Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning player. Really confused...

dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
So I played this game back at launch for a few months, but am just now coming back....
There is so much to this game! I'm so lost. I'm playing an arasai inquisitor. First of all I'm having issues with AA. I see that they already have predetermined (solo, group) AA sets, and when you switch they change up your skills. Is that what people use? Or do they make their own? I tried making my own the way I wanted it, but when I would finalize it, it didn't look like it took the way I had made it. I'm completely confused by the AA system.

Also, with the dungeon finder. I used it for the first time and was with another lvl 20 character and a level 59 character and I think a couple of mercenaries. So I really didn't know what I was doing. Does my level scale up? Am I even helpful to the group? My main desire is to heal, but it looked like somebody was healing the whole time, though I have no idea who. Are there specific goals for dungeons? Or do you just run them for exp and gear?

Any help, or any other advice is appreciated!

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    If you're not a subscriber, I think you cannot customize your AA much, if at all.

Generally, unless you have specific quests inside a given dungeon, there are not specific goals.

The way the mentor system scales, toons 40 levels higher are significantly overpowered in lower level dungeons. The 59 might have had a merc healing, or he might have been healing, you didn't mention his class.

Outside of the timelock progression servers, you're not going to find much intricate, tactical, group-based play before the 90s, if only for the reason mentored "assisting" players will just clobber the material.

Alot of what you're looking for comes in time. It's just that the game's 11 years old and the bell curve of action is toward the top.
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    If you want to subscribe to EQ2, my suggestion is you pay close attention to the unlock on TLE server Stormhold to Echoes of Faydwer expansion. That will very likely be a good experience for new and returning players.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Thanks for all the help! Yea it was an agnostic dungeon I was in. I figured action started at the higher levels, but I hate soloing and questing seems to be taking forever to level up. Is questing the best way to get to the higher levels?
    That makes more sense with the AA's. You pick your path and then they go up as you level?
    I created a character on the TLE pve server and there was literally almost nobody there. On the island of the overlord or whatever there was like two people and /who all searches showed nobody.

But even on the pve TLE server doing /who all serches show nothing. Looked really dead to me.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Yea the TLE pve server. Still on starter island. Does /who all not show results past the starter island?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Ahhhhhhh.