Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon Gameplay on Youtube

2»

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    When you charge for a game and do not wipe... the game is launched.  I don't care if devs call it Early Access, Early Enrollment, or any other wordsmithing.

Ark and many other games doesnt charge you to buy the game again when they finish its development.  I dont see whats wrong with having the freedom to buy the game in its early development especially if its just a one time fee and you like the game.  Its up to the buyer to do his research if the game is legit that its making progress.  I wonder how many of you would turn your back on your own words if they announced a early access for pantheon.
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Look trap!
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    When you charge for a game and do not wipe... the game is launched.  I don't care if devs call it Early Access, Early Enrollment, or any other wordsmithing.

Ark and many other games doesnt charge you to buy the game again when they finish its development.  I dont see whats wrong with having the freedom to buy the game in its early development especially if its just a one time fee and you like the game.  Its up to the buyer to do his research if the game is legit that its making progress.  I wonder how many of you would turn your back on your own words if they announced a early access for pantheon.
    Seriously? You should check out my history some time.  LOL

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I'm really impressed at how functional and playable it already seems to be, looks great - I can't wait 'til I get to play it myself.

I'm hoping it'll be able to fill the void in my life left by Vanguard.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    The combat pace works for me, but I hope CC plays a larger role even in regular hunting and other situational spells / skills.  Cast times seemed a bit long on the wizard, mobs were well below 50% health by the time he got most of them off.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83
    The game looks good on paper, hope they can  pull it off.  I liked what I saw in the video overall, looks playable in its current state. Just needs some polishing.

Redsalt... the other salt.

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425

Not sure this part - "and do not wipe" - is relevant to a launched game.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    carotid said:

The point is that you can call a game whatever you want.  If you are charging for it, and there is no wipe, then the game is launched.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Why is the camera bouncing up and down like that in first person? Before anybody says anything too crazy, I want you to walk in straight line and recreate what you saw in this video.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247
    The combat pace works for me, but I hope CC plays a larger role even in regular hunting and other situational spells / skills.  Cast times seemed a bit long on the wizard, mobs were well below 50% health by the time he got most of them off.
    it's not even in pre-alpha mode, So likely there will be changes to things like that. Also the skills of a developer isnt really something we can criticize here. I mean, sure you can criticize his skills but they dont relate to how the game is being made/built.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    carotid said:

"do not wipe" is the most important part.  Early access, pre-alpha buy-ins and all of that really aren't a problem if you wipe the game once it "officially" launches.  In those cases it's basically people paying to beta test.

But, when you have people playing for months and don't wipe progress, then nothing really changes when they make their "official" launch.  They've been getting paid to play, people have been playing and progressing for months, what's the difference in this and a real launch?  The only difference is a wall of excuses to hide behind.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I like the look of the world and it's about damn time we are getting to a point where ingame-worlds actually look and feel like "worlds".

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Is group mob grinding going to be a significant element in this game? (dont know anything about this game, just saw the guys grinding in the video...)

It is something I am missing in modern mmos. Maybe it disappeared because players no longer want to camp spots with friends for hours to get a few % from the next level.

Yeah, people lost interest in the experience grind.  Laughably enough, they just replaced the exp. grinds with reputation/faction grinds and gold/token grinds.
  • ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Why is the camera bouncing up and down like that in first person? Before anybody says anything too crazy, I want you to walk in straight line and recreate what you saw in this video.
    I hope we can configure it in the settings.
    Lokero said:
    carotid said:

"do not wipe" is the most important part.  Early access, pre-alpha buy-ins and all of that really aren't a problem if you wipe the game once it "officially" launches.  In those cases it's basically people paying to beta test.

But, when you have people playing for months and don't wipe progress, then nothing really changes when they make their "official" launch.  They've been getting paid to play, people have been playing and progressing for months, what's the difference in this and a real launch?  The only difference is a wall of excuses to hide behind.
    Appreciate your explanation.

carotid said:

The point is that you can call a game whatever you want.  If you are charging for it, and there is no wipe, then the game is launched.

