks and more rewarding
    Hard content but with reasonable reward ....Kill This boss and you can have his sword or helm or armor Transmog (but make boss very very very hard so hard that  ever thing we seen before was nothing .
    Living world
    World PVP for territory with Guild claim that gives random benefits

and many other features from other games 

But it won't happen and just will stay as  my personal wet dream ))
  • AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    If they re make wow with a new engine and more updated to 2016 standards yeah.
  • lordskwidlordskwid Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I may play again if they would agree to re release Vanilla or BC on its own server from 1.0 on, but I never see that happening.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Sure if they make a new game that is playable not standing in one spot waiting for a queue.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited February 2016
    Yeah release world of warcraft 2.0

1.) Better Story, rather than all of a sudden aliens crash aka Draeni and here comes aliens makes sense, but then Lich King it wasn't all fit together good enough in my eyes to make sense.

2.) Updated Character Models, and UI, make game-play more like Blade & Soul at least character models that look realistic, with Real Armor models, not the crap they got now.

I actually just tried wow a couple of months ago I could not get into it couldn't stand the fact I had to re-do the UI and use customizations rather than a decent UI already set into the game.

Honestly IMO over the years the only decent games all come from other countries many are Pay 2 Enjoy, or Pay 2 Win, but not really much solid made in the U.S besides, Heroes OF The Storm, and Over Watch, which HOTS lacks many game-play modes doesn't allow players to choose what they want to play, and for this reason I choose League over HOTS excluding the toxicity issues from others and ignorance, but both games have it although Blizzard does ban chat toxicity for sure but they can't ban game-play toxicity when you just flat out are a 5 year old playing the game and ruining 4 other players.

And Diablo 3 is no better, having limited customization and cosmetic looks, as well as no way to play a single character only to do new season rewards without starting a new character, which is stupid in my view, and a reason I refuse to play it over-all I think out of U.S Games do the best job on things, something the U.S game companies like Blizzard lack a lot of.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    The vanilla-style PvP servers would have me at least trying it out.

I really enjoyed vanilla/TBC WoW.  But with all these expansions, it's become a stranger to me.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    They had - presumably still have - a plan to "get you back": an expansion once a year. Sure it may only be for 1 or 2 months but this would be 1 or 2 months a year (+ an expansion) rather than 1 or 2 months (+ expansion) every 2 years. Seems to work on a lot of people as well - whatever they put in it.

And for those who have never played they have "the film". 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    ESO level graphics.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    It's time has past for me.  If they made a new game with similar lore, I would consider it.

I self identify as a monkey.

• MangledBLMangledBL Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Bring back a few servers that only have Vanilla WOW pre honor system.

Do this and watch as the money rolls in and those servers crash do to overcrowding.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited March 2016
    For me to go back, they need to drop mandatory subscription if they want me to buy expansion, I am fine with current cash shop, so they either drop sub or drop expansion purchase. Paying to play something i already bought is nonsense. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Ditch WoW. A Diablo themed MMO with TERA-like combat and procedurally generated dungeons would be a nice start. Might even add the whole seasons thing to change the endgame meta every four months.
  • pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Blizzard changed their attitude to WoW after Lich King expansion; so as long as they keep producing weak storylines and recycle 80% of content and call it new - I won't pay anything to them. 

WoW universe is good, but company decided to go with mobile and arena games, I don't expect anything good from the game.
  • ckotocckotoc Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Its fun to see people ask for vanilla and when they had the chance for some old style hardcore mmo with attunement etc that wildstar brought back they ignored it totally and now the game dies.And they keep asking for vanilla wow...
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    GIVE ME BACK MY META!!!
  • ManarixManarix Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I might come back if we can start fresh.
    Not interested to try and play catch up to the rest of the field.
    And tbh i would rather see Blizzard make a new MMO.

Currently playing browser games. Waiting for Albion Online, Citadel of Sorcery and Camelot Unchained.
    Played: almost all MMO pre 2007

• Little-BootLittle-Boot Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Like others, I loved vanilla, didn't mind TBC but only lasted a month or so, played WOTLK for a couple of weeks, and Cataclysm for a handful of days. That was the last expansion I bought. 

The problem is that I would not even want to play vanilla now; times have changed, and certainly my free time (or willingness to spend it in an MMO) has reduced drastically. 

The only time I would even consider returning was if they somehow reversed the direction the game has taken in every expansion since TBC, and returned to a meaningful open world where you would bump into other players, interact and help one another, rather than fast travelling, flying, and sitting in hub-towns waiting for queues to pop. 
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    pinktailz said:
    Blizzard changed their attitude to WoW after Lich King expansion; so as long as they keep producing weak storylines and recycle 80% of content and call it new - I won't pay anything to them. 

WoW universe is good, but company decided to go with mobile and arena games, I don't expect anything good from the game.
    Once they merged with activison it's been downhill for WoW since.
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Not with WOW or anything remotely resembling it. 

edited March 2016
    no clue what happened here...
    ckotoc said:
    Its fun to see people ask for vanilla and when they had the chance for some old style hardcore mmo with attunement etc that wildstar brought back they ignored it totally and now the game dies.And they keep asking for vanilla wow...
    I might be obliged to agree with you if it weren't for the fact that WIldstar's combat was nothing like WOW's... That awful telegraph attack system they decided to come out was reason number 1 why the game failed IMO.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    If Blizzard released WoW on the newest best engine with 'modernized' graphics and stopped the account hacks and fake email attacks EVERYONE would go back.

But then again the same could be said for every other game released before 2010.
  • RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Lets see here...my wife kicking my daddy-bags or playing WOW. Not worth the pain I would receive. I had fun with WOW back in the day but being a Officer/Raid Leader in a large raiding guild made it a 2nd job.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    edited March 2016
    Create WarCraft 2 , with all new storyline,characters and graphics engine to fit this era...
    Post edited by Elvoc on
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Never enjoyed the combat mechanics in WoW (was too "detached" for me, never enjoyed tab-target gameplay) and the changes they did to the lore over time severely screwed up my remaining interest.

So probably not. 

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin