Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG: Solo and casual friendly. Good controls. Epic/powerful feeling.

MuckbeastMuckbeast Member UncommonPosts: 44
I'm looking for an MMO that is very solo and casual friendly, has good controls, and your character has an epic/powerful feeling while played. 

The last two mmos I played were Skyforge and Tera. I liked them both, but they eventually became unplayable solo as you were forced to group to do anything meaningful.

Thanks!

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Maybe some more infos about what do you seek besides good control and powerful feel? You want the story maybe, or crafting, build / maintain a house, or a big world to explore... There must be some other besides solo, since most MMOs are group-focused, especially at the end... maybe some options / detours for solo, but those options are usually way too grindy for a casual gamestyle. The genre is more solo-friendly now than ever was in the past, but still is about -more or less- massively, multiplayer gameplay.

Anyways (and with a tie to your other thread, so I hit two threads with one post :wink: ) my favourite casual one right now is CO - though I used to call it my 2nd level games. Very casual-friendly, can solo all the way to the cap, can get decent quality endgear too as solo, and since it's about superheroes, the character feels powerful enough :wink:
  • MuckbeastMuckbeast Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Crafting and housing are cool, but really not vital.

I just want cool, fun classes that feel epic, fun combat, steady advancement/development, and content that is easy to jump into and play solo/casual.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    ESO, SWTOR both fit what you are saying. You can solo both games all the way to cap and either raid in SWTOR or pvp in ESO. While ESO was my game for over a year it has enough content to keep you busy for a very long time and has a decent story for each zone.
    Is ESO f2p now? I really didn't follow it too closely because it was a sub game and other than Skyrim the Elder Scrolls games never really did it for me.

It is totally soloable indefinitely and has fun classes?

SWTOR I played a bunch at release, and I enjoyed it, but I think that's played out for me.

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    cronius77 said:
    ESO, SWTOR both fit what you are saying. You can solo both games all the way to cap and either raid in SWTOR or pvp in ESO. While ESO was my game for over a year it has enough content to keep you busy for a very long time and has a decent story for each zone.
    For your specific request, I second cronius77's recommendation.  Both decent choices.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Black Desert Online.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Muckbeast said:
    I'm looking for an MMO that is very solo and casual friendly, has good controls, and your character has an epic/powerful feeling while played. 

The last two mmos I played were Skyforge and Tera. I liked them both, but they eventually became unplayable solo as you were forced to group to do anything meaningful.

Thanks!
    I think there are quite a few mmos that fit this bill, but at some point the content -solo or group - will run out.

You could try, ESO, gw2, Neverwinter Online. They all have smooth controls, powerful feeling characters, and a ton of single player or adhoc group content.

Black Desert Online has great controls and some really epic classes, but I don't think it would be satisfying to play unless you want to get into its deep crafting/trade/game systems and just enjoy living in a well fleshed out virtual fantasy world or are looking for guild based pvp. 
    Gorwe said:

TERA?

And a big no to ESO. That game is just mediocre.

As noted in first place, already played out Tera.

Based on suggestions here, I grabbed a copy of ESO but haven't played yet. I hope that isn't a mistake.

BDO looks cool but I am really not into a super crafting heavy game.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Of all the ones mentioned I like GW2 and Marvel Heroes the best.  I'm casual and mostly solo.  Both make your character feel strong and the players are mostly helpful.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Wow. ESO sucked instantly.

First: First Person Perspective? WTF? That's garbage. And even when you switch to 3rd person, its gimpy as heck. Your character is weirdly off to the left and the controls are all janky.

Second: What's with having to click for every swing? This doesn't feel like an MMO at all. This feels like a crappy version of Skyrim. :(

Third: Is this another quest grind game, where you just do one boring ass quest after another? 

Fourth: Really ugly game. Not the graphics quality, but the art style. Yuck. :(

Fifth: Skill/stat/advancement system looks needlessly and insanely complex. Right off the bat, absolutely no idea what to do or pick. Heck, I had to read wikis for 30 minutes to even figure out race/classes to pick. 

What a bummer. :(

This didn't feel like an MMO. This felt like a terrible version of Skryim with MMO elements hacked on. I hated Morrowind and Oblivion, and only slightly tolerated Skyrim. 

================

Is Guild Wars 2 more like a real, 3rd person, MMO? With a world to explore, mobs to grind, cool abilities, etc?

Because honestly, right off the bat, combat looks crappy as heck in ESO.
    Try GW2 out its free: the abilities might look "cooler" (subjective), its basically a tab targeter, graphics style is much different to ESO, skill system is less complex, has a world to explore, mobs to grind, and a more traditional 3rd person perspective.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Blade and Soul.  If you liked TERA you'll love Blade and Soul.

Very casual/solo friendly.  Best combat system in any MMO ever (imo).  You will feel pretty powerful as any class can steamroll over 90% of the content.
    YashaX said:
    Try GW2 out its free: the abilities might look "cooler" (subjective), its basically a tab targeter, graphics style is much different to ESO, skill system is less complex, has a world to explore, mobs to grind, and a more traditional 3rd person perspective.
    Is GW2 more like an actual MMO? 

-3rd person perspective (can't believe I have to actually list this now!)
    -solo and casual friendly
    -cool classes that feel strong/epic early without grossly complicated trees/builds
    -easy to get into
    -good controls 
    -fun pve
    -no forced grouping
    -don't care about pvp or crafting

You say it is free. I thought it was B2P. Is there a free trial even?
    Muckbeast said:
    YashaX said:
    Is GW2 more like an actual MMO? 

-3rd person perspective (can't believe I have to actually list this now!)
    -solo and casual friendly
    -cool classes that feel strong/epic early without grossly complicated trees/builds
    -easy to get into
    -good controls 
    -fun pve
    -no forced grouping
    -don't care about pvp or crafting

You say it is free. I thought it was B2P. Is there a free trial even?
    Yeah it has all that and the base game is free, if you like it then you have the option of buying the expansion which adds new classes and so on.

Imo the start is quite slow but after a couple of hours the game really opens up. The class abilities are quite impressive (imo) and the gameplay/controls are really smooth. What type of class do you usually like playing?