Understand *thumbs up*
  • GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    This is the same Brad from Vanguard?  Man i loved Vanguard so much. I really hope this has better systems in place. That was the bane of that game. I can do group centric work no problem but please let this handle well. I really don't want to get into another MMO, but Vanguard was way to good to pass up the chance of a rightful successor to that or EQ.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• JackCracker411JackCracker411 Member UncommonPosts: 69
    senadin said:
    it's not even in pre-alpha mode, So likely there will be changes to things like that. Also the skills of a developer isnt really something we can criticize here. I mean, sure you can criticize his skills but they dont relate to how the game is being made/built.
    Dude, Senadin... not even sure where you are coming from.  At what point did he criticize the developer's skills?  Are you imagining this?  

Anyway, I do agree with Vorthanion on the cast times.  However, being that it's pre pre alpha... I'm sure they have not optimized that quite yet.  Different spells will have different cast times.  Not to worried about this.

Regarding CC.. I believe this will play a huge role in this game.  It's always been a huge part of EQ combat and looks to be a big part of this game as well based on the video.  Really looking forward to getting back to that kind of gameplay in a new mmo.  
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    edited March 2016
    Wizardry said:
    I think already i sense a trend that gamer's are being fooled by what is going on in the industry.

All those other games pandering around EARLY access is bull crap.That is nothing more than one of the many new age marketing ideas devs are coming up with to sell people crap games.
    My point is that this is actually a REAL,factual early version of the game,not some fake claim that it is.Those other games are claiming early development, but never see but a 1% improvement months or years later,they are actually selling you the official game state but just using the early development gimmick to avoid criticism.

I fully suspect this game to be around a Vanguard state of game play,weather you like that or not is not for me to say as everyone is entitled to their opinion on game play.I happen to like the direction of this game,weather it pans out in the end,only time will tell.

I agree. The best part of the stream, to me, was they were just playing. Not showcasing this or that so much as just running around the world and working together. Brad had to remind the guy streaming to show his skills and the merchant. They have a build right now that is playable. That is more than most developers claiming to be making an mmo indi or not can say. I was impressed.
    And.. this is "pre-pre-Alpha". They're a long way from even seeing the home stretch yet. Most of the races/classes aren't even in, yet.

To the concerns about the look of things, or animations, etc... They discuss that at one point of the video, where they explain that they're focusing on gameplay and getting everything else right with the game, and that you don't need fancy graphics and such to achieve that. The graphics, animations and such will be polished and kicked up to its final look/form after everything else is nailed down. They seem very adamant in maintaining that approach, and it's a smart way to go.

That said, there are still some really nice looking environments in that game already. The ruins area looks great. I wouldn't be able to resist wanting to explore that if I saw it, that much I know for sure lol. I probably will, once I get over there. I'm gonna be an Elf, so I'll be off exploring elsewhere for a while.

What I loved about it was watching them do their thing, and thinking "Yes, this is what I remember from playing old-school MMOs. This is what it was like to get together with a group of people and just go out adventuring, and all the random things that could happen along the way. It wasn't all about "how many levels can I get, and how quickly". It was about hanging out with (usually) cool people, and having fun, while trying not to die".

It also reminded me of how much I've missed it.
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    is this one of "those games " where i can donate to fund them and play now?  i would LOVE to play this now..iv fished around on  google a lil and found nothing =(

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    is this one of "those games " where i can donate to fund them and play now?  i would LOVE to play this now..iv fished around on  google a lil and found nothing =(

We are still in early development @BurntCabbage but you can purchase a pledge that will give you pre-alpha, alpha or beta testing access when it is ready, plus the money goes towards helping us develop the game as up until this point we have been crowd funded with one angel investor :)

Even without a donation/pledge purchase we really appreciate the support from everyone, we have such an awesome community!

If you are interested, you can find the pledges here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/pledge/
  • Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202
    Is any information regarding rarity of armor and weapons available?

I mean is the game going to be closer to e.g. Warcraft where you change / upgrade your equip frequently or is it going to be more like e.g. Lineage where changing piece of your equip for a new one was a "big deal" / rare event.

I personally prefer equip being rare. You then tend to value it more.
    Their plan is to make it a rare event, like EQ if you played that.

From their FAQ http://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/
    What is your philosophy on item proliferation and drops?
    Our desire to bring back the value and personality of items drives our item design. This means that the frequency of upgrades will be slower and when you do get a new piece of gear not only will the experience be memorable but so will the item. We want you to collect your items and be able to remember their names. When you get that epic item or rare drop after an incredible dungeon crawl, we want you to be in awe of what you have accomplished and the reward that came from it. Items will be memorable, deserved, cherished, and desired.